• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
Hello everybody,

A few months ago I inherited and immediately sold a house overseas. The fair value of the property was a little over the $100k the IRS uses as reporting threshold. I've already filed the FBAR (form 114). I'm planning on using form 3520 to report the bequest.
My question is: Do I report the sale of the house in that same form 3520? or is the sale reported in a different form? I'm really confused on where/how to report the sale of the house. 


Member Summary
Staff Summary

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017