• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

• Offer Link: http://why.quorumfcu.org/checking-cs/
  • Simply open a new QChoice Checking account and satisfy all the account requirements:†
  • Enroll in eStatements†
  • Maintain minimum monthly direct deposit(s) totalling $1,000 OR a minimum average daily balance of $5,000
  • Conduct 10 or more transactions per month for the first three consecutive months, just like you would with a regular checking account! Transactions may include, but are not limited to: Making deposits or withdrawals, using your debit card for any purchase, and paying bills.
  • If you've satisfied the transaction and QChoice account requirements within the first 90 days of account opening, we'll deposit $300 into your QChoice checking account within 120 days of account open date.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The fools at quorum eventually sent out welcome emails yesterday after I balked at their demand to send fully readable D... (more)

delhel (Feb. 20, 2017 @ 7:56a) |

Data Point: I opened my account on Feb. 16 with an initial $2500 (CC funding) but was not charged a fee ($10) for Feb. L... (more)

GoldenSacks (Feb. 28, 2017 @ 10:55p) |

what do they do for first month if you don't get card and approval til last week of month?

funnybone76 (Mar. 24, 2017 @ 12:24a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
moneybie said:   

• Simply open a new QChoice Checking account and satisfy all the account requirements:†
  • Enroll in eStatements†
  • Maintain minimum monthly direct deposit(s) totalling $1,000 OR a minimum average daily balance of $5,000
  • Conduct 10 or more transactions per month for the first three consecutive months, just like you would with a regular checking account! Transactions may include, but are not limited to: Making deposits or withdrawals, using your debit card for any purchase, and paying bills.
  • If you've satisfied the transaction and QChoice account requirements within the first 90 days of account opening, we'll deposit $300 into your QChoice checking account within 120 days of account open date.

††I tried but was not able to enroll because you need to be a member or work for one of the affiliated companies just so you know

rated:
Sounds like, DD $1K per month or $5K balance. (So $1K per month for 5 months?) Then 10 transactions per month for 3 months. Bonus $300 within 120 days.
Not to bad! You're tying up $5K for 120 days & those (lousy) 10 monthly transactions for 3 months.
When I go to the Quorum FCU site I don't see this bonus posted. Am I missing something?

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
moneybie said:   

• Enroll in eStatements†

††I tried but was not able to enroll because you need to be a member or work for one of the affiliated companies just so you know

† Looks like you can joint American Council of Consumers for free and qualify.

rated:
pattyB said:   Sounds like, DD $1K per month or $5K balance. (So $1K per month for 5 months?) Then 10 transactions per month for 3 months. Bonus $300 within 120 days.
Not to bad! You're tying up $5K for 120 days & those (lousy) 10 monthly transactions for 3 months.
When I go to the Quorum FCU site I don't see this bonus posted. Am I missing something?

††
The offer link is on the top. I don't know it matters or not it's posted on their site, but that offer link shows.†

rated:
More data point: According to the author of this article, it looks there's a hard pull on credit.
onemagnetavisit.blogspot.com/2017/01/300-checking-bonus-with-quorum-federal.html

rated:
vnuts21 said:   † Looks like you can joint American Council of Consumers for free and qualify.
††
https://www.americanconsumercouncil.org/membership.asp

$8 ?

rated:
When does it expire?

rated:
CC funding?

rated:
needhelpplease said:   CC funding?
† Looks like it's possible up to $2,500

rated:
moneybie said:   More data point: According to the author of this article, it looks there's a hard pull on credit.
onemagnetavisit.blogspot.com/2017/01/300-checking-bonus-with-quorum-federal.html

††Is there any other way? Nobody wants to pay $8

rated:
One of the options is:

Select Savers Club
The Select Savers Club (SSC) is a not-for-profit club committed to helping its members achieve their financial goals with information on spending, saving, borrowing and managing money and debt wisely. Joining SSC automatically qualifies you for Quorum membership; there is a $5 lifetime fee, which is paid for by Quorum. By choosing this eligibility option, you agree to SSC's membership terms and conditions.

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
moneybie said:   More data point: According to the author of this article, it looks there's a hard pull on credit.

† on the application page, you can select how you want to join. It says there the America consuming is 0, the other one is the Select savers club with $5 but Quorum will pay for it.†

rated:
moneybie said:   
fleetwoodmac said:   

† on the application page, you can select how you want to join. It says there the America consuming is 0, the other one is the Select savers club with $5 but Quorum will pay for it.†

††I thought American consumer was $8?

rated:
just got off the phone with rep who was super respectful.. Did state they do a hard pull, so is it worth it for a HP for 300.00? Unless you are saving up for a better offer maybe not, but this is super easy. And a better offer may not come around. I'm probably going to do this this week. If you can tie up about 5500-6k for 4/5 months.. to use the BP and debit card 10x monthly, (don't want a DD) that's it. Fits in well with the Wells Fargo 250.00 bonus also and that is a soft pull.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   just got off the phone with rep who was super respectful.. Did state they do a hard pull, so is it worth it for a HP†for 300.00? Unless you are saving up for a better offer maybe not, but this is super easy. And a better offer may not come around. I'm probably going to do this this week. If you can tie up about 5500-6k for 4/5 months.. to use the BP and debit card 10x monthly, (don't want a DD) that's it. Fits in well with the Wells Fargo 250.00 bonus also and that is a soft pull.
††so which membership did you use?

rated:
didn't do it yet, but rep mentioned the 2 that are free mentioned above.

rated:
Can you easily close the account after 3 months once receiving the bonus? I also see $10 monthly if certain conditions are not met so this is not a totally hassle free checking account.

rated:

rated:
if you've got double-digit inquires (Chex, Experian,†TU, etc.), expect a rejection letter, stating that "you do not meet underwriting standards."

I got one last year, despite a 780+ FICO, 10+ yr credit history & no negatives on any credit report.....just lots of inquiries.

rated:
Be very careful with this one.
I have been following this offer at DoC and it doesn't seem like a good deal even if you are approved.
DoC said: Cons:
1. Experian†credit report inquiry AND chex system report
2. Direct deposit(s) totaling $1,000 OR a minimum average balance of $5,000
3. No DP on Direct Deposit
4. No DP on instant approval

Pros:
1. $300
2. Generous ($2500) in CC finding

IMHO a hard pull is at least worth $500 for me.

rated:
hehaf said:   if you've got double-digit inquires (Chex, Experian,†TU, etc.), expect a rejection letter, stating that "you do not meet underwriting standards."

††
over what time period?

rated:
Even after a hard pull & CHEXsystems inquiry they are asking for additional documents.
John said: Received a phone call and then an email ask for IDs
Unfortunately, we are unable to finish processing your membership application due to the reason(s) listed below.

Copy of driverís license
Proof of current address
Copy of current paystub

rated:
Can identities be verified by answering multiple questions online during application?

rated:
GoldenSacks said:   Can identities be verified by answering multiple questions online during application?
AFAIK that's part of every bank account opening process.

rated:
moneybie said:   

Visa and MasterCard only.
No Amex or Discover cards.

rated:
In for this -- finishing up spend on the CSR card approval just before bonus was reduced.

rated:
Your application has been submitted.
Thank you for applying for Quorum membership! We're currently reviewing your application. If additional information is needed, a representative will contact you. If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email from us within two business days. If your application is not approved, you will receive written notice within 30 days.
Thank you for your interest in Quorum membership!

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
moneybie said:   

† Is it purchase or cash advance?

rated:
GoldenSacks said:   
marcopolomle said:   
moneybie said:   

† Is it purchase or cash advance?

No data points yet since no one's application has been approved yet.
Only data points are from past deals and according to DoC†Chase†Ritz-Carlton &†Citi†Double cash card counted as purchase.
Hopefully we'll have more data points once they start approving the applications.

rated:
What has the bonus been reduced to?† Where on their site can I see this?

Thanks!

rated:
suezqz said:   What has the bonus been reduced to?† Where on their site can I see this?

Thanks!

You have been here for 12 years and don't know how to click on a link in OP?
Where have been and what are you smoking?

rated:
Has anybody's application actually been outright approved for this, so far? †(A day or 2 ago there were posts that they have not. But I'm asking as of today, 1/19/17)?†

rated:
fw9999 said:   Has anybody's application actually been outright approved for this, so far? †(A day or 2 ago there were posts that they have not. But I'm asking as of today, 1/19/17)?†
††http://www.doctorofcredit.com/quorum-federal-credit-union-300-ch...

rated:
When it says, Maintain minimum monthly direct deposit(s) totaling $1,000 OR a minimum average daily balance of $5,000, is this month calendar month or statement month?

rated:
Is only one having problems with a huge amount of additional information requested.

rated:
what info did they ask you?

Also, has anyone tried using a bank of america credit card and did it go thru as purchase

rated:
RagingBull said:   Also, has anyone tried using a bank of america credit card and did it go thru as purchase
It looks like CC funding option is dead as of 1/19 per the comments in the DoC thread. Page reloads with no error message after submitting a CC funding attempt.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/quorum-federal-credit-union-300-ch...

I tried a BofA Merill+ card and also a Citi Double Cash card. Neither of them worked, but I also reduced the cash advance limit on both of them. One data point verified funding with a Citi Double Cash card for $50 prior to 1/19 so it's not the issuer, it's that their webpage seems to now no longer allow CC funding.

Without the option of a CC funding I think I'll pass on this one now since it also seems to require a hard Experian†pull.

rated:
are they requesting a lot of information from EVERYONE??? More than any other bank/cu usually does?

Skipping 26 Messages...
rated:
what do they do for first month if you don't get card and approval til last week of month?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017