• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Now that more states are making Marijuana legal for rec use, would it make sense to invest into some of the larger stock traded companies and if so what is everyone feeling...

Dil

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is correct. Not only has Trump never drank alcohol, he has never smoked a cigarette or a cigar. And he's not exactl... (more)

user1337 (Nov. 19, 2016 @ 11:55p) |

Yeah.  The story is that, much earlier in his life, Trump lost his older brother to alcoholism.  This frightened the cra... (more)

shinobi1 (Nov. 20, 2016 @ 12:34a) |

I'm investing in Oreos and milk ,a result of marijuana usage.

yaknart33 (Nov. 20, 2016 @ 3:09a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Dilbertic said:   Now that more states are making Marijuana legal for rec use, would it make sense to invest into some of the larger stock traded companies and if so what is everyone feeling...

Dil

I am feeling euphoric!

rated:
Can someone pass the potato chips?

rated:
Good luck with investing.

APHIRA INC NPV
Total Revenue 6.5M
Market Cap 447.85M
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/APHQF/key-statistics?p=APHQF

Aurora Cannabis Inc. (ACBFF)
Revenue (ttm) 1.07M
Market Cap 619.05M
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ACBFF?ltr=1

General Cannabis Corp
Market Cap 58.07M
Revenue (ttm) 2.67M
Profit Margin -229.45%
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CANN/key-statistics?p=CANN

rated:
Invest in traditional tobacco stocks.

Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. No legitimate, nationwide business will take part in the market. When (if) the drug becomes legal, expect the big producers to monopolize the market.

rated:
Why would it make sense?

rated:
Buy high, sell higher

rated:
RedWolfe01 said:   For all the Republican majority talks up state rights -- it only supports them for states that agree with them. Legal marijuana, abortion, sanctuary cities, ect... yeah that is all going away. Now states that are pro-life, pro-gun.. yeah that is the "right of the state to choose."
Since when has the Republican majority supported state rights that are contrary to federal law ?
Your so-called "pro-life" states still allow abortion per federal law.
And your "pro-gun" states allows gun ownership per the federal Constitution.

rated:
I'd say the best way to invest is through small business ventures that focus on growing. Corporations will be heavily taxed and the customer will end up going back to the street hustler because the product will be cheaper. The money maker will remain on the growing side, not the selling side.  We've seen this in Oregon & Colorado, and will surely see it in California.

www.newskylending.com

rated:
All worthless penny stocks for the most part.

rated:
Invest in the legal companies that provide services for these companies.

rated:
tennis8363 said:   All worthless penny stocks for the most part.
  Not true - some are worthless stocks that have run way up to $100M's or even $1B valuations.  These you should probably short .  

rated:
BostonOne said:   Invest in the legal companies that provide services for these companies.
  That's a good idea. Notice how much "plant' lights are on Amazon these days.

rated:
newskylending said:   I'd say the best way to invest is through small business ventures that focus on growing. Corporations will be heavily taxed and the customer will end up going back to the street hustler because the product will be cheaper. The money maker will remain on the growing side, not the selling side.  We've seen this in Oregon & Colorado, and will surely see it in California.

www.newskylending.com

NewSky killed my cousin

rated:
pietromoon said:   
newskylending said:   I'd say the best way to invest is through small business ventures that focus on growing. Corporations will be heavily taxed and the customer will end up going back to the street hustler because the product will be cheaper. The money maker will remain on the growing side, not the selling side.  We've seen this in Oregon & Colorado, and will surely see it in California.

www.newskylending.com

NewSky killed my cousin

Ok, I'll bite...

rated:
Florida voters voted overwhelmingly to accept medical Marijuana...but the State and Local govt are doing everything to stop it.
Before medical marijuana is sold in Floridah....it will be two years...if at all. Don't invest in anyone who plans include Floridah....this state
is the center of Stupid.

rated:
As long as it continues to be illegal on the Federal level, there will be serious tax issues (all G&A costs are non-deductible at the Federal level and sometimes at the state level since they often use Federal drug classifications) and banking issues. Not to mention it is still illegal on the Federal level (even if they continue to chose not to enforce as a policy). Plus, it is not hard to grow so I'd expect low prices when it becomes legal on the Federal level.

rated:
Can't see how this could be a good investment -- at least for recreational retail. Absent regulation, there is little barrier to entry to the market. At the same time, taxes will make retail sales less profitable. Seems like people will end up growing their own and some will grow a lot and sell black market with little to no repercussion.

rated:
BostonOne said:   Invest in the legal companies that provide services for these companies.

Legal big a$$ pot stock: GWPH

Look at history... this stock has gained a lot of momentum

rated:
With Jeff Sessions as AG you may want to rethink investing in weed.

rated:
Following up on what BostonOne said. Since pot sellers can't use banks, start a money transfer service for weed shops. pick up the money like those brinks trucks and charge them a lot to handle money for them. I think I saw a story on Vice about these types of services (kinda worked like contractors working overseas but here in the US for weed shops) All cash transactions make it feel like the illegal drug trade and the shops pay a lot of money to protect themselves from the"Omar Little's of the world". Or design shirts for the weed smokers with the popular verbiage?

rated:
supersnoop00 said:   Invest in traditional tobacco stocks.

Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. No legitimate, nationwide business will take part in the market. When (if) the drug becomes legal, expect the big producers to monopolize the market.

What he said. These places have been having a hard time even getting bank accounts because of the fear of feds.  Insurance for the business? Good luck!
Consider MJ as extra high risk investment.  Possible jail time.

rated:
user1337 said:   With Jeff Sessions as AG you may want to rethink investing in weed.
  Totally.  Do people not realize Federal law trumps mere state laws?

Weed is forbidden by Federal law.  Obama (a former? smoker himself) gave a pass, said he would not enforce.  This opened it up for the individual states.  But as with so MANY other things, Obama lacked the ability to compromise and work with Congress in order actually to pass laws.  Instead, he did stuff on his own by Presidential decree.  And that stuff is not law.  It lasts only as long as Obama is in office, roughly another two months.

I am not aware of Trump's position on weed.  The guy does not even use alcohol, for goodness sake.  Other drugs, for Trump, are out of the question!!  It's one reason why, at age 70, he remains able to out work much younger people.  Trump still has all his brain cells operational.  But does he insist others follow his example, or is he understanding that not all people will make his choices?  I dunno, but until I did I would stay clear of investing in businesses based on sale of weed.  I mean, look at Trump's family.  None of them is a drug user either, based on appearance.  They're all a bunch of straight arrows.  So be careful.  Trump might believe that part of making America great again is making America sober again! 

rated:
Well said....I think if any AG will go after legal marijuana with DEA troops...its this guy.....when Medical Marijuana first became legal....DEA well armed Goons raided
a woman growing pot in her yard in Santa Cruz and other places.....

rated:
This will be Nixon's war on Drugs part II....I am sure then next DEA chief will have pleasure smashing in doors with goons going to Colorado, Alaska etc.
Trump is profoundly Conservative with his children......the next term is going to be a radical america and I am not sure we will all survive it.

rated:
The concept of "states rights" goes back to 1860 when Southern States wanted
to keep slavery....when it does not fit their agenda..."states rights" is forgotten.
With Marijuana...they will not consider states rights.....rather "Trump Rights"

rated:
svap said:   Good luck with investing.

APHIRA INC NPV
Total Revenue 6.5M
Market Cap 447.85M
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/APHQF/key-statistics?p=APHQF 

Aurora Cannabis Inc. (ACBFF)
Revenue (ttm) 1.07M
Market Cap 619.05M
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ACBFF?ltr=1 

General Cannabis Corp
Market Cap 58.07M
Revenue (ttm) 2.67M
Profit Margin -229.45%
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CANN/key-statistics?p=CANN

Seems like they've peaked and are on downward path. Be careful of these penny stocks. They are all speculative stocks.

rated:
shinobi1 said:   
user1337 said:   With Jeff Sessions as AG you may want to rethink investing in weed.
  Totally.  Do people not realize Federal law trumps mere state laws?

Weed is forbidden by Federal law.  Obama (a former? smoker himself) gave a pass, said he would not enforce.  This opened it up for the individual states.  But as with so MANY other things, Obama lacked the ability to compromise and work with Congress in order actually to pass laws.  Instead, he did stuff on his own by Presidential decree.  And that stuff is not law.  It lasts only as long as Obama is in office, roughly another two months.

I am not aware of Trump's position on weed.  The guy does not even use alcohol, for goodness sake.  Other drugs, for Trump, are out of the question!!  It's one reason why, at age 70, he remains able to out work much younger people.  Trump still has all his brain cells operational.  But does he insist others follow his example, or is he understanding that not all people will make his choices?  I dunno, but until I did I would stay clear of investing in businesses based on sale of weed.  I mean, look at Trump's family.  None of them is a drug user either, based on appearance.  They're all a bunch of straight arrows.  So be careful.  Trump might believe that part of making America great again is making America sober again! 

This is correct. Not only has Trump never drank alcohol, he has never smoked a cigarette or a cigar. And he's not exactly a constitutional conservative federalist. 

The one wildcard is if he is friends with a bunch of potheads and cokeheads in Manhattan and sees that they are relatively functioning addicts. Then he may have empathy.

rated:
Yeah.  The story is that, much earlier in his life, Trump lost his older brother to alcoholism.  This frightened the crap out of Trump, and also his brother, before he passed away, warned Trump strongly against drugs.  Trump took that warning very seriously.

So OK, that was alcohol and this is about weed.  Trump will not re-impose prohibition.  But will he enforce EXISTING law prohibiting pot?  Nobody knows, but I would not bet money he will be as lax as Obama.  Better, IMO, to wait and see.

rated:
I'm investing in Oreos and milk ,a result of marijuana usage.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016