Website better than mint to track networth?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been using mint for like 6 months and it is everything but problems. Everyday there is another login issue with whatever account I have.

I am only tracking my net worth, I do not care about cash flow or budget or expenses. I just need to track my net worth that's all

Any website that you can recommend other than personal capital which I used and did not like?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I keep mine in a ledger with a pencil because I am not good enough to use ink.

letsspendlotsofmoney (Feb. 10, 2017 @ 3:43p) |

Yodlee.

manoosie (Feb. 10, 2017 @ 3:54p) |

VisiCalc on the Apple II anyone?
Just to get it out of the way.

I too use spreadsheets (libreoffice). It's not really old ... (more)

scripta (Feb. 10, 2017 @ 4:37p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I use "Full View" within my fidelity account and it works well. I am trusting fidelity with my account and hope they have strong security rather than some outside company like mint that is tracking me to sell me financial products.

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   I use "Full View" within my fidelity account and it works well. I am trusting fidelity with my account and hope they have strong security rather than some outside company like mint that is tracking me to sell me financial products.
  can you link vanguard mutual funds to fidelity's "Full View"?

Another vote for Personal Capital. You will get calls from the advisors but just tell them you're aren't interested - they have left me alone. 

yodlee?

fleetwoodmac said:   I have been using mint for like 6 months and it is everything but problems.So there's nothing wrong with it?

fleetwoodmac said:   
letsspendlotsofmoney said:   I use "Full View" within my fidelity account and it works well. I am trusting fidelity with my account and hope they have strong security rather than some outside company like mint that is tracking me to sell me financial products.
  can you link vanguard mutual funds to fidelity's "Full View"?

When I went to "add accounts" vanguard was in the list, I am sure it has to authenticate your login with vanguard. 

Yodlee Moneycenter v9

BofA has Yodlee built into their website like Fidelity Full View.

Mint is good for tracking spend. Personal Capital is better for net worth.

why do you not like personal capital?

Doesn't Mint use Yodlee? So, won't Yodlee have the same authentication issues as mint?

I keep it old school with Excel spreadsheet.

matrix5k said:   I keep it old school with Excel spreadsheet.

Newer, but cheaper, school here: LibreOffice Calc

fleetwoodmac said:    Everyday there is another login issue with whatever account I have.

You know that login issues are related to your financial institutions and not really mint. Anyway I been using mint for quite some time and really glad that I can track *everything*

stanolshefski said:   Doesn't Mint use Yodlee? So, won't Yodlee have the same authentication issues as mint?
  I believe they did in the beginning, but no longer do. Mint Leaves Yodlee

I tried using Fidelity's Full View and quickly realized that it was just Yodlee MoneyCenter so it would have the same problems. 

oh please....I'm using slide rule, pen and paper after I attached my brokerage statements to 3-ring binders.  Got basement full of them.

DrForce said:   BofA has Yodlee built into their website like Fidelity Full View.

I have problem with BofA/MerrillEdge accessing my Vanguard Personal account lately, keep getting "requires Re-verification (429)" error code. Login was fine on Vanguard's side.

Another issue is it cannot access Alliant CU's HSA investment that uses Save Daily...

The login issues are usually due to the financial institutions, not due to mint.

So you probably won't have better luck with another service.

Another optional is to manually put in your balance for any accounts in Mint that have frequent trouble logging in.

Merrill Edge tells me that they no longer link to Vanguard Brokerage and asked that I delete the account. Something about Vanguard no longer permitting it. I find account aggregation to be a pain in the ass given how finicky they are and given how frequently I wind up being unable to continue tracking an account. Still, of all of them, I favor personal capital seconded only by mint.

I use Fidelity's Full View, but I also keep my own spreedsheet, which is more accurate. I find most of these aggregators sites often have issues pulling various accounts, etc... Full View has always been a bit of a headache for me, trying to keep all my accounts working. So for me, nothing works better than a simple spreadsheet. I use Full View more for the asset allocation aspect, that the actually net worth calculation.

I use BoA's Yodlee integration and have no problems with a very wide array of accounts.

It's a lot more work, but GNUCash is pretty good if you know accounting.

I keep it older school with Lotus 1-2-3 for MS Dos 5  

I keep mine in a ledger with a pencil because I am not good enough to use ink.

Yodlee.

Meats said:   matrix5k said:   I keep it old school with Excel spreadsheet.
I keep it older school with Lotus 1-2-3 for MS Dos 5
VisiCalc on the Apple II anyone?
Just to get it out of the way.

I too use spreadsheets (libreoffice). It's not really old school, it's probably the best way to do it offline.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017