FREE $250 w/ new Wells Fargo Checking account

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get $250 when you open a new Wells Fargo checking account and make either ten debit card purchases or $500 in direct deposits. Super easy!

http://www.wellsfargo.com/250offer Get $250 when you open a new Wells Fargo checking account and make either ten debit card purchases or $500 in direct deposits. Super easy!

https://www.wellsfargo.com/250offer 
1. Important things to know about the $250 offer:

Eligibility:

All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen CheckingSM) are eligible for the bonus of $250. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card is not eligible.
You cannot be:
A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
A Wells Fargo team member
A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
Bonus Qualifications:

Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online at wellsfargo.com/250offer.
Offer cannot be:
Paid without a valid U.S. taxpayer ID 

Member Summary

Wells Fargo
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Have all the transactions posted?  If not you need to wait.

daw4888 (Apr. 20, 2017 @ 8:40a) |

The 10 transactions also need to post in the same cycle, i believe.

toadcat (Apr. 20, 2017 @ 8:44a) |

All 10 posted. I was quick don't know about the cycle. How do you Tell?

shadow1woman (Apr. 20, 2017 @ 8:46a) |

Avoiding Monthly Fee

The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly fee. Get the fee waived with one of the following:

10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle from this checking account, OR
Direct deposits totaling $500 or more each statement cycle, OR
Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance, OR
Link checking account to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/offer-retail/ but it appears to be TARGETED
Apply at your own risk.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wow a WF promo!

CC funding??

needhelpplease said:   wow a WF promo!

CC funding??

$50.

This is a targeted offer, btw.  Doesn't mean people won't get their $250, but it does mean there's a chance.  The actual mailer comes with a personalized code (that you don't need to use unless you apply in branch), and says "this is an exclusive, nontransferable offer."  

And if they open 20 more accounts in your name without your knowledge, do those get $250 bonus each?

simmias said:   

CC funding??

$50.

This is a targeted offer, btw.  Doesn't mean people won't get their $250, but it does mean there's a chance.  The actual mailer comes with a personalized code (that you don't need to use unless you apply in branch), and says "this is an exclusive, nontransferable offer."  

How do you know this is a targeted offer? The URL which OP has provided is generic.

Hah!

Got this in the mail not long ago. Sitting in a hotel room tonight and saw this post. Decided to open the account.

Of course I'll cancel it not long after the bonus is credited....

There is a $10 monthly service fee with this, so make sure you close the acct. after you get bonus if you aren't going to use it regularly.

"The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period: maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance; $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits; 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account (this includes posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments of bills from this checking account, but does not include transactions at the ATM); or linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card. You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age."

so what is the verdict or how can we confirm if this offer is targeted if anyone can take advantage?

Haha I was wondering the same thing myself! 

$250 will show up as interest on the tax doc -you'll pay tax on interest income. So it may not be worth all $250 - citi bank often offers thankyou points for opening accounts
which is not taxable

Based on previous history Bet you can't get just one

I can't imagine how it wouldn't be worth it to get $250, because of the tax burden.  

'I'm not going to play the lottery, because I'd have to pay more taxes on the winnings.'

Been wanting to open a WF account - bonus seems decent so I pulled the trigger.

Worked for me.

Looks like the personalized code is only needed if you're getting the bonus for opening an account other than Everyday checking. Everyone using the webpage can apparently get the $250 for Everyday Checking accounts.

Wil it work for existing customers?
One of the conditions: you can not be "A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account"

ramkiv said:   Wil it work for existing customers?
One of the conditions: you can not be "A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account"

No.

jolapo said:   
simmias said:   

CC funding??

$50.

How do you know this is a targeted offer? The URL which OP has provided is generic.

Because it's right there on the mailer.  Look in the top right.

https://s24.postimg.org/q6kgkq0p1/WF_250_scan.jpg  

Thanks. Wife and I both signed up for an account, got some cryptic pending status and a message about having to wait a couple of days. Definitely didn't fail ID questions. Anyone get "instant approval" or is this the norm?

ETA:
Your application has been conditionally approved subject to verification of the information youve provided. Your new account will be eligible to receive a bonus offer. 

ETA2: wife didn't get the above message.

You've GOT to be kidding me! I just opened a WF account yesterday! What is the opposite of a day late, dollar short?! :/

Does anyone know if they pull credit for opening this checking account?

simmias said:   
jolapo said:   
simmias said:   

CC funding??

$50.

Because it's right there on the mailer.  Look in the top right.

https://s24.postimg.org/q6kgkq0p1/WF_250_scan.jpg  

On the offer page, it says "To open a different account eligible for this offer, please bring your personalized offer code to your nearest Wells Fargo branch. " I believe that's where you use that personalized offer code and how it is targetted. But if you just open Everyday Checking account, it is fine.

jaytrader said:   Thanks. Wife and I both signed up for an account, got some cryptic pending status and a message about having to wait a couple of days. Definitely didn't fail ID questions. Anyone get "instant approval" or is this the norm?

ETA:
Your application has been conditionally approved subject to verification of the information youve provided. Your new account will be eligible to receive a bonus offer. 

I did.

VegasVegan said:   There is a $10 monthly service fee with this, so make sure you close the acct. after you get bonus if you aren't going to use it regularly.

"The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period: maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance; $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits; 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account (this includes posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments of bills from this checking account, but does not include transactions at the ATM); or linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card. You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age."

Can be done in one go at the grocery store. If you are hesitant to make 10 separate purchases at the register, hit the self checkout.

Does any one know
1) If there is a credit check involved (asked in an earlier post by someone too)

2) Is the account closing an easy process (over the phone) or does it involve going to the branch. I had done a capitalone360 not too long ago and that was great. You could simply call to cancel once account balance was zero - painless!

ocean935 said:   
VegasVegan said:   There is a $10 monthly service fee with this, so make sure you close the acct. after you get bonus if you aren't going to use it regularly.

Can be done in one go at the grocery store. If you are hesitant to make 10 separate purchases at the register, hit the self checkout.

To me, even easier (if you have a job), just peel off $500 of your paycheck and DD it to the new account.  Right?

Chris.

Anyone fund with FIA?

Right. May be easier for some to do it that way.
Like you said, if you have a job. And/or if you can peel off $500 for this account.
Or if you can maintain a $1500 balance.

Am getting this error, any one else?
=======
We are unable to process your request at this time. Please call 1-800-932-6736 for assistance.
=========

Same.

Ha ha ha .. seems like we killed the web server

is the web server working and the deal still good? Any answer on CC funding? Thanks

I was just able to submit my application so it appears to be working (for me in NY).
For CC funding - you can use a Visa/MC for between $25-$50 to open the account.
For Credit checking - before applying was this paragraph indicating they may run a credit check:

By submitting this application, I certify that all the information I provided as part of my application is true and correct, and I authorize Wells Fargo to make any inquiries that it considers appropriate to determine if it should open and maintain my Account. This may include ordering my credit (or other) report (e.g. information from any motor vehicle department or other state agency).

Sweet deal, thanks miester!!

I can't find any mention of how long the account has to stay open. Anyone know where to find this or the fee for closing in x number of days?

nostalgicgeek said:   
jaytrader said:   Thanks. Wife and I both signed up for an account, got some cryptic pending status and a message about having to wait a couple of days. Definitely didn't fail ID questions. Anyone get "instant approval" or is this the norm?

ETA:

I did.

Also conditionally approved but i might have failed one personal id question.

damage control?

canavja said:   I was just able to submit my application so it appears to be working (for me in NY).
For CC funding - you can use a Visa/MC for between $25-$50 to open the account.
For Credit checking - before applying was this paragraph indicating they may run a credit check:

By submitting this application, I certify that all the information I provided as part of my application is true and correct, and I authorize Wells Fargo to make any inquiries that it considers appropriate to determine if it should open and maintain my Account. This may include ordering my credit (or other) report (e.g. information from any motor vehicle department or other state agency).

Since you submitted the app, did the inq show up on your credit report? 

Skipping 579 Messages...
All 10 posted. I was quick don't know about the cycle. How do you Tell?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017