• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have a PenFed Cd maturing in January and I just received a letter saying it would be renewed unless I changed the option.  I have quite a few PenFed cd's back in the day when they had good rates and I have always chosen to have them cashed out or sent to another bank and I never choose the renew option.  Somehow all of mine (10) seemed to have reverted back to renew.  So just a head's up.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Had the same issue as well, PENFED is doing some very shady things. Please write to the CFPB !

rated:
same here on my reg cd, ira did not change.  I did notice one thing which is they have more options that i had previously.  I can now close and transfer to an external account.  That option was not there before for me, which they may have changed the setting and wiped out prior instructions

rated:
Thanks OP
will have to check mine as well

rated:
while it's a shady thing from one-angle....it's also a not-so-shady-thing from the opposite angle.....where they are atleast giving you a heads-up in November for a CD Maturing in January.....in cases where customer is okay with the renewal then he/she don't need to do nothing.....in other cases you received ample notice time to do what ever you were planning alternatives....

rated:
Odd indeed. On mine, the Regulars remained as "do not renew" but ALL the ira's went to renew status.  I guarantee I didn't select that.

Switched them back.

If its not a programming error then they have some explaining to do.

rated:

rated:
susrivas said:   Had the same issue as well, PENFED is doing some very shady things. Please write to the CFPB !

better write to them while they are still around!

rated:
All ours are still on "close" option at maturity. No change out of about 30 of them (all long term 7-10 yr ones at 3-5%). None were IRAs.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016