• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Just wondering who offers cheapest auto leases for models the manufacturers aren't offering specials on.

Do credit unions without lease offers on their websites have good lease deals?  

Example : 2017 Audi A6 Quattro has a leasing special thru Audi but only on the 2.0 liter models.  The high end makes usually don't offer specials on all the models in a series,  In Audi's case it is the Premium Plus Quattro but only with 2.0 liter.  Plus added options add to lease cost since it assumes no option cost.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Most Leases are done at the dealer, they have up to a 100 different lease offers at their disposal.
That's because most banks and credit unions aren't equipped for the return. You have to return it, and it's not as simple as turning it into your local branch.
(Also due to the fact that residual changes based on total install equipment as well)

Even though Audi doesn't offer a lease special on the 2.0, your dealer will have a list of people who offer leases on the other models.

Of course BEFORE you go into a dealer go to sites like Edmunds or CarsDirect to see if your car has a special.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/monthly-199-lease-deals.html 

https://www.carsdirect.com/order/contactinfo-quickquote?makeName=volkswagen&modelName=jetta

rated:
Laugh all you want, but the best lease deals are the ones I see on printed newspapers.

rated:
Check out the forum at leasehackr.com.

rated:
Yeah, the best deal will be from the manufacturer. They can play games with the residual value making the cost of the lease cheaper and they end up taking another hit when you turn it in. A bank or credit union isn't going to take the hit on the residual so their residual will be low which means you pay more for the lease. A high residual from the manufacturer means you pay less, plus you can fold in rebates and other incentives into the monthly lease price which lowers your monthly payment even more. They're only going to offer good lease deals on cars that they're having a hard time selling.

Leasehackr.com is the way to go to find current lease deals.

rated:
anyone other than the manufacturer who is offering a lease is covering the risk of the residual by charging you more - not less - and is doing so to allow you to convert a capital expense to an operational expense for business writeoff purposes.

at no point will someone lose money on a transaction for your benefit - the dealer can do it to move a car they already built that nobody wanted (among other reasons)

rated:
I will shop credit union and dealer lease rates. Am looking at BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and other high end brands. Some cars have foreign delivery programs which bring in cars as used. BMW and Audi do this. As wanting to go to europe for a long time as well, I think this would be a great opportunity along with the discount. With cheap airfare and hotel costs, it pays for itself and has a substantial savings as well.

rated:
You can do foreign delivery on a lease? Wow that's news to me.

rated:
Not with all manufacturers, but some do.

rated:
Take over someone else's lease. I just saw something last week, so likely not available anymore, but there was a 2015 Maserati with 20 months remaining on a 36-month, 30,000 mile lease. The car had less than 9,000 current miles and the guy trying to get out of his lease (due to buyer's remorse or whatever the reason) was only asking for $4500 down and $490 a month, including sales tax. If you don't need a new car immediately and you're willing to shop around for a good deal on a 1-2 year old low mileage leased vehicle, there are bargains to be had.

rated:
Audi A6 can be picked up in Neckarsulm in Germany on a lease and shipped back to USA with no fees and a discount with other free perks in Germany. Only standard lease terms apparenttly so you need to compare european delivery vs special lease term pricing.

I am waiting for 2018 models as I hear the design and feature set is going to be much nicer. I am also waiting to see the new BMW 5 series due out and others as well.

rated:
I second (third?) Leasehackr.com.

Also had good experiences with swapalease, leasetrader. As DTASFAS mentioned above, you can find people who are looking to exit their lease post-haste ... and some are willing to take a loss to do it. I see LOTS of BMWs in the Northeast on those sites, so would be worth checking out.

rated:
Well OP I hope you got a good deal from Europe.
Here an Audi A6 2017 brand new leases for $440 / 36 / 10k

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2017-Audi-A6.aspx?salid=...

rated:
I cannot tell about credit unions. Certainly, you need to search well and compare the best and cheapest deals. For example, in Audi A6 2.0t Premium Quattro, you may consider best deal here for just $379/month with $50,750 MSRP.

rated:
What you're talking about is called an indirect lease. I leased our Jeep last year via an indirect lease that's financed by a credit union. The reason for doing so was because Chrysler had an indirect lease incentive of $2500. That, paired with other offers, knocked $10k off the sticker upfront before any negotiations. Now getting quotes for a MaxCare warranty and going to buy out the lease.

rated:
To answer your question, yes there are leases offered by companies other than the manufacturer, but more often than not they will be more expensive. Most manufacturing programs subsidize the interest rate or the residual value of the car to make the lease cheaper exclusive to only the manufacturer. Depending on the popularity of the car, that will determine if they are 'buying down' the lease to make it cheaper. For example a chevy sedan has a ton of incentives on it to get a low interest rate. That doesn't mean a credit union or a competing bank won't be competitive, but it makes it a lot harder. You might have better luck on finding multiple financing lease options on a SUV or popular car - like a land rover

Your best bet will be to look at credit unions or talk with the financing guy at the dealer what their lease programs are. Don't trust the leasing guy entirely, he can mark-up the lease payment. i.e. if you tell him that you're looking for a payment of 300 and he finds a lease payment for 290, he will most likely mark it up an pocket the 10 margin. Just tell him you want the cheapest.

One other tip, some bank offer a discounted moneyfactor if you payoff the entire lease in the beginning. if you have this option, thats another way to make the payments cheaper

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017