• filter:

TAX refund direct deposit

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
IRS WMR site says refund was sent to my bank on 10th Feb. Chase says they have not received anything yet. When should I start panicking and calling people???

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
First thing I would do is go back to your tax return and make sure you filled out the bank info correctly.

If so, I would wait until Monday. If nothing, call the bank first. Then the IRS.

rated:
Unfortunately the tax return does not show the bank account number or routing number when I print it. It has never shown that info even in previous years. I hope it didn't go to somebody else.

rated:
arunayar said:   IRS WMR site says refund was sent to my bank on 10th Feb. Chase says they have not received anything yet. When should I start panicking and calling people???
  At least wait until the end of the week.  Just like mailing you a check, it can take a couple days to actually post.  As tennis said, while you are waiting, verify the bank info was filled out correctly.

rated:
Certainly I agree about checking right now to be 110% certain the routing and account number data you provided the IRS is accurate.

My own take is that you should have your refund no later than Thursday.  So I would probably commence calling Friday if there is no dough.

There is always the concern when requesting a refund via ACH, if it is a paper return, that an IRS employee will commit a typo when reading the numbers and typing them into the IRS system.  When filling in those numbers you must write so very carefully and clearly.

If you filed electronically this should be fine, since YOU are the one who typed in the routing and account numbers . . . unless you messed up, of course.

rated:
arunayar said:   Unfortunately the tax return does not show the bank account number or routing number when I print it. It has never shown that info even in previous years. I hope it didn't go to somebody else.

I've never done it so this is not from personal experience.  But you can most likely telephone the IRS and request to be allowed to check the routing and account number data they have on file for you.

rated:
How did you file your return? Did you use a tax agency? If so they should have it in their system, I would ask them. I can see my deposit information on TurboTax so its not that and if OP filed a paper return he should have the information he entered and not XXXX.

rated:
shinobi1 said:   
arunayar said:   Unfortunately the tax return does not show the bank account number or routing number when I print it. It has never shown that info even in previous years. I hope it didn't go to somebody else.

I've never done it so this is not from personal experience.  But you can most likely telephone the IRS and request to be allowed to check the routing and account number data they have on file for you.

Yeah, if you have hours of free time on your hand, call the IRS.  Otherwise, call your tax preparer first.  If your account information was incorrect and the deposit was rejected, the IRS should send a check which takes longer.  Personally, I'd wait a few weeks before calling the IRS.

rated:
caterpillar123 said:   
shinobi1 said:   

Yeah, if you have hours of free time on your hand, call the IRS.  Otherwise, call your tax preparer first.  If your account information was incorrect and the deposit was rejected, the IRS should send a check which takes longer.  Personally, I'd wait a few weeks before calling the IRS.

I see where you're coming from.  And I agree checking with one's tax preparer is preferable to telephoning the IRS.  Heck, about everything is preferable to telephoning the IRS!

However:

Please do not be too shocked when I tell you not everyone has a tax preparer.  And on that one I speak from personal experience.

rated:
shinobi1 said:   
caterpillar123 said:   
shinobi1 said:   

I see where you're coming from.  And I agree checking with one's tax preparer is preferable to telephoning the IRS.  Heck, about everything is preferable to telephoning the IRS!

However:

Please do not be too shocked when I tell you not everyone has a tax preparer.  And on that one I speak from personal experience.

I spoke to the tax preparer and then after I was done in front of the mirror, I decided to call someone else

rated:
tennis8363 said:   First thing I would do is go back to your tax return and make sure you filled out the bank info correctly.

If so, I would wait until Monday. If nothing, call the bank first. Then the IRS.

Tuesday.  Monday's a Holiday.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017