Diminished car value

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I bought 2017 Honda Accord in November 2016. I put 2500 miles on it and in 1/2017 I was rear ended - car was 2 months old, 2500 miles on it. Total fixing cost is ~$2000 at dealer's Body Shop. Before turning my car into dealer, I got the basic estimate from DVasses  which was ~$1800 (although I can't get a true market value of my car since it's so new) . I contacted the at fault party - they sent the guy to take pictures. I've just got a phone call that they are offering me $25 (!!! yes!! $25) for dcv! I was speechless.... Any experience dealing with Safeco?
Thanks!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Go get a trade in quote from a Honda dealer with a clean carfax/no work done and one with a "bad" carfax/work done. Use that documentation to support your claim that $25 is not enough.

was the other sides insurance company gieco?

no, it's Safeco.
I actually am also insured at Safeco.

Sorry, the page doesn't open...

muchatsetse said:   Sorry, the page doesn't open...
  I believe the link ellory meant to post was:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/880666

Which if you would have searched "diminished" in the FWF forum you would have found a years old thread with up to date info in it. (who ellory is the OP of )

Thanks! I went through that post, but last info was from 2013.. That's why I started new and also wondering if anyone filled the dcv with Safeco..

muchatsetse said:   Thanks! I went through that post, but last info was from 2013.. That's why I started new and also wondering if anyone filled the dcv with Safeco..
Final post in that thread was from yesterday, actually.  But no bother

It looks like you need to "convince" Safeco if they are still acting the same way they were from 2014 (which is likely).

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/880666?query=safeco  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017