• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have a mastercard ( 2% cash back on all purchases). also have visa and discover cards. but i use mastercard most of the time as it is a 2% back on all purchases (1% on purchase and 1% on payments).  now i got a offer from AMEX blue cash everyday which has $150 sign on bonus and no annual fee. i looked upon the cash back categories. its 2% on gas stations ( i use wholesale club so its of no use to me). 3% on supermarkets ( WalMart and Target do not qualify so its of no use to me)  rest all is 1% cash back. so i might not be using this card much, mastercard gives me a better cash back on any day. i wanted an amex card for long time because it has a flat $25 rental car primary insurance, which i do not have on any of current cards. other perks might be occasional amex offers/statement credits during holiday season on various stores. 

please suggest if i should take this card. is it worth? are there any other perks i am missing.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
If you do get the card, try it out at WalMart a few times.    I too thought it wasn't good there for the 3% but I think I'm getting it.   Perhaps it depends on which particular WalMart you go to.
The smaller ones might be more supermarket oriented and perhaps code differently to AMEX?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017