Get up to $350 with a new Chase Total Checking and savings account B&M only

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get up to $350 with a new Chase checking and savings account 

Get $200 when you open a Chase Total CheckingŪ account1 and set up direct deposit

Get $150 when you open a Chase SavingsSM account1 and deposit $10,000 or more in new money within 10 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days

Avoid $12 fee for Chase Total Checking by completing at least one of the following:
Have monthly direct deposits totaling at least $500 made to the checking account
Maintain a daily balance of at least $1,500 in the Total Checking
Maintain a daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balance

Avoid $5 fee for Chase Savings by completing at least one of the following:
Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your savings account
Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more
Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client CheckingSM account

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It depends on where you live? I get the lousy $200+$150 in the ValuePak mailer; used to be, worse. A friend of mine gets... (more)

bankdealsrule (Mar. 13, 2017 @ 11:48p) |

It's old news. ...new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates... You can only receive one new savings acco... (more)

bankdealsrule (Mar. 13, 2017 @ 11:54p) |

Thanks for the explanation. 

I used to see no offers pretty often and then started getting offers.  Noticed that my wife'... (more)

gremln007 (Mar. 14, 2017 @ 8:40a) |

Fine print said: Bonus/Account Information: Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the $200 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. To receive the $150 savings bonus: 1) Open a new Chase SavingsSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 10 business days of account opening; AND 3) Maintain at least a $10,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates. After you have completed all the above savings requirements, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), for Chase SavingsSM effective as of 12/05/2016, is 0.01% for all balances in all states. Interest rates are variable and subject to change. Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account. You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account. Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

2 Account Closing: If either the checking or savings account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers

This is new? Will close my savings for future offers then.

Checking isn't either, and it's not new. I'm pretty sure it has always been this way.

scripta said:   Checking isn't either, and it's not new. I'm pretty sure it has always been this way.
  I've opened multiple savings offers last year. Anyone confirm if it's new money or new savings accts?

needhelpplease said:   
scripta said:   Checking isn't either, and it's not new. I'm pretty sure it has always been this way.
  I've opened multiple savings offers last year. Anyone confirm if it's new money or new savings accts?

It must be new account and new money. You must not have closed your earlier account (if applicable) in the last 90 days. These are part of the fine print (have added it to summary) and pretty standard for Chase checking/savings bonuses.

but not new customer for savings? 

That's the part that's new? or can a existing savings customer open new savings accounts?

maybe I'm missing something; but how is this offer better than Chase $300+200=$500 that gets thrown around mailboxes in my area every month?

SinglePapa said:   maybe I'm missing something; but how is this offer better than Chase $300+200=$500 that gets thrown around mailboxes in my area every month?
  It's not.  This offer's available on their website though (and is always?).

Bend3r said:   
SinglePapa said:   maybe I'm missing something; but how is this offer better than Chase $300+200=$500 that gets thrown around mailboxes in my area every month?
  It's not.  This offer's available on their website though (and is always?).

I got the code for $150 as a sure back up for the eBay $200 savings coupon I ordered the other day in case that fails.

needhelpplease said:    or can a existing savings customer open new savings accounts?

No.
  "Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers"

fwuser12 said:   
needhelpplease said:    or can a existing savings customer open new savings accounts?
No.

That's  new term then , I opened a bunch of savings accounts got bonuses last year

needhelpplease said:   
fwuser12 said:   
No.

That new term then , I opened a bunch of savings accounts got bonuses last year

I am not sure what offer you are talking about. THIS offer and similar offers in past have had similar wording.
If you did get bonus on a previous offer despite such wording, that is news to me.

Pretty significant drop in the promo bonus. It's typically $300 for total checking, $200 for savings (albeit at $15k)...

monto888 said:   Pretty significant drop in the promo bonus. It's typically $300 for total checking, $200 for savings (albeit at $15k)...
  of course. And the above posters, as well as OP can't be more wrong: the $300+200=$500 is always available (if you're not getting it being thrown/laying around, spare $10 to acquire it on fleebay). What's this advantage of being on Chase website????- when it causes you $150 loss!!!!!

If you have a chase credit card, check your offers. It will likely be a better version of this.

gremln007 said:   If you have a chase credit card, check your offers. It will likely be a better version of this.

link to check offers? 

It is on the menu (funny little button with horizontal bars) toward the bottom. Says Offers. This should be available once logged in.

gremln007 said:   It is on the menu (funny little button with horizontal bars) toward the bottom. Says Offers. This should be available once logged in.
  on https://chaseonline.chase.com/MyAccounts.aspx don't see it. Screenshot would be great..Thx!

needhelpplease said:   
gremln007 said:   It is on the menu (funny little button with horizontal bars) toward the bottom. Says Offers. This should be available once logged in.
  on https://chaseonline.chase.com/MyAccounts.aspx don't see it. Screenshot would be great..Thx!

I couldn't find it on mine either. Could be targeted.

gremln007 said:   It is on the menu (funny little button with horizontal bars) toward the bottom. Says Offers. This should be available once logged in.The funny little button with horizontal bars is called a "hamburger menu."

It says "Your Offers", but then it doesn't show me any offers... must be because I currently have everything.

SinglePapa said:   
monto888 said:   Pretty significant drop in the promo bonus. It's typically $300 for total checking, $200 for savings (albeit at $15k)...
  of course. And the above posters, as well as OP can't be more wrong: the $300+200=$500 is always available (if you're not getting it being thrown/laying around, spare $10 to acquire it on fleebay). What's this advantage of being on Chase website????- when it causes you $150 loss!!!!!

It depends on where you live? I get the lousy $200+$150 in the ValuePak mailer; used to be, worse. A friend of mine gets the $300+$200. He lives in a different town. Ymmv. Not worth it to pay on fleebays.

needhelpplease said:   
fwuser12 said:   
No.

That's  new term then , I opened a bunch of savings accounts got bonuses last year

It's old news. ...new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates... You can only receive one new savings account-related bonus per calendar year. The offer is not available on account conversions, or in combination with any other offer. https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1432125 Get $175 transferring $15k to a new Chase Savings.

scripta said:   
The funny little button with horizontal bars is called a "hamburger menu."

It says "Your Offers", but then it doesn't show me any offers... must be because I currently have everything.

Thanks for the explanation. 

I used to see no offers pretty often and then started getting offers.  Noticed that my wife's account often had more offers.  Credit profiles are similar so I am unsure how they determine this. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017