What does Chase consider "new" money?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
=16pxI want to take 25k out of my chase standard checking account and put it into an ally savings account. Then move 15k from ally back to chase to create a new premier plus checking account with chase for the 350 dollar bonus. Then close out my old checking account. Will this work and will my money be considered "new"?

Member Summary
Bonus/Account Information: Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
Source:
https://www.chase.com/checking/chase-coupon

 
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

New money is crisp and doesn't have any wrinkles in the paper. Everything else is old money.

danielcsank said:   =16pxI want to take 25k out of my chase standard checking account and put it into an ally savings account. Then move 15k from ally back to chase to create a new premier plus checking account with chase for the 350 dollar bonus. Then close out my old checking account. Will this work and will my money be considered "new"?
  Money maybe considered new; to be sure, you could move the money from Ally to a third account and then back to Chase. However, be sure to check if you qualify for the bonus as a current chase checking account holder (usually, you need to have had no checking accounts in past 90 days).

qcumber98 said:   New money is crisp and doesn't have any wrinkles in the paper. Everything else is old money.
Old money is money inherited thru many generatation as opposed to hitting it big in a startup

Agree with fwuser12. It is considered new money. Just make sure that you are eligible.

rufflesinc said:   
qcumber98 said:   New money is crisp and doesn't have any wrinkles in the paper. Everything else is old money.
Old money is money inherited thru many generatation as opposed to hitting it big in a startup

  This is why people go around redding your posts.

jaytrader said:   
rufflesinc said:   
qcumber98 said:   New money is crisp and doesn't have any wrinkles in the paper. Everything else is old money.
Old money is money inherited thru many generatation as opposed to hitting it big in a startup

  This is why people go around redding your posts.

  because I made a cultural reference to how many families have handed down wealth for generations, and a lot of people make money thru Tech IPOs?

rufflesinc said:   
jaytrader said:   
rufflesinc said:   
qcumber98 said:   New money is crisp and doesn't have any wrinkles in the paper. Everything else is old money.
Old money is money inherited thru many generatation as opposed to hitting it big in a startup

  This is why people go around redding your posts.

  because I made a cultural reference to how many families have handed down wealth for generations, and a lot of people make money thru Tech IPOs?

No.

Chase Bank offer fine print said: Bonus/Account Information: Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
Check the fine print as it applies to existing Chase bank customers.
Source:
https://www.chase.com/checking/chase-coupon 



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017