• filter:

FREE $400 with NEW Regions Checking Account - Select States (DEAD)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Edit 4: Wow, this was killed fast!  This offer has been closed.  The only way to get the $400 bonus is IF you selected "send me a voucher" when that option was open.  That "personalized" coupon will be good until the end of the month.  Thanks to TheDiggler for the link which says:
regions.com said: Sorry this offer has been discontinued. If you have already registered for this offer and received a personalized voucher, please bring it to your nearest branch to open your Regions checking account before January 31, 2017. Then complete the additional requirements outlined on your voucher to earn your bonus.

Edit 3: Users have reported using Firefox throws errors when attempting to create an account at Regions online so use IE or Chrome.

Edit 2: It looks like their servers are being overloaded, so this might be an "in-branch only" offer for the time being.  I was able to figure out the link to Email a Voucher; it is: here.  The funny thing about the "signup" is the Voucher Code in the email is just 400MC3 if that page doesn't work.  You might be able to visit a branch and give them the code, or take the email in and use it in-branch.  Or, you can roll the dice and hope their online signup system starts working again.  I'll continue to try and open an account online and post if starts to work again.

Edit1: /It might be dead... Link will not load and using the promo code at regions.com when opening a new account throws and error.  Regions might be overloaded, or might have pulled the offer./

Pulled from another site... credit goes to BPyser1.

Link: https://info.regions.com/regions/16/hhg/cashoffer/campaignlp/index.html?promo=400MC3 

Details:
1) Offer expires January 31, 2017.  Use link above or use promo code 400MC3
2) Enroll in Online Statements
3) 10 debit card transactions within the first 60 days.
4) Receive $400 within 120 days of opening account.

Offer valid in the 15 states where there is a Regions Bank (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas)

FAQ pretty much ripped from other site:

Can other people sign up in my household?

Yes, you can sign up as many people in your household that you want. They each need to have a unique SSN, along with a Driver's License or Passport Number.

Will this trigger a soft pull or hard pull on my credit account?

Soft Pull

How do I fund my account and how much do I have to fund it with?

You can fund with a credit card (Visa / Mastercard) or with a bank transfer. The minimum is $50.

Are there any Monthly Fees and how do I get them waived?

Regions will waive the applicable Monthly Fee ($8 with online statements or $10 with standard paper statements) on your LifeGreen Checking account if you do ONE of the following:
Have ACH direct deposit, such as a recurring payroll or government benefit deposit, to your LifeGreen Checking account (at least one of $500 or more, or a combined amount of $1,000)
Maintain a $1500 average monthly balance in your LifeGreen Checking account

How long do I have before Monthly Fees start posting to my account?

61 Days after account opening.

When will I receive my $400?

Assuming you met all other requirements, you should see your bonus anywhere from a few days to weeks after the debit transactions. Although they have "up to 120 days" to give you the bonus, they say this for their own insurance. It will most likely be less than this. Once people start getting the bonus, a more accurate time figure will be given.

How do I close my account after I get my $400?

You can either go in the branch and do it there or you can do it via a secure message in your Regions online account.

Are there any early account closing fees?

Yes, $25 if you close your account before 180 days after opening.

Oh no! I already signed up for the $300 Regions offer, how do I get this $400 one?

Sorry, but unless you have a different identity and SSN, you are outta luck. When you sign up the offer is linked to your account and there isn't a way to change that for now.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Nope, keep looking.

ach1199 (Jan. 20, 2017 @ 3:41p) |

Does anyone know off hand if the check card transactions need to be debit or credit? Or is either acceptable.

trudi (Jan. 29, 2017 @ 3:39p) |

Either (most likely)

defjukie (Jan. 31, 2017 @ 6:51a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Damn I just opened Regions checking with $300 promo

Can I do another one with $400 promo?

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   Damn I just opened Regions checking with $300 promo

Last question in FAQ:

Oh no! I already signed up for the $300 Regions offer, how do I get this $400 one?
Sorry, but unless you have a different identity and SSN, you are outta luck. When you sign up the offer is linked to your account and there isn't a way to change that for now.

rated:
Link Not working for me

rated:
frugalphyl said:   Link Not working for me

Wow, surprised they killed it this quick (it's been on SD since about 1am E).  It's now redirecting to Region's main webpage.  I plugged in the promocode 400MC3 in to the website during signup and it didn't give an error (yet).  I still have the page up and tried to click the link to "email me a voucher" and it also redirected to the main page.

/edit/ I take that back.  I tried again and while the "loading" animation is showing I scrolled up and saw this:
sales.regions.com said: [[S=https://sales.regions.com/accountopening/cfa/deposits/1.0/16c342...]https://sales.regions.com/accountopening/cfa/deposits/1.0/16c342d37810ba28ac8c926233de9963/js/dao.framework.js:1939][/S] ReferenceError: btContainerTracker is not defined

rated:
PhDeez said:   

Last question in FAQ:

I will sign for my wife then

rated:
I can get past the "loading" animation using IE (not Firefox)

EDIT: went through the motion of opening the acct, entered all my personal info and then got a message that my account cannot be opened online and have to visit a branch....I'm in IL.  

rated:
I just completed this a few minutes ago. Wouldn't load in Firefox. Used Edge and it all worked fine. I didn't have a referral link I just used the promo code. Let's see what happens.

I funded $1000 to my Chase Visa card based on reports that it does not post as a cash advance. This triggered a fraud alert. I let Chase know it was valid. I then had to call in and have them re-run it and it went through. Upon opening that, I went online and opened a savings account and funded $1000 with my CC as well.

rated:
ach1199 said:   I can get past the "loading" animation using IE (not Firefox)

EDIT: went through the motion of opening the acct, entered all my personal info and then got a message that my account cannot be opened online and have to visit a branch....I'm in IL.  

you can open over the phone. just call in and get to new account opening. make sure you enroll in the offer by requesting the voucher via email.

also there's an extra $50 bonus for being referred by a current customer. not sure what the rules are on here about posting that but PM me if you want more info

rated:
Has anybody tried walking into the branch and opening the account with the promo code?

rated:
Do we know what states qualify? I dont' remember seeing any Regions here in my state.

rated:
moneybie said:   Do we know what states qualify? I dont' remember seeing any Regions here in my state.

States are listed in OP: Offer valid in the 15 states where there is a Regions Bank (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas) 

rated:
vquasarv said:   I just completed this a few minutes ago. Wouldn't load in Firefox. Used Edge and it all worked fine. I didn't have a referral link I just used the promo code. Let's see what happens.

I funded $1000 to my Chase Visa card based on reports that it does not post as a cash advance. This triggered a fraud alert. I let Chase know it was valid. I then had to call in and have them re-run it and it went through. Upon opening that, I went online and opened a savings account and funded $1000 with my CC as well.

These are very good points, thanks vquasarv.  I was attempting to go through the account process in Firefox.  When I get home tonight I'll try on another browser.  Also, this seems like a great way to hit a spending bonus!  2K in CC churn! 

rated:
Opened the account. Funded with a credit card. Can't wait to get the debit card now 👍

rated:
how much can you fund by credit card?

rated:
I wasn't able to get it to go through, but was able to have vouchers emailed to me by registering via mobile.

Good luck everyone!
~ryan

rated:
Can't open online if you have opted out of LexisNexis.

rated:
busyryan said:   I wasn't able to get it to go through, but was able to have vouchers emailed to me by registering via mobile.

Good luck everyone!
~ryan

How long did that take? I did so this morning and it said I was signed up, but nothing received in emails yet

edit:Fark me.  Got the email in relative's gmail I signed up but I did not get one in my hotmail email and looks really dead now?

rated:
Better than sleazy WF deal.

rated:
I tried to get a bonus from Regions 4 years ago. I assume anyone with an account previously is ineligible. Is that correct?

rated:
PhDeez said:   

Last question in FAQ:

DoctorOfCredit claims otherwise:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/regions-bank-400-450-checking-bon...
Regions does seem to be matching customers from the $300 offer to the $400 offer. Twitter DMs and e-mailing askregions@regions.com has worked. Relevant DPs can be found in the comments.

rated:
Does credit card have to be in the same name as the account holder for cc funding?

rated:
DPG said:   Can't open online if you have opted out of LexisNexis.
  What is LexisNexis?

rated:
Banks hate CA. CA always get jacked.

rated:
Offer may have been pulled.  https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/regions-bank/offers/ 

If so, a new record - 2 days!.

Thankfully I got my account started yesterday at a local branch.  Advice - if you've already printed your voucher and have a local branch nearby, call them first and describe the "pulled" situation (they may not even know yet!).  Insist that they honor the deal for vouchers which have already been generated.  

rated:
Does someone have a screen shot of when the offer was active? TIA

rated:
fw9999 said:   Thankfully I got my account started yesterday at a local branch.  Advice - if you've already printed your voucher and have a local branch nearby, call them first and describe the "pulled" situation (they may not even know yet!).  Insist that they honor the deal for vouchers which have already been generated.
Don't think there's a need to call:
https://info.regions.com/regions/16/hhg/cashoffer/campaignlp/exp...
Sorry this offer has been discontinued. If you have already registered for this offer and received a personalized voucher, please bring it to your nearest branch to open your Regions checking account before January 31, 2017. Then complete the additional requirements outlined on your voucher to earn your bonus.

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
fw9999 said:   Thankfully I got my account started yesterday at a local branch.  Advice - if you've already printed your voucher and have a local branch nearby, call them first and describe the "pulled" situation (they may not even know yet!).  Insist that they honor the deal for vouchers which have already been generated.
Don't think there's a need to call:
https://info.regions.com/regions/16/hhg/cashoffer/campaignlp/expired.html
Sorry this offer has been discontinued. If you have already registered for this offer and received a personalized voucher, please bring it to your nearest branch to open your Regions checking account before January 31, 2017. Then complete the additional requirements outlined on your voucher to earn your bonus.

Wow, Thanks for the post TheDiggler.  I'm glad I did the "email me a voucher" option when I did.  I'm going to go the path vquasarv went to create the 2k of 4k needed when opening a Chase Sapphire Reserve (in branch only now) to get that 100k UR bonus.

rated:
Anybody not doing the deal but have the email? PM me please

rated:
Got it from CS when asked to confirm that they see the code added:
"Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm this information. However, if the promotional code was added during the application process and the requirements are met within the given timeframe, you should receive the credit within 120 days of meeting the requirements"

rated:
So the 110k ultimate rewards is still available in branches?  Is this a Chase Branch? Probably a dumb question, I don't have any branches near me

rated:
The offer webpage clearly indicated that promo code was all that was needed for online app.  Let's see what happens.

BTW, confirmed initial account funding on CC was a charge and not a cash advance on my Chase card.

rated:
Phenomix said:   So the 110k ultimate rewards is still available in branches?  Is this a Chase Branch? Probably a dumb question, I don't have any branches near me
This is a completely different deal.  The Chase Sapphire Reserve deal IS available in-branch, but it's only 100k points.  I've also read that the $450 AF is charged on the first statement cycle.  I'm just taking vquasarv's idea and applying it to the required 4k in spending. 

rated:
Excuse me, this is Regions bank thread?

rated:
americano said:   Excuse me, this is Regions bank thread?
  Nope, keep looking. 

rated:
Does anyone know off hand if the check card transactions need to be debit or credit? Or is either acceptable.

rated:
trudi said:   Does anyone know off hand if the check card transactions need to be debit or credit? Or is either acceptable.
  Either (most likely)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017