Has anyone ever tried Chase checking where you take photo of check?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
 keep seeing tv commercial of Chase where they use smartphone  to take photo of check? Is it any good?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

yes, lots of people

Yes. I've been using it since it launched about 7 years ago. No complaints to this point.

I've used other banks, but not Chase. It's not as easy as the commercial. You can't do it with one hand while you're skydiving. You need to login to the app, enter the amount and carefully take pictures of both sides of your check on a dark background that's well lit. Above all, hold your camera phone steady. Even if you go by the rules, you can end up taking many pictures until one gets accepted.

Use it, love it. Using this app has saved me many trips to the bank. I haven't had to go in branch for months.

The trick to a good image is to find a well lit area from non overhead light. You need to hold the camera to take a picture at an angle that is not too sharp that it captures the check image better, yet not allow any dark shadows from your phone or hands.

I have several different banks and they all offer this feature. I have not had a problem with it. I don't remember the last time I have been to a bank branch, I do everything through an app or ATM.

Corndogg said:   Use it, love it. Using this app has saved me many trips to the bank. I haven't had to go in branch for months.

+1 It is great for saving trips to the bank. I'm still waiting for an update that will let me deposit cash. (Then I'll want the update that lets me withdraw too)

geez... no, no one has ever tried it.

burgerwars said:   You can't do it with one hand while you're skydiving. 
  How do you know, have you tried it?

rufflesinc said:   burgerwars said:   You can't do it with one hand while you're skydiving. 

Burgerwars has done everything. In fact he even turned down being dos equis most interesting man in the world because he doesn't like like repeating things he's already done for the camera.

OP, welcome to 2005!

According to the Chase commercial, if you take a picture of a lion, it shows up at the teller. I tried and that did not work.

There should be a feature in FW where if you are the 10th poster in 24 hours, it gives you a warning that your post is going to push this thread to "Hot Threads" and ask if you're sure you want that to happen.

Maybe I get too excited when there's another Hot Thread to read. And then get disappointed when it's something I would have expected in 2005.

scrouds said:   
rufflesinc said:   
burgerwars said:   You can't do it with one hand while you're skydiving. 

Burgerwars has done everything. In fact he even turned down being dos equis most interesting man in the world because he doesn't like like repeating things he's already done for the camera.

2005? Smartphones weren't even popular at that time except for blackberry

Wiki says USAA started in 2009. 2005 was pretty close as a rough estimate, especially as it was meant to be a slight exaggeration.

Arctann's estimate was closer, but the context indicates it was not meant as an exaggeration.

What is a "check"?

I do mobile cash deposits this way all the time.

bassmanben said:   I do mobile cash deposits this way all the time.
  thats not a biggie, but how about mobile cash withdrawals?

emgeecee said:   2005? Smartphones weren't even popular at that time except for blackberry
  Deposit through scanner.  that's what I still use.

Has anyone ever tried Chase chicken where you take photo of chick?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017