• filter:

Keeping or closing BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa (ABA) CC

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I received a letter that if I don't use my BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa (ABA) CC by a certain date they will close it. I have a lot of BofA CCs opened for promos. Should I let them close this one or there are any advantages to keep this card open and active?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I always close unused cards.

rated:
I always leave open unused cards.

rated:
I let the universe decide.

rated:
It would be better if YOU either used it or closed it rather letting BAC do it. Make a decision and take action.

rated:
Keeping it open will help your length of accounts. All you have to do is put a small charge and pay it off at least once a year should be good.

rated:
bc3000 said:   Keeping it open will help your length of accounts. All you have to do is put a small charge and pay it off at least once a year should be good.
  Actually, if one has lots of BoA and wouldn't miss one, I'd recommend leaving it inactive, in case you're lucky and.... https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1531303

rated:
Bend3r said:   bc3000 said:   Keeping it open will help your length of accounts. All you have to do is put a small charge and pay it off at least once a year should be good.
  Actually, if one has lots of BoA and wouldn't miss one, I'd recommend leaving it inactive, in case you're lucky and.... https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1531303

They didn't give me any warning and closed my oldest card years ago prior to me getting into churning.

rated:
If you don't use it, try to onvert it to Better Balance Rewards.

rated:
Powza said:   If you don't use it, try to onvert it to Better Balance Rewards.
  Very rare that they will switch anymore if at all. If you do have success let us know.

rated:
In my experience, most credit-card companies will allow you to merge cards (and keep the opening date of the oldest card). See which of your BofA cards you like best, and ask if you can merge the others into that one. Depending on the various opening dates and how your credit score would be affected, you may want to merge everything into your oldest card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017