TastyWorks option trading commissions $1 to open, Zero to close !

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://tastyworks.com/pricing.html

​This is by the guys who started Think or Swim trading platform! They sold it to TDAmeritrade, but now have a new trading platform particularly keen for option traders! 
​$1/contract to open and ZERO ($0.00) to close !!  That is pretty good for option trading!  Allows for small trades an scaling in or out!! 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ha. Most of their customers long positions will be expiring worthless anyway

I can't seem to locate what the monthly fee is for when you don't generate $x in commissions. Also the signup page says it's by invitation only at this time, and when I put in my email they just put me on a waiting list.

Interactive Brokers is close to that pricing, especially if you add liquidity. 

TravelerMSY said:   Ha. Most of their customers long positions will be expiring worthless anyway
  They actually promote shorting options for premiums.  Instead of waiting for expiration you can close it at $0.05 or less for no commissions.  

Interesting business model with the zero closing fees. However, I do wonder whether they will still charge exchange fees. $1.00 per option is slightly more expensive than IB.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017