Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buying https://www.knotts.com/ticket-category/Daily-Tickets

Not sure if it's a "travel" code:

https://promos.acerewardsvisa.com/promo/24/
From hotel stays to getaways, earn 10% on travel purchases. Earn Rewards even faster when you use your Ace Rewards® Visa® Card for travel purchases. You'll earn 10% in Ace Rewards points* on your first $500 in qualifying travel spending. Travel category purchases include:

• Airline tickets
  • Hotel and resort stays
  • Car rentals

Promotion runs from October 1 through December 31, 2016.You are registered for this promotion

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I can't answer the question about the MCC for that particular park, but I do know that the Ace card you mentioned is a complete joke if the terms on that page are accurate. It takes 12,500 points to get a $25 Ace gift card, so Ace points are worth 0.2 cents per point. (??) Even if you got 10% at your amusement park with it you'd still be better off using any 1% card or better.

Also you save a bunch more money just staying the heck out of Ace stores in the first place.

Around here, grocery store chains sell amusement park tickets (when in season) which is good scheme for a 5+% grocery card. I noticed there were other online places that were selling discount tickets for Knott's, so be sure to run the numbers to see if it wouldn't be a better deal to just pay with a 2% card and get the tickets for cheaper.

irate_retro said:   I can't answer the question about the MCC for that particular park, but I do know that the Ace card you mentioned is a complete joke if the terms on that page are accurate. It takes 12,500 points to get a $25 Ace gift card, so Ace points are worth 0.2 cents per point. (??) Even if you got 10% at your amusement park with it you'd still be better off using any 1% card or better.

Also you save a bunch more money just staying the heck out of Ace stores in the first place.

Around here, grocery store chains sell amusement park tickets (when in season) which is good scheme for a 5+% grocery card. I noticed there were other online places that were selling discount tickets for Knott's, so be sure to run the numbers to see if it wouldn't be a better deal to just pay with a 2% card and get the tickets for cheaper.

It's actually 10% back @ ACE (the only thing I use it for) I buy propane refills and other "sale" stuff there to make it worth while.

http://www.acerewardsvisa.com/credit/welcome.do?#foot_2The 3% in Ace Rewards points (15 pts/$1) is earned for every net $1 spent at participating Ace stores. Return to Text=9px3 U.S. Bank cannot control how merchants choose to classify their business and reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify.  =9pxReturn to Text 

But you're right in that I'll take 5% cash back 

Went to Knotts in October and made the mistake of not buying online a few days beforehand. It's significantly cheaper. There is also a season pass to Knotts, San Diego Safari, Disneyland, and California Adventure. Might be worth it if you go a lot.

Sorry no other advice.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017