• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
This is probably nothing, but I have been trying to close my BA+ card for 3 weeks and each time I call I wait on hold forever, and then the CSR can't forward me to the right department or that department is "closed", as she told me today.  HOW is a department to close a bank credit card closed??  I tried in late December to avoid the annual fee but they couldn't close the account in time.  Now the CSR at BA is claiming I have to wait until that department is open to get the fee removed so I can close the card.  Has anyone else had this problem closing a card?  My Spidey sense is tingling.... 

Thanks for all your help in this forum!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Send them a message online and they'll do it right away. Not sure about the fee - usually you only have 30 days for them to refund it.

rated:
Good idea! I'll try it online, see how it goes.  Thanx much!

rated:
Did you ask the hours of the dept that they need to transfer your to? They generally only are open during normal business hours

rated:
Sounds like you're getting punked. Any CSR should be able to close the card. Maybe they're trying to send you to retention? If you don't want retention offers, just tell them you don't want to speak to anyone in that department and just want to close the account.

rated:
just write them a letter they'll have it in 4 days or so, done.

rated:
*UPDATED*: Success! I logged in my account and sent an e-mail via the message center. When I logged back in a few hours later there was a reply stating the account was closed and the annual fee would be waived. Not sure why they couldn't do this on the phone and that department was suddenly "not closed". Still wonder why I got the run-around but I suppose if account is actually closed it's fine. Thanks everyone!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017