Etrade sell order 60 days commission question

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ETrade  All Or None (AON) accepts orders over 300 shares only. What if I place a sell order for 250 shares for 60 days? Will it be one commission for all partial shares sold during 60 days until all 250 shares are sold or there could be multiple commissions for each partial lot sold?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

​probably a commission for each separate day that trades take place if it doesn't all trade in the same day

Why don't you ask them and let us know?

Data point- Interactive Brokers charges a single commission for partial executions, although they charge by the share so it doesn't really make a difference.

TD charges one single commission for all partial within a day.

PrincipalMember said:   TD charges one single commission for all partial within a day.
I think all of the brokerages charge a single commission for orders that are filled in muliple tranactions in a single day, as long as you do not go and change the limit order after they start filling your order.

My guess is that ETrade  will charge you a separate commission for each day, but please let us know when you find out.

I've had that happen once, where I got charged multiple commissions for partial fills at e*trade. It was probably as stated above and a very rare condition but I try to keep everything 300+ because of that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017