• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
A while back during my phone call with an AmEx rep I was offered to add authorized users to my account for some incentives. I added a couple and he said no SSNs were required, only Dates of Birth. Now after several weeks I received an email as follows. I don't have those SSNs. What happens if I don't respond. Will they close those accounts. Or should I call to close those accounts myself?:

Important Information for your Additional Card Member

Dear John Doe,
We recently reviewed our records and noticed that we're missing some important information for one or more Additional Card Members on your account. We've listed the information we need from you below.
Social Security Number for xxx, Card ending in xxx
Social Security Number for yyy, Card ending in yyy
Social Security Number for zzz, Card ending in zzz

We regularly conduct these reviews to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date. For questions, call us anytime at the number on the back of your Card.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
ToddC said:   A while back during my phone call with an AmEx rep I was offered to add authorized users to my account for some incentives. I added a couple and he said no SSNs were required, only Dates of Birth. Now after several weeks I received an email as follows. I don't have those SSNs. What happens if I don't respond. Will they close those accounts. Or should I call to close those accounts myself?:

Dear John Doe,
We recently reviewed our records and noticed that we're missing some important information for one or more Additional Card Members on your account. We've listed the information we need from you below.

We regularly conduct these reviews to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date. For questions, call us anytime at the number on the back of your Card.

They don't have social security numbers should suffice.  

rated:
FYI - They have been asking for SSN for AUs since at least 12/2013, when applying online.

rated:
starcrossed said:   
ToddC said:   A while back during my phone call with an AmEx rep I was offered to add authorized users to my account for some incentives. I added a couple and he said no SSNs were required, only Dates of Birth. Now after several weeks I received an email as follows. I don't have those SSNs. What happens if I don't respond. Will they close those accounts. Or should I call to close those accounts myself?:

Dear John Doe,

They don't have social security numbers should suffice.  

Lol, such great advice to get his friends / relatives deported.

rated:
Never have responded to said past letters in my case. Nothing has happened.

rated:
My cat has an AmEx card. Member since 1996. She never leaves home without it.

rated:
luiset83 said:   Never have responded to said past letters in my case. Nothing has happened.
  same here. it may be related to the free credit score they offer, but i've never responded to find out.

rated:
qcumber98 said:   My cat has an AmEx card. Member since 1996. She never leaves home without it.

Does your cat have a cat wallet for carrying their Amex card? He/she must not forget the card if while shopping she finds a collar she likes.

rated:
burgerwars said:   qcumber98 said:   My cat has an AmEx card. Member since 1996. She never leaves home without it.Does your cat have a cat wallet for carrying their Amex card? He/she must not forget the card if while shopping she finds a collar she likes.Don't be silly, cats don't need wallets -- they get in ur computerz and shop in ur internetz.

rated:
qcumber98 said:   My cat has an AmEx card. Member since 1996. She never leaves home without it.
Did she get the Petco.com AMEX offer?  

rated:
ToddC said:   <edit> I added a couple and he said no SSNs were required, only Dates of Birth. Now after several weeks I received an email as follows. I don't have those SSNs. <edit>

<edit>

Former WF employee?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017