Conversations @ Kroger Western Union MO rules

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Conversation @ Kroger yields good info. WU processing system can handle up to 10 GCs per transaction.
MO purchases up to $2000 are just processed.
IF you and the store are willing to do the paperwork, about $9K per day can be done. Store policy refuse 10K.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

JW10 said:   Conversation @ Kroger yields good info. WU processing system can handle up to 10 GCs per transaction.
IF you and the store are willing to do the paperwork, about $9K per day can be done. Store policy refuse 10K.

Let me clarify

Does western union take gcs as payments?

If so what is the fee?

SOME Kroger's stores still sell Western Union Money Orders up to $1000.00 per money order for about 49 cents per money order. YMMV on the fee but should be close to that.

The kicker is not all stores are willing to do that paperwork and may limit you to about $2000.00 per day. My other Kroger is NOT willing to do the paperwork. That is a big YMMV.

This post was intended to report the possibility of a larger number of money order purchases. It also was intended to alert you not to allow the clerk to take more than TEN gift cards per transaction.  This post was intended to be a broader set of information and not be limited to Kroger stores.
==========================
Many Kroger's have implemented a directive NOT to accept any debit cards that do not have your name printed on them.  Kroger sent that at the end of November, but changed the effective date to some time in the near future.  Many stores have read the original memo, but not the extention.

fleetwoodmac said:   
JW10 said:   Conversation @ Kroger yields good info. WU processing system can handle up to 10 GCs per transaction.

Let me clarify

Does western union take gcs as payments?

If so what is the fee?

Sorry if that misled you.  No, I do NOT know what Western Union themselves do.  In my area, all Western Union activity is in local merchants that use Western Union as a way to provide various services.  The money orders are sold by the local business.  I have seen money orders sold anywhere from 49 cents up to $2.00 each depending on the store that you go to.
The proper question is do the businesses that use Western Union accept gcs as payment for money orders.  That varies by the individual business and in some business chains by location.

it's actually $3k a day. but kroger no longer accepts giftcards as payment for MO (or shouldn't).

CFP is $3.5k a day i believe

churningisdead said:   it's actually $3k a day. but kroger no longer accepts giftcards as payment for MO (or shouldn't).

CFP is $3.5k a day i believe

what is CFP?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017