HSBC Premier promotion: earn 1.25% APY on new money until 8/31/17

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HSBC has a new Premier promotion:
"Earn 1.25% APY when you open an HSBC Promotional Premier Savings account from January 17, 2017 through April 28, 2017 and fund it with New Money until August 31,2017."
https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/premier/savings?code=MIW0001969...

I don't know of a liquid account with no balance cap with a rate as high.

So I'm also thinking of applying for the HSBC Premier MC:
https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking/credit-cards/p...

Would I be approved if I just opened a HSBC Platinum rewards card a few months ago? The bonus is for 40,000 "bonus points" but I don't see where in the terms it indicates the redemption rate for cash into an HSBC account. Is it still 1 point = 1 cent?

thanks

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

in the T&C:
•HSBC Premier relationship required to open an HSBC Promotional Premier Savings account ...
•HSBC Premier relationship requires a Premier checking account and the maintenance of $100,000 in U.S. personal deposit and investment balances to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $50.

DP (Data Point): This promo appears to have been launched last Tuesday (Jan. 17).

With the past history of the delay in opening HSBC accounts, you will probably be still opening the account till 08/31

Data Point: If you happen to have a local branch you should be able to open both accounts the same day with relative ease.

If you travel abroad frequently especially to country where HSBC has branches, the premier account allows you to use services available at local branches. If you are a non-premier account holder with HSBC, you won't be able to use any in branch services except the ATM machine to do simple task such as cash withdraw. I speak from my own experience...

Any ideas how long the promotional rate will last?

mysteryAgain said:   Any ideas how long the promotional rate will last?
August 31,2017 is the last day for 1.25% promotional rate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017