From Capital One 360 to Ally Bank?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have a Capital One 360 savings account from when it was ING Direct. Of course the interest rate has decreased since I opened the account. I have since come to learn about Ally bank online savings account. Is it worth it to move the funds from Capital One 360 to Ally Bank? Why or why not? Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Read the Ally Bank thread to learn about the features. Ask in that thread if you have questions about Ally bank. Decide based on that.

Honestly, Ally's rates aren't much better. I've pretty much emptied out my savings account with them in favor of CDs.

Capital One 360 has a money market account that pays @ 1%. If you already have a Capital One account, it only takes about 2 minutes to open the money market. Not as good of a rate as Ally, but close and lazy.

slappycakes said:   Capital One 360 has a money market account that pays @ 1%. If you already have a Capital One account, it only takes about 2 minutes to open the money market. Not as good of a rate as Ally, but close and lazy.
  Thanks for the pointer. Capital one 360 sounds like a plan to me. It's 1% for 10K and up while Ally is 0.85 for all balance tiers. 

Ally's Online Savings Account is 1% apy although not accessable at atms...You were looking at Ally's money market account...If you want a debit card with Ally, you can always add the Checking Account which will give you access to atms (they have the free Allpoint no-surcharge network plus $10 in rebates a month when you can't get to an Allpoint atm)...And you can always transfer money between the two online or on the mobile banking app (android or iphone)...

edit: just checked...apparently Capital 360 money market account is just like Ally's Online Savings and you don't get a debit card for that either...
I'd go with Ally if i were you...much better bank...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017