• filter:

AAdvantage Dining - Earn AA miles without doing much

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Just got an email to sign up for the AAdvantage Dining program.
https://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/

Now I just signed up yesterday and haven't earned any mile yet. But based on the information, it seems like I accumulate AA miles just by using the credit card registered in the program to pay in one of those restaurants. This can be any credit card, so I can continue to earn cashback rebate on my card. The miles are simply added bonuses.

At 5 miles per dollar, that's a lot of miles if you eat out as much as I do. Granted, the list of restaurants is limited to whoever participates in the program. But I already saw a few that I frequent on regular basis.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a trick? Please share.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
freejunkmail said:   Just got an email to sign up for the AAdvantage Dining program.
https://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/

Now I just signed up yesterday and haven't earned any mile yet. But based on the information, it seems like I accumulate AA miles just by using the credit card registered in the program to pay in one of those restaurants. This can be any credit card, so I can continue to earn cashback rebate on my card. The miles are simply added bonuses.

At 5 miles per dollar, that's a lot of miles if you eat out as much as I do. Granted, the list of restaurants is limited to whoever participates in the program. But I already saw a few that I frequent on regular basis.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a trick? Please share.

Different tiers that get you 1/3/5 miles per-dollar. But good program. If you have just signed up, there should be something about doing a survey with the first 3 dine's to get even more points.

I spread these programs UAL/AA dining across my different credit cards and family frequent flyer programs. For me, the mileage is less important than the qualifying activity which resets the expiration date for all these different acccounts.

rated:
Years ago the payouts were better. Averaging 10 miles per dollar. They then got cheap. I have a Citibank American Airlines credit card to earn miles, but am signed-up for the United Airlines dining program. I don't earn many United miles, but the activity does reset the 18 month lost-your-miles inactivity clock.

rated:
They're alright if you'd be eating there anyway. But they tend to not be the best places. Similar to places that offer Groupons.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   They're alright if you'd be eating there anyway. But they tend to not be the best places. Similar to places that offer Groupons.

Very much agreed. I don't even bother to select a restaurant from their list. It turns out that one of my favorite ones is somehow on their list - so I use that to resetting the expiration dates as I had mentioned above.

rated:
burgerwars said:   Years ago the payouts were better. Averaging 10 miles per dollar. They then got cheap. I have a Citibank American Airlines credit card to earn miles, but am signed-up for the United Airlines dining program. I don't earn many United miles, but the activity does reset the 18 month lost-your-miles inactivity clock.
  Used to be 20 miles per dollar for United about 12-13 years ago.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
TravelerMSY said:   They're alright if you'd be eating there anyway. But they tend to not be the best places. Similar to places that offer Groupons.
 Very much agreed. I don't even bother to select a restaurant from their list. It turns out that one of my favorite ones is somehow on their list - so I use that to resetting the expiration dates as I had mentioned above.

Exactly. Pick an iDine program. Load the cards you use for dining, and get a serendipitous bonus if you get some miles.

rated:
this is good if you have AA miles that are about to expire. Just sign up and eat at one of the places and it extends your expiration for 18 months.

rated:

Thank you for the good info!  Pissed off by some Groupon so-called deals, I'll skip the dining program as well thanks to your info.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017