• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have been using gift cards at Kohls for ever and getting my ebates cashback. Recently, on a big order, Ebates would not give me the cashback. They referred me to their policy:

"Do gift certificates qualify for cash back rewards? Ebates cannot give cash back for the portion of a purchase that is made with gift cards or certificates."

Do others have run into this? If you not, just a heads up that you may bump your head against this rule which is very generic - i.e. not store specific. I can't ask for alternative reliable cashback site recommendations here since Fatwallet/Ebates are together - but just a heads up people.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   I have been using gift cards at Kohls†for ever and getting my ebates cashback. Recently, on a big order, Ebates would not give me the cashback. They referred me to their policy:

"Do gift certificates qualify for cash back rewards? Ebates cannot give cash back for the portion of a purchase that is made with gift cards or certificates."

Do others have run into this? If you not, just a heads up that you may bump your head against this rule which is very generic - i.e. not store specific. I can't ask for alternative reliable cashback site recommendations here since Fatwallet/Ebates are together - but just a heads up people.

††
Just to clarify - I have received cashback on all transactions that got reported automatically. And I also got it on the few transactions that I opened a ticket on. But this one particular transaction that didn't get reported automatically just seemed to get routed to a bad dude who wanted to make sure that I didn't get the large cashback.†

rated:
So, they don't want to pay out for BUYING gift cards or PAYING with gift cards? Wow.

rated:
You have to look at the restrictions, which sometimes are hard to find, but you can pretty quickly figure out where they show up on each of the cashback sites. Some retailers, on most of the rebate sites, say that. It isn't Ebates making the rule, it is the retailer. And when Ebates isn't getting the money because of the rule, they won't give you the money. I use the cash back sites anyway, and sometimes am successful getting cash back (automatically) where they say I may not when I use gift cards, or in the purchase of other peoples' gift cards (such as buying Zaxby's gift cards from Sam's Club), but I know they will point to that exclusion if I don't get the automatic credit because they don't get the automatic credit.

rated:
I have noticed I was not paid on the amount that used "Kohls cash"

rated:
I have noticed I was not paid on the amount that used "Kohls cash"

rated:
The gift card exclusion on purchases and payment is a pretty common one. The enforcement of it is pretty retailer-specific, though - not all retailers who state that exclusion enforce it regularly.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
PrincipalMember said:   I have been using gift cards at Kohls†for ever and getting my ebates cashback. Recently, on a big order, Ebates would not give me the cashback. They referred me to their policy:

††
Just to clarify - I have received cashback on all transactions that got reported automatically. And I also got it on the few transactions that I opened a ticket on. But this one particular transaction that didn't get reported automatically just seemed to get routed to a bad dude who wanted to make sure that I didn't get the large cashback.†

† Report the missing transaction again.

rated:
Only restriction I see for Kohls is Special Terms: Cash Back is not earned for the portion of your purchase paid for with Kohlís Cash which should be different than gift certificate.

rated:
Glitch99 said:   † Report the missing transaction again.

††
Have you had success with that?

rated:
seawolf21 said:   Only restriction I see for Kohls†is Special Terms: Cash Back is not earned for the portion of your purchase paid for with Kohlís Cash which should be different than gift certificate.
††
That is my point - it is not a Kohl's specific restrictions - it is a "global" ebates restriction which in theory applies to all merchants.

rated:
None of my 4 Dell transactions were reported automatically from ebates. I had to contact them separately each time. The first representative told me that I had to wait for 7 days for the transaction to show up. The second one told me that I had to wait for 14 days. I also have to wait for another few days to get the cash back. Luckily, I all used credit cards for my Dell transactions. One of my Toys R Us purchase had the same problem as you. I used gift card and I did not get the cash back I wanted.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
Glitch99 said:   † Report the missing transaction again.
††
Have you had success with that?

† Not with the exact problem, but similar. †Especially when you don't wait a couple weeks+ before reporting the claim. †Most of the time the transaction tracked with the merchant, Ebates just didn't get any real-time confirmation. †So when you file a claim, they match those details with a payment report from the merchant, and add the "orphaned" payment to your account - unless they haven't received the report from the merchant yet, in which case they look for other reasons it might not have tracked. †So wait a good 2-3 weeks, if not a month, to ensure the payment is there waiting to be claimed. †No guarantees of course, but it'll likely work out fine.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017