Bankrate.com money market recommendations

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've got a decent amount of savings and I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. My everbank money market teaser rate just expired, and I want to move it to another money market account at a higher rate while I'm deciding. 

http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/savings/savings-results.aspx?ic_i... 

Are all of these accounts listed essentially ok? I was going to pick the one with the highest post teaser rate, that is electronic based and large enough so I don't have to deal with small institution hours. Recommendations welcome.

I'm also wondering if there are better vehicles for a temporary investment like this. I don't have a plan yet, it could easily be 6-12 months before I'm ready to make a move into a different investment. I've been waiting for the market to pull back for either a stock purchase or house purchase, perhaps a rental, but both are screaming higher right now and it feels like bubble territory. The housing market in my area is insane and influenced by Chinese cash buyers instigating bidding wars, waiving inspections, etc.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

RT55 said:   I've got a decent amount of savings and I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. My everbank money market teaser rate just expired, and I want to move it to another money market account at a higher rate while I'm deciding. 

http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/savings/savings-results.aspx?ic_i... 

Are all of these accounts listed essentially ok? I was going to pick the one with the highest post teaser rate, that is electronic based and large enough so I don't have to deal with small institution hours. Recommendations welcome.

I'm also wondering if there are better vehicles for a temporary investment like this. I don't have a plan yet, it could easily be 6-12 months before I'm ready to make a move into a different investment. I've been waiting for the market to pull back for either a stock purchase or house purchase, perhaps a rental, but both are screaming higher right now and it feels like bubble territory. The housing market in my area is insane and influenced by Chinese cash buyers instigating bidding wars, waiving inspections, etc.

As long as it is FDIC insured (and you are within the limit), your money and interest should be safe. You wil have to look at other issues (customer service, ease of opening, transfer etc.) yourself or read reviews.

Check Purepoint that is discussed here: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1556443

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017