• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Sign up for a Chase Ink Business Preferred℠ Card and receive 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in three months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Other card features include earning 3X points on the first $150,000 spent annually in travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable, and phone services, as well as advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines. Plus, earn 1X points on all other purchases. A $95 annual fee applies.

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Jan. 30, 2017 @ 6:29pm
Member Summary
Summary of Chase Ultimate Rewards redemption:

1. The most optimized way to use Chase Ultimate Rewards is to transfer to airline miles that you happen to have a usage. One example of best redemption is to transfer to United Mileageplus.  US to Asia one way business class needs 80,000 miles.  It is over $1500 if pay by cash. There're lots of other trips and other airline miles Chase Ultimate Rewards can transfer to, making it very possible to redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards at 1.5-2 cents per point or even higher. (Warning: airline award tickets may have limited availability. Make sure it's available before transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards to miles).

2. Booking flight at Chase directly (if you happen to travel) makes the rewards 1.25 cents/point 

3. Redeem as Gift card when there is promotion. The best promition in the history is 30% for gift card purchase, which is very rare. With more commonly seen 10% off or 20% off, the value of Chase Ultimate Rewards could be more than 1.1/1.2 cents (of gift card value) each point.

4. Sell at brokers for cash. This option is in gray area. Chase doesn't want you to do it, but Chase wouldn't know if you do it. One reliable broker is milesp2p.com which has good reputation online and over two thousand facebook likes. As of now (March 2017), price for Chase Ultimate Rewards is 1.35 cents/point. Need to search "Chase" on top of the search box.

5. Of course the least option is to cash at Chase (or to pay mortgage) at 1 cent/point. To me this should be the last option. 
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Are the points redeemable for anything other than travel?

rated:
Does the business card count towards 5/24?

rated:
Just got Sapphire Reserve, I assume that Chase won't offer sign-up points after I get my 100k from current card.

rated:
Dougmeister said:   Are the points redeemable for anything other than travel?
  yes they are ultimate rewards points

rated:
$95 annual fees.
Doesn't look like they are waiving for 1st year.
good deal still

rated:
Is the first year fee waived when applying in the bank?

rated:
user1337 said:   Does the business card count towards 5/24?

Yes, all the UR earning cards seem to be covered by 5/24 unfortunately.

rated:
gnopgnip said:   Is the first year fee waived when applying in the bank?
Yes.

rated:
Can one avoid 5/24 by using an EIN?

rated:
you can still get the 100k bonus and sapphire reserve at a branch. i have the ink, but the $300 reimbursement with reserve card + free global entry + 100k. it's a way better deal.

rated:
ernie334 said:   you can still get the 100k bonus and sapphire reserve at a branch. i have the ink, but the $300 reimbursement with reserve card + free global entry + 100k. it's a way better deal.
  They both have their pros/cons.  The ink has less hoops to jump through.  Offsetting the 450 fee takes work on the CSR (some people don't travel, even if they do it could take some manufactured spend to get an "extra" 300 travel credit).  80k points is a lot for no fee first year or even 95 fee first year.

rated:
tyguide said:   Just got Sapphire Reserve, I assume that Chase won't offer sign-up points after I get my 100k from current card.
Why not?
They are entirely different products.
As long as you are not over 5/24 and have a business you should not have any problem getting approved for this card.
You might want to.read this 

rated:
Thx Marco, but my wife got denied 50k United Points on Explorer Card from Chase because they said she had some prior Chase Freedom bennie. I am waiting on 100k from Sapphire now. Hoping they don't jerk me around.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
ernie334 said:   you can still get the 100k bonus and sapphire reserve at a branch. i have the ink, but the $300 reimbursement with reserve card + free global entry + 100k. it's a way better deal.
  They both have their pros/cons.  The ink has less hoops to jump through.  Offsetting the 450 fee takes work on the CSR (some people don't travel, even if they do it could take some manufactured spend to get an "extra" 300 travel credit).  80k points is a lot for no fee first year or even 95 fee first year.

the $300 applies to anything that shows up on your cc as travel category. so you dont really have to be traveling to receive it. 

rated:
that's true ernie, it's still an inconvenience at best. (I actually got a refundable airline ticket in Dec and refunded in late january.....)   While the travel category is broad, it's also not likely to be hit organically if someone doesn't travel AND if they don't live in an area where they use public transit/parking fees.

Anyway, not needing to worry about travel spend makes the ink preferred an easy additional card for extra 80K.

rated:
Thanks, OP.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017