• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Got an email last week from iConsumer. It asked for social security number in order to grant free shares. Has anyone done this? Just want to make sure it's safe.

I looked at my account and there's $22 in pending cash back and $329 in pending stock. I have no idea where most of it came from, I don't recall ever shopping at the sites listed.

Archived thread: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thr...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I did. The site isn't fly-by-night, they've been around for a while and growing steadily, they use standard security measures, their cash-back offering is in-line with what other sites are (i.e. they're not offering ridiculous promos to unsustainably goose growth), and they're registered with the SEC for this stock sharing scheme.

Mind you, I'm not counting on the shares being worth anything, but I don't think there's too much risk in providing my social.

rated:
Where do you see the value of your pending stock?

rated:
barsotti0 said:   Where do you see the value of your pending stock?
  Doesn't show the value just the amount of shares you have.

rated:
I just updated.
Received confirmation email afterwards.

rated:
Yes, I'd love to know what the valuation is. Have about 2000 shares.

rated:
According to the offering circular (https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1652350/000164460016000200/offeringcircular-9.htm) they're planning an IPO price of $0.045 per share.

Of course, the value you'd actually be able to sell at is anyone's guess. We may know sometime next year.

rated:
Bigcrumbs (now Mainstreetshares) does something similar. No idea if/when they'll ever IPO and whether it will be over a $0.01 a share... but supposedly I have ~200 shares! No bonus 100 "shares" though, but you get shares equal to your cash rebates. Supposedly 60% of any cash value when they go public will go to the members' shares. Of course if they were bought for stock, the cash received would be $0. Or if they just go bankrupt

rated:
Check your inbox(es) for an email titled "Your Shares have been issued and transferred"

More:

Hi Jack,

Your shares of iConsumer stock have been issued, and the record keeping for those shares has been transferred to IssuerDirect, our transfer agent.

For the moment, there isn't anything you should do.

The first week of February you should receive an email directly from IssuerDirect. It will look a lot like a bank statement.
It'll list your iConsumer shareholdings, your IssuerDirect Account Number, and your PIN. Examine that statement and if
something is off, please contact us for help. Normally, you'd contact them directly, but we'd like to know about any issues that you see.

Once iConsumer has a ticker symbol, and is actively traded on a market (we're shooting for the OTC QB), then there may be things you'll want to do.
We hope to get those steps (and the other behind the scenes stuff that makes trading easier) done in the first quarter of 2017.

For instance, maybe you want a brokerage firm to handle your iConsumer shares (stockbrokers like Schwab or ETrade ). That way you can
have your broker track your iConsumer shares. To do that, you'd instruct IssuerDirect to transfer your shares to your brokerage account.

Another reason ... maybe you want a broker to try to sell your iConsumer shares. You can sell them yourself now, but finding somebody
who wants to buy them will take work. Brokerage firms make their money, in part, by helping you sell your shareholdings.

A frequently asked question is "Can I get a piece of paper as evidence of my shareholdings?" That is, can you get a stock certificate?
And the short answer is no. Certificates are very pretty, but they get lost and are an expensive pain for the transfer agent.
So iConsumer is "book entry" only. IssuerDirect, by law, is the sole keeper of the records of ownership for iConsumer.

We're working on making sure we post an update at least once a month (around the middle of the month) on our ShareholderAcademy blog.

Thank you!

The iConsumer Team
https://www.iConsumer.com

P.S. Remember that for each iConsumer referral you make you can earn 100 extra shares.
Encourage your friends to join and shop. Visit your personalized tell a friend page today.

rated:
Did any one received the email related to iconsumer shares transfer as below:
Your shares of iConsumer stock have been issued, and the record keeping for those shares has been transferred to IssuerDirect, our transfer agent.

The first week of February you should receive an email directly from IssuerDirect. It will look a lot like a bank statement. It'll list your iConsumer shareholdings, your IssuerDirect Account Number, and your PIN. Examine that statement and if something is off, please contact us for help. Normally, you'd contact them directly, but we'd like to know about any issues that you see.

Once iConsumer has a ticker symbol, and is actively traded on a market (we're shooting for the OTC QB), then there may be things you'll want to do. We hope to get those steps (and the other behind the scenes stuff that makes trading easier) done in the first quarter of 2017.

For instance, maybe you want a brokerage firm to handle your iConsumer shares (stockbrokers like Schwab or ETrade ). That way you can have your broker track your iConsumer shares. To do that, you'd instruct IssuerDirect to transfer your shares to your brokerage account.

------------
however i did not any email from issuerdirect until now.. just wondering we all are in same bucket

rated:
That's my situation, too.

rated:
Did any one received the email related to iconsumer shares transfer as below:

The first week of February you should receive an email directly from IssuerDirect. It will look a lot like a bank statement. It'll list your iConsumer shareholdings, your IssuerDirect Account Number, and your PIN. Examine that statement and if something is off, please contact us for help. Normally, you'd contact them directly, but we'd like to know about any issues that you see.

Once iConsumer has a ticker symbol, and is actively traded on a market (we're shooting for the OTC QB), then there may be things you'll want to do. We hope to get those steps (and the other behind the scenes stuff that makes trading easier) done in the first quarter of 2017.

For instance, maybe you want a brokerage firm to handle your iConsumer shares (stockbrokers like Schwab or ETrade ). That way you can have your broker track your iConsumer shares. To do that, you'd instruct IssuerDirect to transfer your shares to your brokerage account.

------------
however i did not any email from issuerdirect until now.. just wondering we all are in same bucket

rated:
i got my issuerdirect email.. looking forward to seeing them being traded on open markets

rated:
Got an email for close to 2000 shares. They loaded opening balance as of 12/29. Is there current valuation? Seems like this should be a taxable transaction for 2016.

rated:
Got my email from IssuerDirect, too. I don't think this is a taxable event. On iConsumer website, there is a cost basis listed under "Transferred Shares". It looks like the cost basis is $0.045 per share. As explained at http://shareholderacademy.com/blog/learning_center/iconsumer-faq... , it's like we paid $0.045 to buy these shares, just not with cash, but with our time.

rated:
gnarlycow said:   Got my email from IssuerDirect, too. I don't think this is a taxable event. On iConsumer website, there is a cost basis listed under "Transferred Shares". It looks like the cost basis is $0.045 per share. As explained at http://shareholderacademy.com/blog/learning_center/iconsumer-faq... , it's like we paid $0.045 to buy these shares, just not with cash, but with our time.
I disagree.

First, iConsumer under "Transferred Shares" shows "cash basis", not "cost basis". Our cost basis is 0. Cash basis is the valuation iConsumer assigns to a non-traded stock and it does look it is $0.045 like you said.

Getting a material benefit in exchange for your time is earnings. Earnings outside of non-taxable account are taxable.  

rated:
Ok, found a better explanation that works for me. They treat this stock as in-lieu of cashback so it is a rebate which is non-taxable.

http://support.iconsumer.com/kb/a289/is-my-stock-taxable.aspx

rated:
FYI, the share statement from Issuer Direct arrived in my email yesterday but went to my spam folder. It did look kinda spammy, subject was "Share Statement for (doveroftke)" (yes, it had parentheses around my name), no message text, and a PDF attached. If you don't see yours, go look in spam.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017