$100 For Opening Discover Online Savings with $15,000 deposit

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Discover Bank’s Online Savings Account is offering $100 Bonus with $15,000 minimum deposit along with 0.95% APY – one of the highest rates online! Make sure to use the promo code SAVE12D3 at the OFFER CODE BOX on page 3 of the application and  click apply the see the $100 promotion terms. This is a great way to earn some extra money on your cash balances for opening an online savings account and earning a great rate! Discover Bank is FDIC-insured and is known for its online convenience and high interest yields while providing a safe and secure way to save money each month. Your savings account has a low $500 minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance or monthly maintenance fees! As with any online bank, Discover is able to avoid overhead costs of a physical branch, thus saving money and offering you a higher savings rate. When you apply and fund your online savings account, you can start earning 5x more than the national average with a 0.95% APY.

To Earn $100 Bonus:

Must apply through discoverbank.com/SAVE12D3 by 01/31/2017
Deposit of $15,000 or more by 02/15/2017
Get your $100 Bonus deposited into your account by 02/28/2017 providing your account is still open.
Account must be open at time the bonus is paid. $100 will be credited to your Discover Bank account within 30 days of reaching $15,000 balance. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Offer may be withdrawn without notice.

Open a Discover Savings Account to earn $100 Bonus + 0.95% APY rate in minutes simply by enter your information such as address, phone, email and social security number.
ENTER the promo code SAVE12D3 at the OFFER CODE BOX, so click apply on the application page 3 to see the confirmation of $100 bonus promotion.
Fund the savings account with $15,000 minimum via ACH transfer from another bank account, by check, or by wire transfer.
Finally, verify information and electronically sign your application. They may ask your to verify some information on your credit report such as old addresses or loans.

Account Type: Online Savings Account
Availability: Nationwide
Expiration Date: 01/31/2017
Maximum Bonus: $100
Direct Deposit Requirement: No
Monthly Fee: None
Additional Requirements: Use promo code SAVE12D3 at the OFFER CODE BOX. Must deposit $15,000 by 02/15/2017 to receive the maximum $100 bonus
Closing Account Fee: None
Discover Bank Online Savings Account:
Low opening deposit. Minimum $500 initial deposit requirement.
No minimum balance requirement.
No monthly fees.
Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly.
Auto Savers plan which automatically transfers money from your personal checking account into your savings account each month.
FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile banking apps. Features include checking your savings account balance, viewing recent activity, viewing earned interest, and the ability to make and set up transfers, and works on the Android, iPhone and Blackberry devices.

You can open an account anytime online by completing their 3-step online form. Once your account is opened, you can fund your account electronically from any checking or savings account with a personal check or wire transfer. After verification, submit your information and you’re ready to start earning great rates! You can access your money when you need it– online money transfers are fast and free, transfer money to or from any linked bank account, and make up to 6 outgoing transfers per statement cycle. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm sorry, I meant to say I used code: SAVE117D.
Just called since I haven't heard anything from them, they said account ... (more)

bksavings (Mar. 08, 2017 @ 8:00a) |

Bonus to post by 3/31 actually posted on 3/15!

leenga (Mar. 15, 2017 @ 3:48p) |

You can open a Charles Swab checking account, with $1000, and get $100 bonus. I took that option versus Discover holding... (more)

TheBells (Mar. 24, 2017 @ 11:59p) |

current offer

Discover Bank’s Online Savings Account is offering $100 Bonus with $15,000 minimum deposit along with 0.95% APY – one of the highest rates online! Make sure to use the promo code SAVE117d3 at the OFFER CODE BOX on page 3 of the application and  click apply the see the $100 promotion terms. This is a great way to earn some extra money on your cash balances for opening an online savings account and earning a great rate! Discover Bank is FDIC-insured and is known for its online convenience and high interest yields while providing a safe and secure way to save money each month. Your savings account has a low $500 minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance or monthly maintenance fees! As with any online bank, Discover is able to avoid overhead costs of a physical branch, thus saving money and offering you a higher savings rate. When you apply and fund your online savings account, you can start earning 5x more than the national average with a 0.95% APY.

To Earn $100 Bonus:

Must apply through discoverbank.com/SAVE117D3 by 03/03/2017
Deposit of $15,000 or more by 03/15/2017
Get your $100 Bonus deposited into your account by 03/31/2017 providing your account is still open.
Account must be open at time the bonus is paid. $100 will be credited to your Discover Bank account within 30 days of reaching $15,000 balance. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Offer may be withdrawn without notice.

Open a Discover Savings Account to earn $100 Bonus + 0.95% APY rate in minutes simply by enter your information such as address, phone, email and social security number.
ENTER the promo code SAVE117D3 at the OFFER CODE BOX, so click apply on the application page 3 to see the confirmation of $100 bonus promotion.
Fund the savings account with $15,000 minimum via ACH transfer from another bank account, by check, or by wire transfer.
Finally, verify information and electronically sign your application. They may ask your to verify some information on your credit report such as old addresses or loans.

Account Type: Online Savings Account
Availability: Nationwide
Expiration Date: 03/03/2017
Maximum Bonus: $100
Direct Deposit Requirement: No
Monthly Fee: None
Additional Requirements: Use promo code SAVE117D3 at the OFFER CODE BOX. Must deposit $15,000 by 03/15/2017 to receive the maximum $100 bonus
Closing Account Fee: None
Discover Bank Online Savings Account:
Low opening deposit. Minimum $500 initial deposit requirement.
No minimum balance requirement.
No monthly fees.
Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly.
Auto Savers plan which automatically transfers money from your personal checking account into your savings account each month.
FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile banking apps. Features include checking your savings account balance, viewing recent activity, viewing earned interest, and the ability to make and set up transfers, and works on the Android, iPhone and Blackberry devices.

You can open an account anytime online by completing their 3-step online form. Once your account is opened, you can fund your account electronically from any checking or savings account with a personal check or wire transfer. After verification, submit your information and you’re ready to start earning great rates! You can access your money when you need it– online money transfers are fast and free, transfer money to or from any linked bank account, and make up to 6 outgoing transfers per statement cycle. 
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Too much principle deposit for too little reward unless you can verify the deposit may be used to pay bills ASAP as DoC suggests.  Being a savings account, I am a bit leery of that concept - almost immediate use that is..  DoC says   http://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-100-bonus-15000-deposit
 Compare to
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/ 

This list is a bit thin compared to many months.

JW10 said:   Too much principle deposit for too little reward unless you can verify the deposit may be used to pay bills ASAP as DoC suggests.  Being a savings account, I am a bit leery of that concept - almost immediate use that is..  DoC says   http://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-100-bonus-15000-deposit 
 Compare to

But you need to keep the funds for only 15 days.

fwuser12 said:   
JW10 said:   Too much principle deposit for too little reward unless you can verify the deposit may be used to pay bills ASAP as DoC suggests.  Being a savings account, I am a bit leery of that concept - almost immediate use that is..  DoC says   http://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-100-bonus-15000-deposit 
 Compare to

That 15 days was what I was not finding. Thanks for pointing that out.

Personally, I will have to pass for now, but maybe at a future date. I am still recovering from Christmas and after Christmas activities.

"This promotion is for customers who have never had a Discover Bank Online Savings or Money Market account."  http://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/discover-bank/offers/ 

fwuser12 said:   
 Compare to

Since it is only $100 bonus, it is not as generous as some of the other bank bonus deals.  However, it differs in that the bonus is paid very quick and you don't need to keep the money in there for long.  Even if you did leave the money there for awhile, the .95% interest is probably not much lower than anywhere else you could have the money that is FDIC insured. 

I personally did this deal earlier this year.  Transferred the money ACH from another bank, got the bonus, and transferred the money back, all in under 2 weeks.  I think it helps to sign up towards the end of the month.  They seem to pay the bonus a day or two after the first, regardless of when you open the account (that is why they say up to 30 days).  I would wait until the bonus posts before taking any of the deposit money out, even though technically the requirements say you only have to do the deposit and not actually keep the money in there for any certain amount of time.

I just received a $200 for $15K Savings offer from Chase in regular mail.

GoldenSacks said:   I just received a $200 for $15K Savings offer from Chase in regular mail.

That one requires $15K in the account for 90 days.

DPG said:   
GoldenSacks said:   I just received a $200 for $15K Savings offer from Chase in regular mail.

That one requires $15K in the account for 90 days.

The Chase savings bonus can be done once a year The Discover bonus is once per lifetime.. 

I took my $500 Chase bonus card mailed to me (with a promo code) to a local banker. The promo says $300 for a new checking OR $200 for a Savings OR $500 for both (per calendar year). However, when the banker entered my promo code it was declined because I had an existing checking account and have opened a recent Savings account. I closed my last Savings account in Dec. last year 2016. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?

ToddC said:   I took my $500 Chase bonus card mailed to me (with a promo code) to a local banker. The promo says $300 for a new checking OR $200 for a Savings OR $500 for both (per calendar year). However, when the banker entered my promo code it was declined because I had an existing checking account and have opened a recent Savings account. I closed my last Savings account in Dec. last year 2016. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?
  Many similar Chase promotions have required that you not have had a Chase checking/savings account in the past ~90 days.

fwuser12 said:   
ToddC said:   I took my $500 Chase bonus card mailed to me (with a promo code) to a local banker. The promo says $300 for a new checking OR $200 for a Savings OR $500 for both (per calendar year). However, when the banker entered my promo code it was declined because I had an existing checking account and have opened a recent Savings account. I closed my last Savings account in Dec. last year 2016. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?
  Many similar Chase promotions have required that you not have had a Chase checking/savings account in the past ~90 days.

My similar card I have received (but not used yet) states: You can receive only one new checking and one new savings opening related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account. No where I see "in the past 90 days."

GoldenSacks said:   
fwuser12 said:   

My similar card I have received (but not used yet) states: You can receive only one new checking and one new savings opening related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account. No where I see "in the past 90 days."

If yours doesnt have the restriction, good. Almost all the Chase checking promotions I have done in the past several years have had that 90 day restriction. You almost get one each year like clock work.

Ask the Doctor of Credit about the Chase offer.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-500-checking-savings-bonus-n... 

I have the same offer in progress.  IF you get both offers, you do NOT need a minimum balance in the checking account.  Checking bonus is paid fairly quickly after Direct Deposit.

It actually does say somewhere else on my card: Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.

Is this 90 business days or 90 weekdays?

SinbadS said:   Is this 90 business days or 90 weekdays?
  calendar days.

Thanks, OP. I opened my Discover Online Savings account this morning.

New offer x3/3/17

Code: SAVE117D3

http://discoverbank.com/save117D3 

Bonus to post by 2/28 actually posted on 2/16. Easy money.

fw9999 said:   "This promotion is for customers who have never had a Discover Bank Online Savings or Money Market account."  http://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/discover-bank/offers/
  Has anyone tested whether this stipulation is enforced?

Thanks for this info! I used to have a MMA Account so fingers crossed that I am able to earn this bonus

Thanks for the new promo code, will check it out!

Data Point: Opened on Jan. 17 with code SAVE12D3 and didn't receive $100 by Feb. 28. Called and they will investigate (could take up to 2-3 weeks).

I just applied with code SAVE12D3. Filled out the form, had to answer the Nexus-Lexus questions, then had to call a number for "extra verification".

They said due to the patriot act they were required to ask additional questions. was put on hold for a few minutes, then transferred to a different department, then had to upload a scan of my drivers license. 

When I asked why, was told all customers who never had an account with Discover were required by the Patriot act to do so. When I told them I had a Discover card for 36 years, was told that did not count because it was a different department.

bksavings said:   I just applied with code SAVE12D3.
That code expired on 1/31/17. You should have used SAVE117D, now also expired...

USrules said:   
bksavings said:   I just applied with code SAVE12D3.
That code expired on 1/31/17. You should have used SAVE117D, now also expired...

I'm sorry, I meant to say I used code: SAVE117D.
Just called since I haven't heard anything from them, they said account is open, and I might have to call back to dispute if I don't get the bonus because even though I did apply on 3/3, the account didn't officially open until 3/5 due to their additional verification.

Bonus to post by 3/31 actually posted on 3/15!

You can open a Charles Swab checking account, with $1000, and get $100 bonus. I took that option versus Discover holding more funds for a $100 return. Also did the Wells Fargo for both myself and husband for another $250 each. For $10,000, I think that is the amount, you can get $200 from Citibank for a new savings account.
When we opened our Discover checking they gave $50 for each checking account, just for opening the accounts. This deal there is too much fine print for a $100 return. Thanks OP for posting I always appreciate knowing what is out there and people taking the time to post.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017