• filter:

Bank AmeriDeals (BoA)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Bank of America's Bank AmeriDeals for their credit cards was never a major deal area, but once in a while they had some great ones, like significant bonuses for spending on T-Mobile, certain restaurants/hotels, etc.  Then most of their bonuses shifted to earn 10% at a few merchants.  Recently, they have dried up.   I have had either none at all, or only a few (useless) bonus merchants: one for Hulu, and one for a local restaurant. 

Has anyone else seen Bank AmeriDeals almost disappear?  Perhaps they are analyzing my spending and I'm not using the card enough for them to offer deals.  I'm curious what others' experiences are. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Not here. I have been using the papa johns and Starbucks ones, and get them about every 2 months, at 5%. Just the last two days I have received emails about new offers, ADT and the 2 mentioned. I always have 8-10 offers showing. Right now also have Mccalisters, Little Ceasers, sixt, island resorts, Hulu, and 3 more restaurants.

Ususally only use the card for the offers and for major payments like car insurance every six months.

rated:
I never use my card and have a few offers. My wife's card gets a little more use and gets more offers, not much more. I have recently seen 5% starbucks, 10% Big 5, 10% Five Guys. They never have been that great. I remember getting the $75 T-Mobile just for paying a T-Mobile bill when it was suppose to be adding service or a new line, that was nice.

rated:
I use my BAC rewards Visa irregularly and get such deals offered almost monthly similarly to the deals mentioned by others. They have little attraction to me.

rated:
OP, I actually have noticed that. In months past there were usually at least a dozen or so offers. This month I think there were about 5. I did use some of the offers, not any major $$, but a few bucks back on purchases I would have made anyway.

rated:
It maybe based on usage. My two primary cards are both BofA (Cash and Travel).  With Preferred Rewards (75%), it is a no-brainer to use those cards. I currently have 27 BankAmeriDeals offered.

rated:
I recently utilized 5% AirBNB and 10% H&R Block

rated:
I currently have 26 deals. This is my main card (Travel Rewards).
I rarely use these deals but I always select them all whenever I check my transactions online.

rated:
I've noticed the reduction in deals, too, with only 8 showing right now. We frequently get a deal for $2.60 off at In-N-Out Burger but it's not there now, and the overall number of deals is less than half the usual amount.

We use this card (converted from the old Schwab Visa) more than I thought we would, mostly because we get the reward faster -- at $25 rather than $50 (Fidelity Visa) or once a year (Citi Costco Visa). We use it at Costco, and also at Super Target and Super WalMart, since they come through coded as grocery stores and get 2%. (For regular grocery stores we get 3% with Amex Blue Cash.)

rated:
Powza said:   I currently have 26 deals. This is my main card (Travel Rewards).
I rarely use these deals but I always select them all whenever I check my transactions online.

Wow, I only have 4! I just got an AT&T offer, spend $15 twice and get $50 back. I don't use AT&T but I have co-workers who do. I'll let one of them use the card, and make $20 on the deal.

Maybe I'll start getting more now that I'm a Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors customer.

rated:
billrubin said:   I just got an AT&T offer, spend $15 twice and get $50 back. I don't use AT&T but I have co-workers who do. I'll let one of them use the card, and make $20 on the deal.
My version of the offer is for $100 back:
Earn $100 cash back when you make two transactions with AT&T Wireless using your eligible card associated with this offer. Also, see how you can get up to $650 in credits from AT&T Wireless!

Offer expires 4/29/2017. Offer valid one time only. Must make two separate transactions with AT&T on wireless products or services of at least $15.00 on the card associated with this offer by 6/13/2017. Your $100 cash back is earned within 30 days after making your second transaction. See details on AT&T's offer. Taxes, fees, other charges & restrictions may apply.

Since it doesn't say "at least $15 each," IMO the highlighted verbiage above could arguably be construed as two purchases whose combined total is $15 (although I wouldn't risk $100 CB just to save $15).

BTW, wireless phone accessories sold @ AT&T's web-site typically bill like AT&T Wireless purchases (YMMV on that part). If that's the case, then find some accessories for around $15 (can actually be slightly less than $15 if your item will be over $15 with sales tax) and place 2 separate orders for those. Perhaps get some spare charging cables, cell phone cases, etc.

rated:
I'm confused as to how they determine deals to apply to accounts.

I typically have ~20-30 deals to choose from at any given time. Plenty are useless, plenty are also useful if I remember to use them on the off-chance I happen to stop at those places.

But on my wife's account all she ever gets is ~10 and most of them suck.

I find it odd that we differ so much in the promos we get. Anyone have any clue on what it's based on?

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
billrubin said:   I just got an AT&T offer, spend $15 twice and get $50 back. I don't use AT&T but I have co-workers who do. I'll let one of them use the card, and make $20 on the deal.
My version of the offer is for $100 back:
Earn $100 cash back when you make two transactions with AT&T Wireless using your eligible card associated with this offer. Also, see how you can get up to $650 in credits from AT&T Wireless

Offer expires 4/29/2017. Offer valid one time only. Must make two separate transactions with AT&T on wireless products or services of at least $15.00 on the card associated with this offer by 6/13/2017. Your $100 cash back is earned within 30 days after making your second transaction. See details on AT&T's offer. Taxes, fees, other charges & restrictions may apply.

Since it doesn't say "at least $15 each," IMO the highlighted verbiage above could arguably be construed as two purchases whose combined total is $15 (although I wouldn't risk $100 CB just to save $15).

BTW, wireless phone accessories sold @ AT&T's web-site typically bill like AT&T Wireless purchases (YMMV on that part). If that's the case, then find some accessories for around $15 (can actually be slightly less than $15 if your item will be over $15 with sales tax) and place 2 separate orders for those. Perhaps get some spare charging cables, cell phone cases, etc.

This deal is legitimate.  I had this offer last month and purchased 2 accessories (in separate orders) from the AT&T Wireless Store that were at least $15 each, and I got $75.00 cash back credited to my account (I didn't get the $100 offer on my account).

Try this link for some ideas.  Scroll to bottom and choose a category.  Anything $15 or more should work.

rated:
I've never had that AT&T deal. At present I have 42 active deals. Most of them are 10% discounts, a few are flat cashback for sign up, like the AT&T $50 when you sign up for service or Directv $75. Most of these offers are useless for me as I never shop in those places.

I too wonder how they select the offers...

rated:
Magicmanej said:   This deal is legitimate.  I had this offer last month and purchased 2 accessories (in separate orders) from the AT&T Wireless Store that were at least $15 each, and I got $75.00 cash back credited to my account (I didn't get the $100 offer on my account).
Made a pair of purchases (came out to $15.xx each w/ tax).  Just the PENDING CHARGES listed on my CC have caused the AT&T offer to move to a pending/processing mode (where instead of a green circled check mark next to the offer, it's now a gray circled double arrow).  I'll know for sure in ~30 days when the $100 offer credit is supposed to post (credit amount seems to vary by individual as 50, $75 and $100 offers have been mentioned in this thread, all of which are money makers after 2x $15 purchases).

rated:
What did you buy with the $15?

rated:
watssion said:   What did you buy with the $15?

I bought couple overpriced car charger cords for my phone from the AT&T store.  But the $75 more than enough covered it.  It was hard to find anything that isn't overpriced. 

Also, agree with OP.  Deals are far and few in between.  It used to be $ off, which was great, especially Hilton chains.  I had that and travelled for work, bonus money for me.

Even last year, they had starbucks deals for like 10% off.  Now I'm lucky to get 5% so most time its really not even worth it.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017