Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No surprise there.

They announced this months ago. Basically, the first announcement said that people were confused and they wanted to clarify. However, I do remember the original terms stating it would not renew at the special rate. People are just lazy and can't read, I guess...

What are the requirements? Is there a max amount to qualify for the 7%?

This is good - no chance of us accidentally getting our money tied back into a low rate CD.

What is the point of this post? It will just cause confusion here. One person already thinks it's a current offer.
cutemitu said:   What are the requirements? Is there a max amount to qualify for the 7%?

...and if they beat you out of your money.....who do you complain to??

My CD was not closed and the funds were not deposited into my savings upon maturity. Instead, they deposited someone else's 7300 into my CD LoL. I had to call and they fixed it for me.

matrix5k said:   My CD was not closed and the funds were not deposited into my savings upon maturity.

Same thing happened to me. I had to call and they transferred the funds into my savings account manually.  

what a fly-by-night crapshoot this place is.

How are you guys transferring out & closing? Transferring all $7300ish, zero-ing out the account, then request it get closed? Want to make sure they don't find some unique way to charge me any fees.

The funds in my CD were automatically transferred into my Savings on Dec 12th. I added an external account the same day; the micro-deposits were in my external account the next morning, which allowed me to confirm my external account on Dec 13th. I then requested a transfer of all but $10 out of Savings into my external account (which did require a phone call to confirm, as they had a "hold" placed on the transfer); however, the "hold" was immediately removed and the money showed up in my external account the very next day. All in all, a pretty smooth experience after taking advantage of a nice (albeit short term) earnings opportunity.

What total balance did everyone end up with? My maturity date was yesterday but I still haven't seen a final dividend or the promised automatic deposit of my CD into my savings.

protomenace said:   What total balance did everyone end up with? My maturity date was yesterday but I still haven't seen a final dividend or the promised automatic deposit of my CD into my savings.
  I called this morning and was told it will be closed and funds transferred to savings this evening (~6 pm).

Incidentally, their webpage has the following banner message. Could be unrelated but there have been some issues with their system
:
"Important Announcement:
There was a delay in processing ACH deposits and withdrawals, but now all transactions have been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please call our Communications Center at 301-839-8400 or 800-526-6661 for any questions or concerns. "

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017