• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Citi (27.83kB)
Disclaimer
Open a new account in The Citibank Account Package and earn $300 with qualifying activities
Expires 1-12-2017
No Direct Deposit Required
Start your Citibank relationship today.Open a new account in The Citibank Account Package and earn $300 with qualifying activities.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
To qualify for a $300 cash bonus, open a new eligible consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package by 1/12/17.
Within 45 days after opening your new checking account you must make the following:

* Complete 1 qualifying Direct Deposit to your new checking account OR make 1 or more qualifying purchase transactions with your Citibank Debit Card totaling $250 or more

* Make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new to Citibank funds into the new checking account OR a new OR existing Citibank Savings Plus Account and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000          
 ***for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date you made your qualifying deposit***

* To qualify to earn a $300 cash bonus, you must enroll in this offer: open a new eligible consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package between 11/9/16 – 1/12/17. Within 45 days after account opening you must complete the following:

(1) Complete 1 qualifying Direct Deposit to your checking account or make 1 or more qualifying purchase transactions with your Citibank Debit Card totaling $250 or more,
(2) make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account, and
(3) maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date when you made your qualifying deposit.

If you are eligible and fulfill the required activities then the cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 90 calendar days from the date when you completed all offer requirements.

Monthly service fees may apply as described below. ($25 fee if your combined balances fall below $10,000)

http://banking.citibank.com/cbol/16/Q4/CheckingRefresh/default.htm?Promo_ID=CZRK&intc=1~1~52~6~BANR~2~Check_111716~XPX&BT_TX=1&ProspectID=F244207E6F424D4B8794C92E554BD82D 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Hard pull? Does pay*pal qualify? Which geographical locations are eligible?
More fine print:
The cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 90 calendar days from the date when you completed all offer requirements. New-to-Citibank funds are funds not currently held at Citibank or its affiliates. Qualifying Direct Deposits are Automated Clearing House (ACH) credits, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer or an outside agency. Qualifying purchase transactions are those made using the Citibank Debit Card to buy goods and services. ATM withdrawals, cash back and bill payments do not qualify. Net qualifying purchases are determined in Citibank’s sole discretion and must post to the new account within 60 days of account opening.
Existing checking customers are not eligible. To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 days. However, signers on fiduciary, estate, business and certain trust accounts may be eligible. Customer can have an existing Citibank Savings Plus Account. Regular account charges apply. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice, is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other checking offer. A monthly service fee of $25 applies to the checking account in The Citibank Account Package and a $2.50 non-Citibank ATM withdrawal fee if combined average monthly balance requirements are not maintained.
Bonus payments received by U.S. persons will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT for the year received.

rated:
they suck. Wife and I have a citi ca for 17 years that we don't use too much, (opene acct before I was bank/credit card savvy)but keep a very small dd from work to keep free and do a few bill pays. Can never ever qualify for any bonuses with them since I have this ca. Called about the 300.00 bonus for opening a savings plus, but the offer here and in previous offers requires a new ca to be opened along with the savings plus... They are small thinkers as they never reward long time customers. I am always excluded. Of course with what I know now, would have opened a single acct, not joint.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   they suck. Wife and I have a citi ca for 17 years that we don't use too much, (opene acct before I was bank/credit card savvy)but keep a very small dd from work to keep free and do a few bill pays. Can never ever qualify for any bonuses with them since I have this ca. Called about the 300.00 bonus for opening a savings plus, but the offer here and in previous offers requires a new ca to be opened along with the savings plus... They are small thinkers as they never reward long time customers. I am always excluded. Of course with what I know now, would have opened a single acct, not joint.

Why keep it open? Close and wait until you are eligible and get the next bonus. I did a $400 one last year and now will be closing shortly after downgrading account and will wait a month so not to get hit with monthly fee.

rated:
if you already have a citi account that got a previous bonus are you still eligible

rated:
Would love to do this but have a question about the $250 or more debit card transaction needed to meet the requirements - Any ideas on how I could do this? I don't anticipate any purchases that big coming up in near future. Suggestions?

rated:
suezqz said:   Would love to do this but have a question about the $250 or more debit card transaction needed to meet the requirements - Any ideas on how I could do this? I don't anticipate any purchases that big coming up in near future. Suggestions?
  Auto service: brakes, shocks, tires, battery, radiator flush, etc.

rated:
suezqz said:   Would love to do this but have a question about the $250 or more debit card transaction needed to meet the requirements - Any ideas on how I could do this? I don't anticipate any purchases that big coming up in near future. Suggestions?
If you have a Capital One credit card, pay your bill with it.  If you don't have a balance on your Capital One card, buy a gift card with the Cap One card before using the Citi debit card to pay it off, and you'll just about break even on the fees as long as you get at least 1% cash back. Citi takes debit cards too, but I'm guessing they won't allow you to use one of their own debit cards to pay your Citi credit card bill. 

You can also buy a money order for less than a buck.

rated:
Be aware that it can be very difficult to get Citibank to pay a promised bonus. I had to file twice with the CFPB in order to get the $400 bonus from last fall's campaign.

Dealing with Citibank Customer Service is essentially a waste of time. They encourage you to use chat, where you can easily lose 45-60 minutes trying to explain things. Phone is not much better. Even when I clearly and specifically asked "Why am I not getting the $400 bonus?", the eventual response was a form letter parroting the terms of the promotion.

Ironically, Citi sings a different tune when faced with a CFPB complaint:

<Quote>

"Mr. FW, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you described. Our goal is to ensure that all of our clients are provided with the highest level of service and we regret that you had cause for dissatisfaction under any circumstance. Please be assured that we are in the process of crediting your account for the cash promotion of $400.00 as indicated in our last letter of response dated October 10, 2016. Please allow 48 hours for the credit to be applied to your account.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concerns and while apologies don't always make amends, I hope that you will accept our sincere apology. Please contact me directly at ###-###-####, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm CT, should you have any questions.

Relief

Promotion was honored.

$ 400.00

</Quote>

It's frustrating that as a taxpayer we needed TARP to bail Citi and others out of their mess, and now we need the CFPB to get them to do their job.

rated:
KingPeter said:   Be aware that it can be very difficult to get Citibank to pay a promised bonus. I had to file twice with the CFPB in order to get the $400 bonus from last fall's campaign.

Dealing with Citibank Customer Service is essentially a waste of time. They encourage you to use chat, where you can easily lose 45-60 minutes trying to explain things. Phone is not much better. Even when I clearly and specifically asked "Why am I not getting the $400 bonus?", the eventual response was a form letter parroting the terms of the promotion.

<Quote>

"Mr. FW, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you described. Our goal is to ensure that all of our clients are provided with the highest level of service and we regret that you had cause for dissatisfaction under any circumstance. Please be assured that we are in the process of crediting your account for the cash promotion of $400.00 as indicated in our last letter of response dated October 10, 2016. Please allow 48 hours for the credit to be applied to your account.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concerns and while apologies don't always make amends, I hope that you will accept our sincere apology. Please contact me directly at ###-###-####, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm CT, should you have any questions.

Relief

Promotion was honored.

$ 400.00

</Quote>

It's frustrating that as a taxpayer we needed TARP to bail Citi and others out of their mess, and now we need the CFPB to get them to do their job.

I'm in the same mess. I have actually opened the account at a Branch in October for the $400 Promo. Can you please share what you wrote to the CFPB.....

rated:
It looks like any ACH qualifies, not an official direct deposit. Am I reading this wrong?

Qualifying Direct Deposits are Automated Clearing House (ACH) credits, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer, or an outside agency.

rated:
dealgain said:   
KingPeter said:   Be aware that it can be very difficult to get Citibank to pay a promised bonus. I had to file twice with the CFPB in order to get the $400 bonus from last fall's campaign.

<Quote>

Relief

Promotion was honored.

$ 400.00

</Quote>

I'm in the same mess. I have actually opened the account at a Branch in October for the $400 Promo. Can you please share what you wrote to the CFPB.....

Yes, please share.  I'm just beginning my fight for the $400 bonus as well.

rated:
Remember if your deposit is $15000 you have not allowed for your $250 purchase, and that is assuming the purchase works out to an exact $250. If you are going to do the debit card purchase deposit enough to allow for the purchase and still leave $15,000 remaining for the required days. 
Otherwise your account balance after completing the transaction would fall below the required $15000 and you will have lost the bonus.

There are several timelines, or reference to number of days mentioned in the fine print, so read ever everything. For example maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date when you made your qualifying deposit. That is in reference to the direct deposit, but many may select the $250 debit card purchase route. To achieve that I would do grocery shopping, no gift cards in case that voids the transaction. I did not have $250 in groceries so I had the pharmacy bring my prescriptions over to the register; they added those to my tab and with the liquor which I have two rebates for $25, I had my $250. 

Ways to spend $250?
There are many rebate offers out there, or purchase the Amazon Tivo $314.99 with lifetime included, food for thought, dental services, not premiums as that is considered a bill and bills are not included. 

Bonus will be paid within 90 days of completing all activities, so the Citibank fine print: 

The new checking account in The Citibank Account Package and/or new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account must be open and in good standing at the time the cash bonus is credited to the checking account.

Maintain $10,000 to avoid $25 monthly fee. If you maintain $10,000 and complete your $250 transaction or direct deposit it is not in compliance with requirement number three, but avoids the $25 fee. *see #3 in Citibank requirements don't focus on the fees. If you fall below 10,000 -they hope you will because once you add up all the timelines $25 a month from start to finish they could make up the $300 in fees**

Already did an offer, had a Citibank account when am I eligible for another bonus, Citibank fine print:

To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 days.

If I do this offer can I sign-up my spouse, child or mother-in-law living in our basement, Citibank fine print:

Limit of one of each offer per customer and one offer per account. (I signed up and my husband is opening an account)

Citibank offers a kit to make switching banks easier. This kit could be “edited” for use with other bank transfers. 

http://online.citi.com/JRS/forms/SwitchKitForms.pdf?JFP_TOKEN=03SCWZO3 

The $15,000 has to remain.........after completing the deposit or the qualifying $250 purchase......that part.     Do people understand that? Deposit the $15,000 but clock for your bonus starts only when you complete the final part. So complete everything fast so that the 30 days for $15,000 sitting in your account starts ticking giving Citibank up to 90 days to deposit the bonus. Once the 30 days have passed you can start asking for your bonus and on to the next deal.

rated:
Spooie said:   
dealgain said:   

<Quote>

Relief

Promotion was honored.

$ 400.00

</Quote>

Yes, please share.  I'm just beginning my fight for the $400 bonus as well.

You don't really need to do anything crazy when filing with the CFPB (I filed with the OCC, but I believe it all goes to the same department within Citi).

What I included with mine is:
1) Date and location of account opening
2) Mention of a confirmation letter from Citi that I was eligible for the bonus prior to completing the requirements (obtained via SM) and a similar letter telling me they were going to pay out the miles after they figured out how to credit miles to my AAdvantage account (this I think was necessary because they claimed the offer was targeted), but I didn't ever actually provide the letter to the OCC or Citi - however, if you don't have the letter, I wouldn't say you do.
3) Date the requirements were met
4) Date bonus should have been paid
5) Mention that I contacted Citi through various methods (specified in the letter) to no avail
6) Statement that bonus has not been paid as of the date of the complaint

That may be more than necessary, but I didn't want any back and forth after I sent the letter. However, the system is meant to provide assistance to lay consumers, so it isn't like you need to make legal statements. Just an outline of facts is probably sufficient.

rated:
Citi really sucks. I posted here previously about Citi representatives repeatedly lying to me regarding my chargeback rights. They insisted that I had to pay the return shipping when I was sent a used instead of new item, and that I was subject to the seller's restocking fee because it was the seller's policy.  I was repeatedly told that Citi didn't have abide by Visa International's rules, they made up their own.  Astoundingly they put this in writing and refused my chargeback because the item hadn't been returned when I was under no obligation to return it at my expense.

It took a long, detailed letter sent to Citi disputes, Costco, Visa International, and Citi Executive Offices before they honored the chargeback.  Weeks later Citi Executive Offices responded to my complaint about the systemic lies being propagated by them with a letter denying everything despite the fact that they had put those lies in writing.

You NEVER are responsible for return shipping, a restocking fee, or even transporting an item to the post office when you are sent the wrong or defective item. All you have to do is make the item available for pickup.

Citi also repeatedly lied to me about refunding a credit balance. I was told multiple times that they would transfer it directly to my bank They never did. It took weeks and multiple requests to get them to send a check.

They need to offer a big bonus to get people to do business with them.

rated:
I've been considering a Citibank credit card with the 1% cash back when you charge, and another 1% cash back when you pay.  I had read that there was a $100 bonus available for new customers, apparently available only if they send you an offer via junk-mail.  Does anyone know how to get the $100 bonus deal, or how to get them to send you the junk-mail offer? 

rated:
if you already have a citi account that got a previous bonus are you still eligibuote

not true...here "A new consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package is required." from the small print. This is if you opt to open the savings acct. Would not mess with them it you have a CA now, bases on all their problems paying bon uses.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017