• filter:

Cheapeat new car loans not from manufacturer

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Looking for a low rate car loan I can use in conjunction with a manufacturer incentive if any.  Lightstream through Suntrust claims as low as 1.99% and I have seen credit unions with as low as .75% with certain requirements or .99% without.  

I am looking for an easy process without income checks or Paystubs.  I have a top credit score with assets as a self employed business owner..  1.99% is actually too much as I can get higher in interest elsewhere on my investments so it would have to really be .75% or less otherwise it would be better to pay in cash.  

The one with .75% was a credit union with a membership requirement of joining an organization and auto pay and other requirements which I may not fully meet so it could be roughly .99% or maybe like .90% as they give partial fee waivers if you meet some requirements.

Just wondering if any other credir unions or banks have the lowest rate financing with open membership or membership requiring joining an organization that is easy to do.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
https://www.unifyfcu.com/rates

Lowest I can qualify for is .89% from Unify as I can't meet dirext deposit requirement.

rated:
Contacted Lightstream about rate beat and .10% reduction. They said I needed to be approved first from other lender. first. Not sure how much if any they can do lower than the other rate. Seems like Lightstream with Ratebeat may be the cheapest way to get an auto loan at potentially as low as .64% APY.

rated:
Just curious, but why do you not want to go through financing from the mfg?
When I bought my last car, I had a rate of 1.99% for 60 months from PenFed in hand ready to use at the dealership.  At finance time, the lender asked if i was going to finance through them, and I said only if they do do better than what I had.
Ended up getting a rate of 1.39% for 73 months through the dealer.

I went with dealer financing because money at 1.39% is nice and low.  I'll also pay about $230 less in interest.  Go in with the lowest rate you can qualify for, then use it for the dealer to see if they can beat it with a lower rate, or with other incentives (oil changes, etc).

rated:
Usually you have the option of either a rebate or the low rate. So you take the rebate and find your own low rate. You could also try and get the dealer to match. They might come close to make the hassle not worth it.

rated:
Manufacturer financing means it is in lieu of rebate or other incentives.

If a dealer would give me the incentive and .64% I would do it. But why would they? In negotiations they want to make profit. Low cost financing and incentive is a loss for them.

1.39% at 73 months vs 1.99% at 60 is something dealers would do. But would they do .64% for up to 3 years?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017