• filter:

TDAmeritrade $200 referral bonus + better xfer promo

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
This is usually $50 and just noticed it's $200 now.  There was no indication of how long this rate would last.  If you log on, you should see the promo on your main page.

It'll send your friend an email to join, and they get a better promo than the standard one too.  I.e. $500 for 100k xfer or $1000 for 250k xfer (usually only $300/$600).

btw, I've done the $50 promo twice before.  The first time they said I didn't get it because my friend had a closed account with them before (i.e. he was not "new").  My friend still got his xfer bonus though.  The second time I got it, but also got a 1099-MISC for the $50.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Allright! Thanks. The wife has shares over at Merrill/BofA that just earned the bonus.

rated:
Where did you see this? I went to Client Services>Refer a Friend and all I see is the 20 free trades for use within 90 days of funding reward.

rated:
That's the right place. Then you fill in friend's name, email and there's a dropdown for reward selection, either cash or trades.

Just checked the fine print - says cash election is not available for IRAs and tax-exempt accounts, I guess because they can't do a 1099 for it. Try a taxable account if you have one.

To clarify: your account can't be an ira, but your friend's account can be either kind.

rated:
jaytrader said:   Where did you see this? I went to Client Services>Refer a Friend and all I see is the 20 free trades for use within 90 days of funding reward.
  just off to the right 2 slots from where the link says Refer a Friend

rated:
One per customer per lifetime, includes having gotten anything from a company swallowed up such as Waterhouse. Dicey to deal with, fined me $100 for its mistake.

rated:
Program guidelines
You can refer up to 10 people per day and up to 50 people per month.

You can't refer the same person more than twice in a 90-day period.

You may not refer yourself.

The person you are referring must not already have a TD Ameritrade account.

The person you are referring must be of legal age in his or her state of residence.

To receive the reward you've selected, the person you are referring must open a TD Ameritrade account and fund it with a minimum of $3,000 within 90 days of your submission.

There is a limit of one offer per qualified referral.

Submit

*Referral reward offer valid for existing clients who successfully refer a new TD Ameritrade account that is funded with at least $3,000 within 90 days from the date of referral. Offer is not valid with internal transfers, TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts, accounts managed by TD Ameritrade Investment Management, LLC, or with other offers. Promotional items and cash received during the calendar year will be included in your consolidated Form 1099. Limit one offer per qualified referral. TD Ameritrade reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time.

20 commission-free online trades
Twenty commission-free Internet equity or options trades will be credited to your account one to two business days after the referred individual has opened and funded a new TD Ameritrade account with the required $3,000 minimum. Offer limited to qualified Internet equity or option orders. Commission-free online trades are not transferable. Qualified commission-free Internet equity or options orders must execute within 90 days of account funding. You are still responsible for any contract, exercise and assignment fees charged on option orders.

$200 cash
Please allow one to two business days from the time the referred individual has opened and funded their TD Ameritrade account with the required $3,000 minimum to receive your $200 credit to your account. Offer is not transferable. Offer not available to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) or other tax-exempt accounts.

Options involve risks and are not suitable for all investors. Options trading subject to TD Ameritrade approval. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options before investing in options.

rated:
This is what the recipient gets: 
TD Ameritrade Welcome Email said: To show our appreciation, when you open a new TD Ameritrade account and fund it within 60 days, you'll receive one of these exclusive offers:
$1,000 when you deposit $250,000 or more

$500 when you deposit $100,000-$249,999

$200 when you deposit $50,000-$99,999

$100 when you deposit $25,000-$49,999

+

300 commission-free trades when you deposit $3,000 or more

Sounds like a good deal. Have friend open with $3000, get bonus, friend closes account. Easy $200. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017