• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Chase Southwest Business Premier is currently offering 60,000 points after $3,000 in purchases within the first three months.

Great to meet the required total of 110,000 points for the Southwest companion pass with Southwest Airlines Chase Visa Plus - 50,000 Points $69 annual, $2000 spend/ 3 months

Chase 5/24 rule apply to this card
Annual fee of $99 is not waived
 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Try calling them

RagingBull (Feb. 24, 2017 @ 11:03p) |

marcopolomle (Mar. 02, 2017 @ 2:00p) |

marcopolomle (Mar. 04, 2017 @ 9:36p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"We need to review your application a little longer."

This is what I usually get prior to a 5/24 rejection

rated:
Can I do this and get the bonus 60,000 points even though I already have a SW credit card?  

rated:
isabee said:   Can I do this and get the bonus 60,000 points even though I already have a SW credit card?  
Yes, as long as you have not had this card in last 24 months and you have not successfully applied for 5 or more credit cards (any issuer) in last 24 months.

rated:
It's a business card. Why would the 5/24 rule apply? Hmm

rated:
cr3s said:   It's a business card. Why would the 5/24 rule apply? Hmm
Chase 5/24 Rule Explained

rated:
How do you know if you are getting afoul of 5/24 rule?

rated:
needdealsnow said:   How do you know if you are getting afoul of 5/24 rule?
By counting the # of cards you have successfully applied for in last 24 months including AU ?
OR you can check your credit report.

rated:
cr3s said:   It's a business card. Why would the 5/24 rule apply? Hmm
  If you are a single proprietor and use you SSN as the tax ID

rated:
Don't worry. Chase will let you know

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
isabee said:   Can I do this and get the bonus 60,000 points even though I already have a SW credit card?  
Yes, as long as you have not had this card in last 24 months and you have not successfully applied for 5 or more credit cards (any issuer) in last 24 months.

  Does the 24 month limit start when you got the last bonus, or when you cancelled the previous card. I got the last bonus 3+ years ago, and cancelled the card ~22ish months ago.  

rated:
Can card be cancelled after points are earned to avoid annual fee? Will points be forfeited?

rated:
With Chase the two year clock for re-applying is from when you last received the bonus.

rated:
Damn! This is a good deal, and will be our 3rd time (my 2nd time) churning this SW companion status deal. Unfortunately I signed up for the Premier Business card in late December and received it in early Jan when it was only 50k points. Between it and the personal card, I'll have 50k bonus points each, and 2k spend points each for a total of 104k points. As we can't transfer in anymore points from other rewards programs to count towards companion status, I'll have to spend $6k more. #firstworldproblems.

rated:
If folks want to get the companion pass (110,000 miles), you can get a referral for the personal card with 50,000 miles by asking for it on the referral thread (and help some other FW members get a few bonus points). Of course, getting that card is subject to all of the limits people in this thread have already covered.

rated:
Evilmagus said:   Can card be cancelled after points are earned to avoid annual fee? Will points be forfeited?
  Yes it can.  No they won't.  Chase (as of last summer) gives you 60 days from the date the annual is charged to cancel the card and get the fee refunded.  The fee may not actually be charged the day your card is activated - was for me til a few weeks after I got the card.  (Disclaimer: I have never done this with the business card, but not sure why it would be different.)

rated:
Damn, we've just finished our companion pass status deal with 2x 50k cards... could have used an extra 10k miles.... great deal in any case.

rated:
Can you get around 5/24 by using an EIN instead of your SSN?

rated:
FastEddieG said:   Damn! This is a good deal, and will be our 3rd time (my 2nd time) churning this SW companion status deal. Unfortunately I signed up for the Premier Business card in late December and received it in early Jan when it was only 50k points. Between it and the personal card, I'll have 50k bonus points each, and 2k spend points each for a total of 104k points. As we can't transfer in anymore points from other rewards programs to count towards companion status, I'll have to spend $6k more. #firstworldproblems.
  2 things -

1) Send a secure message to Chase, and they'll likely match this offer if you already have the Business Premier. They're good baout doing that if you had applied within the last 90 days.
2) You can still transfer points from hotels to get the last 6k until 3/31.

rated:
I'm not concerned with the 5/24 issue but do I need to do anything special to qualify for this 'business' card since I don't technically have a business?

rated:
ChinaRider said:   I'm not concerned with the 5/24 issue but do I need to do anything special to qualify for this 'business' card since I don't technically have a business?
You don't have to have a business just an "intention" to start a business or if you ever sold anything on eBay then you have a business !
Just use your SSN

rated:
I just applied for the 50k business bonus a week ago.  I tried secure messaging and upgrading my bonus, but they stated the 60k offer is only available to a targeted audience.  Any thoughts on what I can do?

rated:
holla said:   I just applied for the 50k business bonus a week ago.  I tried secure messaging and upgrading my bonus, but they stated the 60k offer is only available to a targeted audience.  Any thoughts on what I can do?
  
Send them a copy of the URL, and tell them it has no unique identify/offer code attached.  That it looks like a public offer.

rated:
holla said:   I just applied for the 50k business bonus a week ago.  I tried secure messaging and upgrading my bonus, but they stated the 60k offer is only available to a targeted audience.  Any thoughts on what I can do?
  Go to southwest.com, You don't need to be logged in to your account, then scroll down and you'll see the ad to earn 50,000 points.  Click on "learn more" and you'll be taken to the application for the personal card.  Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the more card option.  That's where you find the business card for 60K bonus point.  You should see the same ad if you log in to your account.  Then, the rep can't say you weren't targeted.

rated:
Got this:

"Thanks for Applying. Please call us as soon as possible at 1-800-243-6010 Mon-Fri 8am to 10pm EST to discuss your application with a Customer Support Specialist. We look forward to speaking with you."

rated:
durtydub said:   Got this:

"Thanks for Applying. Please call us as soon as possible at 1-800-243-6010 Mon-Fri 8am to 10pm EST to discuss your application with a Customer Support Specialist. We look forward to speaking with you."

  What did they say when you called?

rated:
That they had to manually review it due to the patriot act or something like that. A few minutes later I was approved for $5k.

rated:
Data point...

Just submitted my application with the 50,000 miles offer about a week ago. Sent then a secure message about getting the 60,000 mile offer. They told me to message them once I'd spent $3000 in less than 3 months and they'd adjust it at that time.

rated:
For those who did not get immediate approval, how long before Chase will let you know whether or not you qualify. I know with other offers in the past, Chase never gave me a status update but the new card just shows up a couple of weeks later in the mail.

rated:
shallot said:   For those who did not get immediate approval, how long before Chase will let you know whether or not you qualify. I know with other offers in the past, Chase never gave me a status update but the new card just shows up a couple of weeks later in the mail.
You can check by logging in your Chase account.
It will show in your account once approved.
If not approved then you can call them - Tips For Reconsideration Phone Calls
No need to wait for the mail.

rated:
shallot said:   For those who did not get immediate approval, how long before Chase will let you know whether or not you qualify. I know with other offers in the past, Chase never gave me a status update but the new card just shows up a couple of weeks later in the mail.
  Update:  Got letter to call them to verify I applied for card.  After I called and was verified, I was approved immediately.  I then logged into my Chase account and see the new card there.

rated:
Can 60,000 points be cashed out (converted to cash) easily?

rated:
Double post

rated:
shallot said:   
holla said:   I just applied for the 50k business bonus a week ago.  I tried secure messaging and upgrading my bonus, but they stated the 60k offer is only available to a targeted audience.  Any thoughts on what I can do?
  Go to southwest.com, You don't need to be logged in to your account, then scroll down and you'll see the ad to earn 50,000 points.  Click on "learn more" and you'll be taken to the application for the personal card.  Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the more card option.  That's where you find the business card for 60K bonus point.  You should see the same ad if you log in to your account.  Then, the rep can't say you weren't targeted.

  Thanks - this worked.

rated:
ToddC said:   Can 60,000 points be cashed out (converted to cash) easily?
  $600 in gift cards, easily redeemed.  What a waste of $350, though. (I always get 1.5cents/pt on flights I take, so 60000*0.015 = $900.  It's up to ~1.6/pt vs $ purchase price but when you pay with points you don't "earn" points so that decreases the value to around 1.5cents/pt.  The $600 in gift cards I value at about ~8% off due to ink/Staples, so 900-550 = 350 lost. )

rated:

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
isabee said:   Can I do this and get the bonus 60,000 points even though I already have a SW credit card?  
Yes, as long as you have not had this card in last 24 months and you have not successfully applied for 5 or more credit cards (any issuer) in last 24 months.

  I know this is how it has always been.  BUT, I did read a comment on another board where someone said they didn't get the bonus after getting a different SW card than what they previously had and did NOT get the bonus points.
Supposedly the Chase rep told them it was now 1 Southwest bonus inside of 24 months even if it is on a different card.

I really want do this card which I have never had but I HAVE had the "plus" inside of 24 months and received a bonus on that card.

I just don't want to pay $99 and waste my 3k spend on this card only to find out I was not eligible for another bonus.
Also the 5/24 rule will not be a concern.
Anyone got the extra SW bonus points on more than one card recently?

rated:
rushhound said:   
marcopolomle said:   
isabee said:   Can I do this and get the bonus 60,000 points even though I already have a SW credit card?  
Yes, as long as you have not had this card in last 24 months and you have not successfully applied for 5 or more credit cards (any issuer) in last 24 months.

  I know this is how it has always been.  BUT, I did read a comment on another board where someone said they didn't get the bonus after getting a different SW card than what they previously had and did NOT get the bonus points.
Supposedly the Chase rep told them it was now 1 Southwest bonus inside of 24 months even if it is on a different card.

I really want do this card which I have never had but I HAVE had the "plus" inside of 24 months and received a bonus on that card.

I just don't want to pay $99 and waste my 3k spend on this card only to find out I was not eligible for another bonus.
Also the 5/24 rule will not be a concern.
Anyone got the extra SW bonus points on more than one card recently?

I'm in a similar predicament since I got a SW RR Personal Plus card recently and wanted to apply for this card to  get the Companion Pass.
However, I'm currently at 4/24 so not only I'll lose the bonus but I won't be able to apply for another Chase card till July this year.
Interestingly I received a letter from Chase about changes to SW RR Reward Program and the updated terms do mention that :

How you could lose your points
You’ll immediately lose all points that haven’t been transferred to Southwest Airlines if your account status changes, or your account is closed, for any of the following reasons:
› we believe that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your account or this program › we believe that you’ve misused this program in any way, for example: • by repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the purpose of generating rewards


However, that language was there before also 
 

rated:
marcopolomle said:   rushhound said:   
marcopolomle said:   
isabee said:   Can I do this and get the bonus 60,000 points even though I already have a SW credit card?  
Yes, as long as you have not had this card in last 24 months and you have not successfully applied for 5 or more credit cards (any issuer) in last 24 months.

  I know this is how it has always been.  BUT, I did read a comment on another board where someone said they didn't get the bonus after getting a different SW card than what they previously had and did NOT get the bonus points.
Supposedly the Chase rep told them it was now 1 Southwest bonus inside of 24 months even if it is on a different card.

I really want do this card which I have never had but I HAVE had the "plus" inside of 24 months and received a bonus on that card.

I just don't want to pay $99 and waste my 3k spend on this card only to find out I was not eligible for another bonus.
Also the 5/24 rule will not be a concern.
Anyone got the extra SW bonus points on more than one card recently?

I'm in a similar predicament since I got a SW RR Personal Plus card recently and wanted to apply for this card to  get the Companion Pass.
However, I'm currently at 4/24 so not only I'll lose the bonus but I won't be able to apply for another Chase card till July this year.
Interestingly I received a letter from Chase about changes to SW RR Reward Program and the updated terms do mention that :
How you could lose your points • You’ll immediately lose all points that haven’t been transferred to Southwest Airlines if your account status changes, or your account is closed, for any of the following reasons:
› we believe that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your account or this program › we believe that you’ve misused this program in any way, for example: • by repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the purpose of generating rewards

However, that language was there before also 
 

UR points terms have a similar statement. On the bright side, at least it seems to indicate in text that they won't try to clawback points already transferred to SW.

Skipping 10 Messages...
rated:

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017