Citibank Virtual Account Numbers bugs - help needed

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
After some searching on the forums, I've seen a number of users of Citibank's Virtual Account Number service. I have found this tool invaluable for years, but lately it seems to get more and more buggy. For a number of months now, I haven't been able to access the web-based version or download the installer to setup the desktop program. Can someone help by posting the setup file for the desktop version? Also, I previously bookmarked the pop-up for the web version and was able to use it that way...but the URL is not working for me now. If someone can share that as well it would be much appreciated!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There may not be a way to get to it directly and they've changed that URL frequently in the past. Just login to your credit card or bank account (they can be separate and there may be more than one way to get to the VAN tool for the same credit card) -> Account Management -> Enroll in/Get Virtual Account Numbers.

This is what I use to access Citi VAN:

https://online.citi.com/US/VAN/webcard/ranwebcard.jsp 

I've used the above from Windows 10 (Firefox and Chrome), Linux (Firefox and Chrome) and my Chromebook without issue several times in the last few months.  It does use Flash, so make sure you have your flash player up to date.

I think they did away with their Windows desktop program a while back, but I might be getting that confused with FIA.  Either way, I've used the flash version in the link above for a long time with no problems.

Web version worked fine for me a week ago. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017