• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Upromise said: Starting on February 2, 2017, Upromise members will earn 2.5% cash back at participating restaurants.1

Previously this was was tiered 2%, 4%, 6%, then 8% depending on how much you spent annually while eating out.  They then changed this to a flat 5% which they are now cutting in half.  If you use this program to link your credit cards for restaurant purchase, now might be a good time to switch who you use for restaurant cash back.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
What's the best Rewards Network program to use now?

rated:
I dunno who uses upromise dining.
use idine.com, it's always been better than upromise
level 1 = 5%, level 2 = 10%, level 3 = 15%
been like that since 2009, no announced changes.

rated:
imbatman said:   I dunno who uses upromise dining.

Thanks for the tip. I'd never heard of idine before and until now, I was using upromise.

Does anyone know if this stacks with Mogl/ LivingSocial/yelp and ebates? According to cpaynter, they stack. https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1546262?showmessage=1...

rated:
Also never heard of idine. Will check them out.

rated:
raceman73 said:   Also never heard of idine. Will check them out.
  Sadly, not many good choices near me.

rated:
BostonOne said:   
raceman73 said:   Also never heard of idine. Will check them out.

Agreed.  As soon as I saw the "Enter location" box I knew it was going to be one of these very specific sites.  Bummer.  So, nothing good near me anyway. Bummer. 

rated:
raceman73 said:   Also never heard of idine. Will check them out.iDine was the original name of Rewards Network. They run all the dining rewards (airline, upromise, their own), which is why they don't stack among themselves. They should stack with rewards programs run by other companies.

rated:
BostonOne said:   raceman73 said:   Also never heard of idine. Will check them out.

They have the exact same options as u promise (subject of this thread) as its the same dining network.

rated:
iDine claims to require a review left for the restaurant within 30 days in order to get the cash back, is this actually true? Upromise doesn't.

Here's the list of programs administered by this company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewards_Network#The_Dining_Program...

rated:
plastrd said:   iDine claims to require a review left for the restaurant within 30 days in order to get the cash back, is this actually true? Upromise doesn't.

Here's the list of programs administered by this company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewards_Network#The_Dining_Programs

You do need to fill out a review for idine. It takes 2 seconds (longer if you want to write something).

I'm surprised you don't need to for upromise, you need to for all the other rewardsnework dining programs (i.e. Delta/united/AA)

rated:
imbatman said:   
plastrd said:   iDine claims to require a review left for the restaurant within 30 days in order to get the cash back, is this actually true? Upromise doesn't.

Here's the list of programs administered by this company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rewards_Network#The_Dining_Programs

You do need to fill out a review for idine. It takes 2 seconds (longer if you want to write something).

I'm surprised you don't need to for upromise, you need to for all the other rewardsnework dining programs (i.e. Delta/united/AA)

I don't think AA requires it. I didn't leave a review for a AA transaction, but I got my miles anyway. But YMMV.

rated:
Thanks OP!

PS: Not sure what happened with uPromise's grocery partners but deleting my Safeway loyalty card didn't result in an ability to add one back...

= /

rated:
imbatman said:   you need to for all the other rewardsnework dining programs (i.e. Delta/united/AA)No, you don't.

rated:
idfubar said:   Thanks OP!

PS: Not sure what happened with uPromise's grocery partners but deleting my Safeway loyalty card didn't result in an ability to add one back...

= /

upromise is one of the worst site, as far as answering customer comments.

I have been locked out for way too long, still no help!

rated:

Changing on April 1.

< $750/year = 5%
> $750/year = 10%

rated:
yea, I got that email too. annoyed. I was able to get to $250 for 10% pretty quick off work eating, and spent most of the rest of the year in the 250-750 zone getting 10% on personal

rated:
samko said:   

Thanks for the tip. I'd never heard of idine before and until now, I was using upromise.

Does anyone know if this stacks with Mogl/ LivingSocial /yelp and ebates? According to cpaynter, they stack. https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1546262?showmessage=19731951 

I can confirm that Yelp and iDine stacked. And I used a CSR for the trifecta. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017