$400 KeyBank Checking Bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you live in the following states: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, WA
Expires February 24, 2017
Requirements:
Open a qualifying checking account with offer code RETK0117.
Within 60 days after account opening, make 1 direct deposit of $500 or more.
Link: $400 checking bonus with keybank. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

moneybie said:   If you live in the following states: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, WA
Expires February 24, 2017
Requirements:
Open a qualifying checking account with offer code RETK0117.
Within 60 days after account opening, make 1 direct deposit of $500 or more.
Link: $400 checking bonus with keybank. 

Nice find OP. $400 bonus with minimal work is great!
Note that you should not have had a checking account in the past 12 months. If you did a similar bonus in 2016, you will not qualify for this.
Fine print said: You must open a Key Express Checking® (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage®, Key Privilege SM, or Key Privilege Select Checking SM by the expiration date and make one direct deposit of $500 at the minimum within 60 days after account opening to get $400. Normal account service charges and balance requirements apply to these accounts.

Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, and No Access are excluded from eligibility. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. Offer code and reservation number required to redeem this offer. Offer is non-transferable. Coupon and offer code cannot be resold.

Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual.

The gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT. The gift will be deposited within 90 days of meeting requirements. If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.

Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® or any First Niagara accounts in the last 12 months. Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of fulfillment are not eligible. Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. ©2017 KeyCorp. All rights reserved. KeyBank is Member FDIC.

No go for me.
Offer code and reservation number required to redeem this offer.

Nice Bonus, but looks targeted with the reservation number requirement.

Were you able to generate a code by going to a website?

What if I had a First Niagara account that was Closed in early October 2016?

Data point http://onemagnetavisit.blogspot.com/2017/01/400-bonus-with-keyba... - it is a targeted offer. The post has the note from the bank. Sorry guys, I thought this is a public offer.

moneybie said:   Data point http://onemagnetavisit.blogspot.com/2017/01/400-bonus-with-keyba... - it is a targeted offer. The post has the note from the bank. Sorry guys, I thought this is a public offer.
  Thanks for confirming.
I feel less bad since I closed my Keybank account only six months ago after a previous promotion.
ETA: Please update the title with "targeted or YMMV"

MrNovember said:   What if I had a First Niagara account that was Closed in early October 2016?

I closed mine a week before the conversion and had a Keybank bonus post since.

Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or any First Niagara accounts in the last 12 months.

If the $400 offer is not available what is the best offer currently/

IS there another way way to get the bonus W/O direct deposit?  My dirtect Deposit didn't go through this pay period and worried next one won't make the cutoff date.

If I don't live in those states, can I apply online? Or is there a loop around? Such as use a neighbor address then switch it to my own? Thanks!

Darn ): Such a great bonus but I wished it was available in TX

$200 was available last year so I didn't pull the trigger on this. Sucks it's targeted but you may find a $200 offer that doesn't require a reservation code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017