• filter:

How to find out how many CC applications I had in the last 24 months?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I got declined recently by Chase Freedom unlimited. Reason was I got too many applications in the last 24 months

So I went to CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and found out that I had close to 100 cards of which 80 was cancelled by now. I think I have 20 as of now. But I need to get this Chase FU as soon as possible for UR points.

I tried to convert Chase Ink Bold and Bold Plus and Chase Amazon to Chase FU but csr said it is not possible.

So just stop applying for some time? Where do I find the history of my applications?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
When we got turned down due to the 5/24 rule, the CSR I called to find out why looked at my history and told me when I c... (more)

dj63401 (Mar. 08, 2017 @ 3:06p) |

LOL, that's mortgage.  If I had 180k CC debt, I'd be having a stroke.

But that probably also means mortgages are figured ... (more)

cpaynter (Mar. 11, 2017 @ 7:15a) |

Mortgages do not count in to 5/24 rule.neither do autos, etc.

Tiggerlgh (Mar. 11, 2017 @ 10:26a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Look at the inquiries. That's a good approximation of the number of applications.

rated:
Chase 5/24 rule. If you had 5 new cards in last 24 month, your application will be declined.

rated:

rated:
Seity said:   http://millionmilesecrets.com/2016/10/05/check-chase-524-status/
  I checked

So I have 23 credit card inquiries in the last 24 months. The closest ones expiring are in May 2017. In the last 2 years I had 6 Chase Inquiries.

The first Chase inquiry is expiring May 2017 the next one is expiring February 2018

I currently have Chase ink plus (business), Chase Ink Bold (business) and Chase Amazon that's it.

I think they did not deny me due to 5/24, they denied due to too many inquiries. So what is too many?~~Creditor Inquiry Date
Chase March 1, 2017
Pentagon FCU February 13, 2017
Chase January 12, 2017
Amazon October 31, 2016
FIA CSNA October 20, 2016
Chase October 4, 2016
Capital One September 25, 2016
Chase August 16, 2016
Charles Schwab August 9, 2016
Don Mc Gill May 28, 2016
Chase May 12, 2016
Capital One April 18, 2016
Chase April 18, 2016
US Bancorp April 18, 2016
AT&T Services April 3, 2016
Capital one January 25, 2016
Capital one January 24, 2016
Chase January 24, 2016
TD BANK October 27, 2015
Windstream October 15, 2015
Capital one August 20, 2015
Chase April 9, 2015
US BANCORP April 9, 2015

rated:
Kinasharma01 said:   Chase 5/24 rule. If you had 5 new cards in last 24 month, your application will be declined.
  when you say 5 new cards, 5 new Chase or 5 new any card?

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
Kinasharma01 said:   Chase 5/24 rule. If you had 5 new cards in last 24 month, your application will be declined.
  when you say 5 new cards, 5 new Chase or 5 new any card?

Any card.

rated:
Don't apply for any at all cards until Oct 21st 2018 and then you can get the card.

rated:
jerosen said:   Don't apply for any at all cards until Oct 21st 2018 and then you can get the card.
how did you come up with October 2018?

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
jerosen said:   Don't apply for any at all cards until Oct 21st 2018 and then you can get the card.

You can have no more than 5 cards in the past 24 months.

You've had 5 cards in the past 4 months.   So you need to wait 20 months with no more card applications.

rated:
jerosen said:   
fleetwoodmac said:   

You've had 5 cards in the past 4 months.   So you need to wait 20 months with no more card applications.

I understand what you are saying

but then how did they approve my Chase Amazon 5 months ago?

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
jerosen said:   
fleetwoodmac said:   

I understand what you are saying

Different rules for merchant cards like that.

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   

5/24 rule does not apply to all cards

rated:
From this link :
http://thepointsguy.com/2016/07/unfortunate-expansion-chase-524-...

The cards that follow the 5/24 rule are sapphire, freedom, ink, united, southwest and marriot

Amazon probably opted out.

rated:
"So I went to CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and found out that I had close to 100 cards of which 80 was cancelled by now."

only at FWF

rated:
jumroo said:   "So I went to CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and found out that I had close to 100 cards of which 80 was cancelled by now."

only at FWF

This is nothing
Go to flyertalk.com forums and you will be shocked  

rated:
You can use the inquiries in your credit report and count them. It's an accurate proxy for new accounts if you haven't had any denials.

In the future, it's a best practice to keep your own contemporaneous log of important credit events. I just log them in Apple Calendar for applications, approval/denials and card closure dates.

As for 5/24- you either play nice just for Chase stuff, or you ignore it and go big. So you either want to stay under 5/24 all with Chase stuff, or just go for 24/24 and make it up on volume.

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   So I went to CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and found out that I had close to 100 cards of which 80 was cancelled by now. I think I have 20 as of now.I'm shocked not by how many cards you've opened and closed, but by the fact that you yourself didn't know it.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   As for 5/24- you either play nice just for Chase stuff, or you ignore it and go big. So you either want to stay under 5/24 all with Chase stuff, or just go for 24/24 and make it up on volume.Chase isn't the only issuer with limits. Citi has limits too. And all the best bonuses are between those two. You can apply for 20 crappy cards with $100 signup bonus or one CSR for the same "profit."

rated:
That does leave Amex and B of A, plus all the B list issuers. But I do see your point.

rated:
Note also, though it may not apply in your case, that in-branch pre-approvals are from a different system and aren't necessarily subject to 5/24. Might be worth going to a branch and asking if you're pre-approved for anything.

rated:
masteraleph said:   Note also, though it may not apply in your case, that in-branch pre-approvals are from a different system and aren't necessarily subject to 5/24. Might be worth going to a branch and asking if you're pre-approved for anything.
  If there are branches near OP and they have a banking relationship with Chase

rated:
I realize that I'm late to this thread, but to OP's original question, there is another way to tell how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months: ask Chase.

Chase Credit Journey

The dashboard will tell you how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months.

Chris.

rated:
cpaynter said:   I realize that I'm late to this thread, but to OP's original question, there is another way to tell how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months: ask Chase.

Chase Credit Journey 

The dashboard will tell you how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months.

Chris.

I think this is for all account including home/auto/student loans etc. too, but if you know you haven't had any of those in 24 months, its accurate for cards....unless I forgot which cards I've opened..

rated:
cpaynter said:   I realize that I'm late to this thread, but to OP's original question, there is another way to tell how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months: ask Chase.

Chase Credit Journey 

Chris.

I'm more interested in what you're doing w/ the 180k.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   You can use the inquiries in your credit report and count them. It's an accurate proxy for new accounts if you haven't had any denials.

I think they're not actually looking at inquiries, but credit card new accounts. My wife got rejected because their count included an AU addition to one of my accounts, with no inquiry anywhere for her, and switching an Amex card program for another, with no inquiry for anyone. So it also probably doesn't matter which bureau Chase uses - for me, they all report open accounts to all 3, even though some only run application inquiries to 1 or 2.

Maybe that is what you meant that it's a proxy, but if you're close to their limit, it's worth trying to count the right stuff yourself.

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
jumroo said:   "So I went to CreditKarma and Credit Sesame and found out that I had close to 100 cards of which 80 was cancelled by now."

only at FWF

This is nothing
Go to flyertalk.com forums and you will be shocked  

I'm shocked that you are a high level churner, seem to go to FT, and still somehow never heard of 5/24...

rated:
When we got turned down due to the 5/24 rule, the CSR I called to find out why looked at my history and told me when I could get reviewed again(about 9 months from now). He read off cards I had opened(not just Chase cards).So that is an option for those who don't remember what they have applied for.

rated:
jamesfatwallet said:   

Chase Credit Journey 

Chris.

But that probably also means mortgages are figured into that 24 month new accounts number as well.

Chris.

rated:
cpaynter said:   
jamesfatwallet said:   

Chase Credit Journey 

Chris.

But that probably also means mortgages are figured into that 24 month new accounts number as well.

Chris.

Mortgages do not count in to 5/24 rule.neither do autos, etc.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017