• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I received a pretty good "pre-qualified" deal in the mail: $500 cash back after spending $4,500.   I got a card and a second authorized user card for spouse.  Between the 2 of us we spent the $4,500 and I emailed them about when we would be getting the cash back.  They said the authorized user account spending didn't count towards the $4500.  Luckily I have time to finish the spending.  I kinda thought something was weird because online it didn't show the authorized user spending together with the primary user spending.  It showed up in a separate account.  So be careful.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
That might be true for most cards right?

rated:
Maybe it's true for most business cards where AUs get separate numbers and tracking on bills. I wouldn't expect it for any personal cards (even though we have a couple of those with separate numbers and billing sections).

rated:
+1. Never heard of AU spending not counting towards minimum spend on personal credit cards.

rated:
This is a business card, but I have always used authorized users on those.

rated:
This is one of those questions that you can never trust the answer; the only way to know for certain is trial and error.  Or at least call and email numerous times and see if there's a consistent answer, before taking what one CSR says as gospel.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   That might be true for most cards right?Not true for almost all cards.

rated:
cameron2003 said:   This is a business card, but I have always used authorized users on those.How much time has passed since you hit $4500 ? maybe you just have to wait a bit longer.

rated:
I have the same offer OP and the fine print (below) does seem to indicate you can't combine spend on multiple cards to meet the requirement - however on the plus side it almost seems to indicate you could get 2 cash bonuses by spending $4500 on each card.  Thoughts?

$500 cash back will be credited to your account after eligible net purchases totaling $4500 or more are made to your account in the first 150 days. Please allow 8-10 weeks after you have met the spend requirement for your cash back to be credited to your account. Each card meeting the spend requirement will earn the cash back. Spend on multiple cards may not be combined to meet the requirement.

rated:
so this means if we issue 4 AU cards and meet it on all 4 you get 4 rewards?

rated:
forbin4040 said:   so this means if we issue 4 AU cards and meet it on all 4 you get 4 rewards?
As unlikely as it sounds, I can't figure out what else those terms would be trying to say.  I have noticed (probably like OP) that my spouse's AU card does act like its very own card though.  It showed up in her US Bank acct login and even gets its own monthly statement generated showing only her purchases.  But it is definitely tied to the same central business line that mine is.  I'll probably give it a try (have my spouse hit $4500 on her card) and see what happens - might be awhile though before we know based on terms.

rated:
F me. This warning is an invitation.

rated:
dl73 said:   
forbin4040 said:   so this means if we issue 4 AU cards and meet it on all 4 you get 4 rewards?
As unlikely as it sounds, I can't figure out what else those terms would be trying to say.  I have noticed (probably like OP) that my spouse's AU card does act like its very own card though.  It showed up in her US Bank acct login and even gets its own monthly statement generated showing only her purchases.  But it is definitely tied to the same central business line that mine is.  I'll probably give it a try (have my spouse hit $4500 on her card) and see what happens - might be awhile though before we know based on terms.

Wow, I still have the offer paperwork, and I see the fine print you're talking about.  I may email them again to confirm both cards can get the bonus.  If nothing else I guess I can pay property taxes with it.  Thanks for the info.

rated:
I got the same offer. The bonus posted when the statement was cut in the month spending req was met. Tempted to add an AU now to see if it also gets a bonus...

rated:
cameron2003 said:   
dl73 said:   

Wow, I still have the offer paperwork, and I see the fine print you're talking about.  I may email them again to confirm both cards can get the bonus.  If nothing else I guess I can pay property taxes with it.  Thanks for the info.

Dude, don't ask, just do it and see what happens.  It's never good to ask about loopholes and how to exploit them, and there's a 50/50 chance the response is going to be wrong anyways.

rated:
dl73 said:   I have the same offer OP and the fine print (below) does seem to indicate you can't combine spend on multiple cards to meet the requirement - however on the plus side it almost seems to indicate you could get 2 cash bonuses by spending $4500 on each card.  Thoughts?

$500 cash back will be credited to your account after eligible net purchases totaling $4500 or more are made to your account in the first 150 days. Please allow 8-10 weeks after you have met the spend requirement for your cash back to be credited to your account. Each card meeting the spend requirement will earn the cash back. Spend on multiple cards may not be combined to meet the requirement.

And people always bitch about the fine print

rated:
pandahouse said:   I got the same offer. The bonus posted when the statement was cut in the month spending req was met. Tempted to add an AU now to see if it also gets a bonus...
  A new AU may not be attached to the promo, it may be limited to cards requested on the application.  But someone's got to try...

rated:
cameron2003 said:   I received a pretty good "pre-qualified" deal in the mail: $500 cash back after spending $4,500.

I just received a Premier Rewards Gold Card offer from AmEx for $500 gift cards after spending $2,000. So is this a GREAT offer?

rated:
pandahouse said:   I got the same offer. The bonus posted when the statement was cut in the month spending req was met. Tempted to add an AU now to see if it also gets a bonus...
  Both my and AU's (on application) card have now met $4500 spend with next statement cut Dec 23rd.  I'll report back if we get an extra xmas present.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016