• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

terms2 (268.29kB)
Disclaimer

terms1 (112.20kB)
Disclaimer
Noticed an offer in my BOA online account for $300 checking bonus.(don't actually use my BOA cards for anything.... but a couple months ago I got that crazy survey for $150 back after $500 purchase offer on an inactive card, so since then I've been checking periodically for other offers)
I Included a capture of the terms plus directions how to get the bonus to show as attachments.

Terms summary:
- "Eligibility: Offer only available to Bank of America customers and employees who receive this offer via a direct communication from Bank of America. New personal checking account must be opened by April 15, 2017. Bank of America may change or terminate this offer before this date without notice. You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last six (6) months."
-Min deposit of $25 required to open
-DDs totalling $4k required in first 90 days (I know, this seems steep.  a couple years ago I did a BOA that looked like otherwise identical but only $250 DD required)
-Minimum daily balance of $1500 OR $250 direct deposit to waive $12 fee for core checking
- If you meet all the Requirements to Receive the $300 Checking Account bonus, we will attempt to deposit the earned bonus directly into your new personal checking account within sixty (60) days of meeting the qualifications for the earned bonus. New personal checking account must be open up to and including the date the bonus is paid in order to receive the bonus.

1. I don't see any mention of early closing fees, unless I'm missing it.  Not sure how long it needs to remain open past the 90 days.
2. I don't know if it's hard pull or not. (I'm pretty sure it wasn't when I did it a few years ago).  Any input?  

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, FINANCE. — Jul. 20, 2017 @ 11:56pm
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks
Mine is showing the same way and I have met the 4k requirement but still no sign of the bonus...!
did you do the co... (more)

kshir57 (May. 10, 2017 @ 2:32a) |

It was $4000 from each source, so any one of the three sources could have triggered the bonus.

Google Wallet was easy eno... (more)

markb1024 (May. 10, 2017 @ 1:21p) |

I thought I would add some data for the archive....

Opened in April.

4 different ACH sources, used multiple times each:
 AC... (more)

kwg (Jun. 18, 2017 @ 3:30p) |

You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last six (6) months.

If you meet all the Requirements to Receive the $300 Checking Account bonus, we will attempt to deposit the earned bonus directly into your new personal checking account within sixty (60) days of meeting the qualifications for the earned bonus. New personal checking account must be open up to and including the date the bonus is paid in order to receive the bonus.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
just checked and

rated:
just checked and 

Thanks OP

rated:
Just checked and....no wait....didn't want to check! It's BOA!

rated:
Just checked and got this offer, BUT for only $100 not $300!  I closed a BoA checking account about 2 years ago, so maybe that's why the difference.

Not worth it for me.

rated:
The question now is what count as direct deposit beside a real DD.

rated:
fw9999 said:   Just checked and got this offer, BUT for only $100 not $300!  I closed a BoA checking account about 2 years ago, so maybe that's why the difference.

Not worth it for me.

Did you not have it before, or did you just not check before?

rated:
Had the offer and applied, however; approval was deferred, which is odd?

Update 1: 2/1/2017
Called BoA after application, personal information reviewed and verified over the phone and approval on the form of an email immediately thereafter.

Update 2: 2/2/2017
Added BoA as external account to set up future ACH for initial deposit.

Update 3: 2/8/2017
ACH worth 4Ks deposited at BoA, now we just wait for the bonus to post.

BTW, this is soft pull for those wondering.

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
Hopefully, since we are no longer going to keep financial companies under control and with rates rising, we are going to get a lot more offers like these ...

rated:
DFW06 said:   The question now is what count as direct deposit beside a real DD.
  Some research on the web claims these do:

Emigrant, E*Trade, Fidelity Money Line, HSBC, Capital One 360

I tried Fidelity which posted as "FID BKG SVC LLC DES:MONEYLINE" 

we'll see...

rated:
Green for the circles and arrows. Thanks OP it was in my account too.

rated:
Thanks OP! thses pictures are so good!

rated:
Thanks OP. I got this offer a couple of weeks ago but had not acted upon it. Since it appears to be soft pull and easy DD requirements, I'll be taking advantage of this shortly.

rated:
can someone confirm if cap1 works? also, does 4k need to be new money, or can we cycle back and forth?

rated:
fattywallace said:   Had the offer and applied, however; approval was deferred, which is odd?

Called BoA after application, personal information reviewed and verified over the phone and approval on the form of an email immediately thereafter.

What number did you call?  Same thing happened to me and no financial center within 100 miles.  Thanks for any info!

rated:
gremln007 said:   
fattywallace said:   Had the offer and applied, however; approval was deferred, which is odd?

What number did you call?  Same thing happened to me and no financial center within 100 miles.  Thanks for any info!

I used Google to find the number -- do not recall what the number was but it was a 1-800 number though.

rated:
I finally got around to this. Approved immediately. Did not do initial finding, I selected that I would fund after opening. Account immediately showed up for me on the website. Found checking account number/routing under "information and services" tab in the account view. Changed my work DD to put $2000 here. Now it's just a waiting game... Should meet $4k requirement on ~4/3.

rated:
has anyone seen the bonus yet???

rated:
I haven't seen it yet. They have up to another ~45 days (60 in terms) left for me.

Not as fast as wells Fargo was.

rated:
Bend3r said:   I haven't seen it yet. They have up to another ~45 days (60 in terms) left for me.

Not as fast as wells Fargo was.

I am over the 60 days having made two ACHs from two different FIs for 4K each and neither has triggered the bonus yet?

rated:
thank op

rated:
Good find

rated:
I went back to BoA and looked over and noticed that BoA does have two different Routing Numbers -- one for DD and one for wires and transfers. My first two ACHs (and neither it seen triggered the DD/bonus, I used the Routing Number for the wires and transfers and not the one for DD.

For the sake of it and to test the theory, I have started another ACH using the DD Routing Number provided by BoA to see if this would have anything to do with triggering the bonus or not?

rated:
fattywallace said:   I went back to BoA and looked over and noticed that BoA does have two different Routing Numbers -- one for DD and one for wires and transfers. My first two ACHs (and neither it seen triggered the DD/bonus, I used the Routing Number for the wires and transfers and not the one for DD.

For the sake of it and to test the theory, I have started another ACH using the DD Routing Number provided by BoA to see if this would have anything to do with triggering the bonus or not?

Yes, I noticed that too.
Do update the thread with the FI and whether it triggers the bonus.

rated:
Which routing number was the DD one?

rated:
leenga said:   has anyone seen the bonus yet???
  Mine posted a couple weeks ago. Wasn't targeted. Completed requirements about 1.5 months before bonus posted. No idea what routing number I used.

rated:
Bend3r said:   Which routing number was the DD one?
  Go to your account and look at the detail tab (account number and routing numbers are found under this tab), there are two routing numbers listed; very first one is listed as the one to be used for DD.

rated:
marginoferror said:   
  Mine posted a couple weeks ago. Wasn't targeted. Completed requirements about 1.5 months before bonus posted. No idea what routing number I used.

Did you have a "true" DD source for deposit or did you ACH in?

Please post what bank did you ACH from if that was the case, thanks.

rated:
Timeline for my bonus posting:
3/10 applied/opened and set up my DDs
3/23 $2000 payroll DD posted
4/6 $2000 payroll DD posted
4/20 $2000 payroll DD posted
4/21 $300 bonus shows as processing ACH credit

rated:
Bend3r said:   Timeline for my bonus posting:

Wasn't certain that increments would do the trick too?

rated:
Sure, it cleary says "totalling" $4000

rated:
Bend3r said:   Sure, it cleary says "totalling" $4000
  First batch of ACH is on the way. Bank I'm pushing from this time around doesn't allow the entire 4Ks to be transferred out at once, hence increments to accumulate the 4K. I hope that using the other routing number and this bank, the bonus is triggered.

rated:
  Mine posted yesterday.

rated:
Hey guys, it'll be nice and productive if people getting the bonus post the details as far as ACH or DD and the source of the ACH if that was the case? Thanks!

rated:
Bend3r said:   Timeline for my bonus posting:

Fidelity Moneyline must not be working
2/8 Opened
2/17 $4000 from Fidelity
no bonus yet

rated:
Have to admit ---- BoA has become a real PITA when it comes to categorizing ACH as DDs. I've tried 4 different banks for deposits (Alliant, Capital One, USAA and PNC), none worked to trigger the bonus.

Hats off to BoA, I am officially giving up on this one and pulling my money back out. BoA has kicked my butt!

rated:
I got my $300 today. I broke my ACHs into multiple transactions, each less than $4000, but totaling more than $4000 from each source. (The terms say it must be a "recurring direct deposit".)

2/2 Opened
4/7 Final ACH from E*Trade
4/20 Final ACH from Capital One 360
4/21 Final ACH from Google Wallet
5/5 $300 bonus

rated:
Thanks for sharing your DP
Which routing number did you use for setting up ACH from E*Trades to your BoA account 122000661 (paper) or 121000358  (electronic)? According to someone reading here this might be different.
And how the direct deposit was listed on your account? I am trying to check was it sth as "E*TRADE DES:ACH TRNSFR .... PPD"? 

Skipping 7 Messages...
rated:
I thought I would add some data for the archive....

Opened in April.

4 different ACH sources, used multiple times each:
 ACH1+ACH2+ACH3+ACH4 = $4100

All 4 were ACH PPD.

As mentioned, ACH P2P does not count toward bonus requirement.

FWIW, BofA credit card rewards cashout is ACH PPD.
But BankAmeriDeals is a plain cash deposit entry.

Bonus was deposited 15 days after last ACH in June.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017