• filter:

$200 for your first ever CapitalOne 360 moneymarket with $10K

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.capitalone.com/bank/strong200/?external_id=360b_MM_DM_Strong200 

With 360 Money Market, an online and mobile account from Capital One®,
you’ll earn up to 1.00% Annual Percentage Yield—plus a $200 bonus. 

Requires a minimum of $10,000 deposit

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
A hard pull should be valued far higher than $100. No matter how easy it is to obtain said $100.

jaytrader (Apr. 26, 2017 @ 3:07a) |

Do they require to maintain a minimum in their checking account to waive monthly fees or any other conditions after the ... (more)

GoldenSacks (Apr. 26, 2017 @ 9:43a) |

The $1,000 is enough to avoid fees. I kept the account open because transfers from Schwab can count as direct deposit fo... (more)

TheBells (May. 05, 2017 @ 10:19p) |

If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.

Looks like they extended the promotion. New code is 200GROW. Don't forget to enter the code.

Also: "To qualify for the $200 bonus, open your very first 360 Money Market account online and deposit at least $10,000 no later than 6/30/2017 11:59 p.m., E.T. (If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.) [...]"

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
Link in Post 1 is dead. 404 not found.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   Link in Post 1 is dead. 404 not found.

Sorry, fixed the link

rated:
Probably worth updating the OP to mention that it requires a deposit of $10k.\

Also terms note:
PLEASE NOTE: You'll only be eligible for this bonus offer if you received an email or mail invitation directly from Capital One with an invitation code.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   You'll only be eligible for this bonus offer if you received an email or mail invitation directly from Capital One with an invitation code.

A friend did it without the email and was successful, and a second is in process of attempting it.

rated:
Looks like the only condition is this: If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus. I'm not sure if this could be overridden.

rated:
Capital One never came thru with their $200.00 checking bonus for me.
They said I wasn't targeted.
I ended up closing their 360 checking account and 3 different credit cards I had with them, 3 days ago.

rated:
CapOne is slimy. Avoid.

rated:
I just opened this account a month ago, but then put the $10k in i-bonds instead. oh well

rated:
$10000 for 1year @ 1% is a mere $100/year ^

I would just open a roth IRA or regular trading account and invest in some Schwab ETF's or some fidelity ETF which has the lowest management fee and that pays good dividend.

rated:
ionxchanger said:   $10000 for 1year @ 1% is a mere $100/year ^

You don't open this for the 1%. You do it for the $200 after about 10 days, and then you move it out and put it to better use.

rated:
As usual, excluding current customers.

rated:
raceman73 said:   As usual, excluding current customers.
  It is more restrictive than that. You dont qualify if you have ever had a "Savings product" with Cap1 (and related institutions).

rated:
Chyvan said:   

You don't open this for the 1%. You do it for the $200 after about 10 days, and then you move it out and put it to better use.

Are you implying you get the bonus after only 10 days or so? Terms state 6-8 weeks. However, doesn't say you have to keep the $10k in the account for that long, just that you need to make the deposit. Worth putting $10k in, letting a statement close, then moving the $10k back out. In 6-8 weeks you either get $200 or don't, but at least the time spent was a mere 15 minutes in total.

rated:
jaytrader said:   Are you implying you get the bonus after only 10 days or so?

Friend and I had our $200 in 6 days. We're waiting a third data point.

The friend had the official offer, so we figured he'd have a good result. I did it for the 1%, and got the bonus even though I wasn't solicited. Because I wasn't solicited and got the bonus, a third did it in hopes of getting the bonus and 1%. Because of the long weekend, he's behind schedule and it's taking longer.

rated:
Thanks for the DP. I will surely report back then, once I do it. Just waiting for my "spare" $15k to come out of the TIAA promo. Should be getting that bonus any day now. I will have results probably early March.

rated:
This offer doesn't seem to be targeted but you must be a genuine first-time depositor.

rated:
Chyvan said:   he's behind schedule and it's taking longer.

The additional untargeted person got his $200 today.

rated:
Has Capital One historically kept their rates consistent? I don't chase the rates but have a balance with Discover Bank that I could be convinced to switch over for $200, if my rate won't drop in a few months...

rated:
I got my bonus and I wasn't targeted. I love this forum.

rated:
CAROLPEASE said:   I got my bonus and I wasn't targeted. I love this forum.
  Targeted or not doesn't matter. The most important requirement seems to be a real first-time savings account holder/depositor.

rated:
would like to open an account

rated:
how do I open an account and mKE A DEPOSIT

rated:
HOW DO i MAKE MY DEPOSIT

rated:
Can anyone confirm how quick the bonus is paid out? Wondering if I can use the same 10K twice (2 accounts) before this expires. TIA

rated:
gremln007 said:   Can anyone confirm how quick the bonus is paid out? Wondering if I can use the same 10K twice (2 accounts) before this expires. TIA

Took less than 2 weeks for me. I did ACH pull. Around 2 business days for trial deposits to post externally.

Looks like they extended the promotion. New code is 200GROW. Don't forget to enter the code.

Also: "To qualify for the $200 bonus, open your very first 360 Money Market account online and deposit at least $10,000 no later than 6/30/2017 11:59 p.m., E.T. (If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.) [...]"
You can't get it twice unless you use different SSN.

rated:
Wondered what happens if you make up a SSN.

rated:
atikovi said:   Wondered what happens if you make up a SSN.
Probably Chexsystems verification will fail.

rated:
mrjasher said:   would like to open an account
mrjasher said:   how do I open an account and mKE A DEPOSIT

mrjasher said:   HOW DO i MAKE MY DEPOSIT

I always wonder how some people manage to make their way through life.  Reminds me of this http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2010/feb/11/facebook-readwriteweb

rated:
Never had a MM with CrapOne. Deposited $10,001 and let it sit. No bonus. F you, C1.

rated:
What did they say when you called them about it? 1-800-289-1992

rated:
I just opened the account 3 weeks ago. The $200 bonus posted within a week and was actually available for withdraw before the $10k.

rated:
atikovi said:   What did they say when you called them about it? 1-800-289-1992
  You're a funny one, but sometimes that one line zinger is inappropriatly used. What do you think they said? They told me to wait however long the offer terms stated. I was being bratty saying F you, C1 because everyone else was getting their bonuses quickly. I was/did not. However, I am doubting I'll even get the bonus at this point.

rated:
So you haven't had any C1 savings product before? And you have waited long enough to get the bonus? Then you should tell them that so they can find out why you didn't get the bonus.

rated:
jaytrader said:   Never had a MM with CrapOne. Deposited $10,001 and let it sit. No bonus. F you, C1.
  Did you have an account with ING Direct (or any bank that was acquired by ING Direct)?
Fine print said: If you currently have or have had a Savings product with Capital One Bank, Capital One 360 or ING DIRECT before or are a Capital One Associate, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.

rated:
I've only ever had a single CapOne 360 Checking account. No other 360 products.

rated:
I've only ever had a single CapOne 360 Checking account. No other 360 products.

rated:

I would just open a roth IRA or regular trading account and invest in some Schwab ETF's or some fidelity ETF which has the lowest management fee and that pays good dividend.

Schwab will give you $100 for a new checking account, with $1000 deposit AND a hard credit pull. They will deposit within 20 days of opening account and NO other strings. They want your other business. It is a great account to transfer money to other bank deals as well as it counts as an ACH, for some deals. It is an easy 10%. 

Skipping 3 Messages...
rated:
GoldenSacks said:   
Schwab will give you $100 for a new checking account, with $1000 deposit AND a hard credit pull. They will deposit within 20 days of opening account and NO other strings. They want your other business. It is a great account to transfer money to other bank deals as well as it counts as an ACH, for some deals. It is an easy 10%. 
  Do they require to maintain a minimum in their checking account to waive monthly fees or any other conditions after the initial $1K deposit?

The $1,000 is enough to avoid fees. I kept the account open because transfers from Schwab can count as direct deposit for some bank deals. I ended up transferring the $100 bonus to a Bank Of Colorado deal that will bonus $200. I started my bank promos with $100 and played to the point that now I am only playing with the money earned and letting it grow with the least amount of time spent with one institution. Yeah there is Wells Fargo and a whole bunch of places that chipped into my "play money". You also need to decide when to close an account, not just because of fees, but the clock starts ticking for when you  can do the next promo with that particular bank. If the rules are once a year you want to close out the account to start that new clock for the next deal, forget the fees. If fees are your concern you didn't do your homework. I heard so many people asking about the Wells Fargo fees and if they read the fine print fees are waived for new accounts for the first 2 months, regardless. I wasn't happy about the hard pull for $100. I tried to argue to get that removed. I did get a letter from them so I can add it to my credit file stating it was pulled for promotional and account opening purposes, not applying for credit, big deal. I did want them to give me something. My credit can handle the pull but I wasn't happy, but it was an easy $100, with no strings I opened, deposited $1000 and then they deposited. Easy  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017