• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
If I am the main account holder and try to use one of the authorized users' credit card and if the supermarket clerk should ask for my ID and see a different name, will I get into trouble (calling police, security, etc.)?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
They will typically just deny the transaction.  YMMV.

Most non-AMEX AU cards have the same CC number, so if you show them your card has the same number then it shouldn't be an issue.

AMEX AU cards have the similar numbers; usually only the last two number differ.  YMMV whether they accept or deny.

rated:
Rerun said:   If I am the main account holder and try to use one of the authorized users' credit card and if the supermarket clerk should ask for my ID and see a different name, will I get into trouble (calling police, security, etc.)?
  No, you won't get in trouble. But you may have a lot of hassle until you establish it is your account.  Using a credit card with someone else's name on it isn't a crime, using it without permission is; you would basically have to press charges against yourself to get into trouble, although it may take someone (police, security, etc) a while to realize and understand this.

rated:
there's no reason to do what you're talking about doing. It's all the same account, you're responsible for all transactions as the primary account holder.
but no, you won't get in trouble. I've done this before by accident, just tell the cashier you accidentally grabbed your wife/husbands card, and provide them a different form of payment.

rated:
It's happened to me before when using Amex offers on my spouse's account. The cashier sees the last name matches and its no problem.

rated:
imbatman said:   there's no reason to do what you're talking about doing. Many AMEX offers = Many reasons.

rated:
yea yea

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017