Extension of my leased honda

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I extended my lease with Honda for 3 months they said yes no problem that they would be able to do it for a year but pretty much I just need 3 more months to decide what I'm going to do so then they advised me to call the Honda dealership to extend the insurance I got on the car so I called Honda in Buena Park California and the guy says he's never heard of anything like that in his life and he is the finance manager so does anybody know do you have to have the extension of the insurance policy when you lease a car?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

scrappinish said:   I extended my lease with Honda for 3 months they said yes no problem that they would be able to do it for a year but pretty much I just need 3 more months to decide what I'm going to do so then they advised me to call the Honda dealership to extend the insurance I got on the car so I called Honda in Buena Park California and the guy says he's never heard of anything like that in his life and he is the finance manager so does anybody know do you have to have the extension of the insurance policy when you lease a car?
  Insurance? Call your insurance agent. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

Insurance can be purchased on a month to month basis but it's usually more expensive to do so. It's better to pay for 6 months or a year (or whatever your I surance company provides a discount for) and then cancel/transfer your insurance when you get your next car. You'll be credited for the amount you don't use

In terms of extending your lease month by month? That's allowed by many leases -- read your lease and call the company from which you obtained it. One warning: if you plan to buy the car, extending the lease beforehand is almost always not a financially smart thing to do.

Just renew your AUTO insurance for 6 months.  Because you have to cover the car while it it leased in case it is damaged or destroyed.  After 3 months, you will probably lease another car.  Cancel your auto policy and receive a credit for the unused months.  I also bought a car from Buena Park honda.  Sales office and finance manager is great.  Servicing your car there is another issue.  Nightmare!  They don't care for you car and you must inspect it after every service.  I got grease finger prints in my back seats, scratched plastic, and one time they forgot to latch the hood on the car.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017