• filter:

How can I reimburse grandparents for daycare of our son?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hello all, 

I have approx $600 in my DCAP account that I am trying to figure out how to pay to my parents for daycare of our son.  Does anyone know the process to make this happen?  I can pay them via check, and then get reimbursed from my pre-tax Dependent Childcare Assistance Program (DCAP) from my work benefits. They watch our son 3 days per week. 

Thanks! 

Member Summary
OP Subject said: How can I reimburse grandparents for daycare of our son?

OP Body said: Hello all,

I have approx $600 in my DCAP account that I am trying to figure out how to pay to my parents for daycare of our son.  Does anyone know the process to make this happen?  I can pay them via check, and then get reimbursed from my pre-tax Dependent Childcare Assistance Program (DCAP) from my work benefits. They watch our son 3 days per week.

Thanks!
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
jasonpowens said:   Hello all, 

I have approx $600 in my DCAP account that I am trying to figure out how to pay to my parents for daycare of our son.  Does anyone know the process to make this happen?  I can pay them via check, and then get reimbursed from my pre-tax Dependent Childcare Assistance Program (DCAP) from my work benefits. They watch our son 3 days per week. 

Thanks! 

Your DCAP custodian should have a form for this (care provided by a private party). You will have to fill out the details of care provided (dates, hours etc.) and the provided details (name, Taxid/SS etc.).

rated:
Keep in mind they will need to pay taxes on this.

rated:
op - it probably is wiser to pay them out of pocket and you can use these DCAP funds for other eligible items during the course of the year.

rated:
That is what we would normally, do but i have "stranded" funds from 2016 that I will lose if I do not pay them with the DCAP.  We normally pay them $200 per month for expenses, diapers, ect.  According to my administrator, i can submit 2016 expenses until March 31 2017.  Any thoughts?

rated:
jasonpowens said:   That is what we would normally, do but i have "stranded" funds from 2016 that I will lose if I do not pay them with the DCAP.  We normally pay them $200 per month for expenses, diapers, ect.  According to my administrator, i can submit 2016 expenses until March 31 2017.  Any thoughts?
  Do you actually have eligible day care expenses from 2016? Then submit a reimbursement form prior to March 31 as your administrator asked.

rated:
Deleting title and post? Nice going OP...

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017