Alliant Cash Back Visa Signature card:
- 3% cash back first year
- 2.5% cash back after first year
- No forex fees
- $59 annual fee, first year waived

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-signature-card

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, I redeemed for statement credit back on the 14th, I guess I didn't see the savings account option. It hasn't poste... (more)

tjguitar85 (Jul. 01, 2017 @ 5:10p) |

Datapoint: I used it to fund a US Bank checking account and it  posted as a purchase.

Also, this showed up the other day:... (more)

s3riously (Jul. 21, 2017 @ 2:38p) |

No promotional statement credit for me.

tjguitar85 (Jul. 21, 2017 @ 6:52p) |

EXISTING CC CUSTOMERS:

If you already have an Alliant visa and want to upgrade, you can call here for a quick conversion:

You can contact a loan officer at (800)328-1935, extension 5401 to request the change.
They are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Good deal for the first year, then about the same as 2% cards with no annual fee.

rated:
atikovi said:   Good deal for the first year, then about the same as 2% cards with no annual fee.
  If you spent about the same as $11,800 per year on a 2% card. It would be worth it for me.

rated:
This is an interesting card, considering I get 3% cash back on certain categories using several cards, so this could replace several cards I use. This plus the chase freedom, and you're all set.

rated:
Nice card. Wish it had some kind of price protection though.

rated:
Thank you for posting.
I can not pay an annual fee.
It just seems stupid.
I would get the card right now if no annual fee.

I use the Citi Double Cash, and the Chase Freedom.
The Citi constant 2% then the Chase you vary the items to get 5%.

I like this kind of questions.
Everyone does what works best for them.

I don't like airline miles but many people do.

rated:
This card is by invitation only for some current Alliant members. If you have not received an email invite, you are not eligible.

Also, it's discussed in the Alliant CU thread.

rated:
Argyll said:   This card is by invitation only for some current Alliant members. If you have not received an email invite, you are not eligible.

Also, it's discussed in the Alliant CU thread.

Well, I didn't get the email, but if I go to the link for this, there's a big banner that says "CALL 800-328-1935 TO UPGRADE YOUR CARD TODAY!".

That seems like an invitation to me.  Of course, they could always deny the upgrade, but the invitation doesn't seem too exclusive.

Chris.

rated:
Meh. No signup offer.
My rough calculations show that you'd have to spend more than $8K to make this deal lukewarm. And I'm only talking about first year, after that the card is useless.

Good deal if you are looking for 2.5% card with AF (I'm not). Awesome deal if you have high spend MS activities that don't fit in category cards.

rated:
cpaynter said:    
Well, I didn't get the email, but if I go to the link for this, there's a big banner that says "CALL 800-328-1935 TO UPGRADE YOUR CARD TODAY!".

That seems like an invitation to me.  Of course, they could always deny the upgrade, but the invitation doesn't seem too exclusive.

Chris.

The offer is for Alliant members who have an Alliant credit card -- that is what is meant by upgrade. It is by invitation only.   If you have received an email invite you are eligible.   Email invites are being sent out through March 24th so it's possible you'll receive one if you are an Alliant member with an Alliant credit card.

rated:
Interesting, but the fee kills it for me. I don't play the MS game, so if I got this card it would be as a daily use instrument. I have one of my MM accounts with Alliant but haven't received the offer.

rated:
Was hoping I could get this since I have been a member with them for 10 years, but they said they would let me know once it was available to those that don't currently have their credit card.

rated:
The best cash rewards card is U.S. Bank Cash+Visa Signature Card
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/teamsite/html/usbank_cash_plus_v...
On two categories you choose 5% Back and 2%
and your spouse can choose deferent category
No annual fees

rated:
Powza said:   you'd have to spend more than $8K to make this deal lukewarm. And I'm only talking about first year, after that the card is useless.

No AF for first year, so the first dollar of spend makes it lukewarm. $11,800 to break even in subsequent years compared to 2% cards.

Closest alternative, and publicly available, is Discover Miles with 3% CB for first year and 1.5% after that.

rated:
fishbone81274 said:   Thank you for posting.
It just seems stupid.

Use caution with that type of logic.  I had grandparents that would spend $2 in gas and 30 minutes in time to save $1 on a bridge toll.

rated:
It just seems stupid.

I spend about 10k a month on credit cards..this makes a lot of sense even with the annual fees. Right now i use cap one spark and it is 2% flat with annual fee. I would use double cash but i need no forex fees

rated:
Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves;
And the mome raths outgrabe.

rated:
It just seems stupid.

What would be stupid would be to consider an annual fee in a vacuum, without looking at the benefits paying that fee gets you. The net cashback (after annual fees) is all that matters.  Would you pay a $60 annual fee for a 10% cashback card?

rated:
Yes. Who offers a 10% cashback card?

rated:
atikovi said:   Yes. Who offers a 10% cashback card?
  A new Discover card on the 5% categories in the first year.

rated:
Amex Preferred Blue Cash offers 6% back on groceries up to $6000. The fee is $95. I use it.

rated:
atikovi said:   Yes. Who offers a 10% cashback card?
  It was a rhetorical question, using a big number to make the math easier.  

rated:
Argyll said:   Amex Preferred Blue Cash offers 6% back on groceries up to $6000. The fee is $95. I use it.

Makes sense.  So long as you spend more than $2375/year on groceries, the extra cashback vs. a 2% card makes it worthwhile. 

rated:
If you can get Platinum Honors status with BOA ($100,000 in assets between them and Merril), you can earn 2.625% without fees.

Otherwise, 2.5% will be hard to beat for those who do a lot of spending using credit cards

rated:

rated:
Datapoint:  I had the Alliant Platinum Rewards (1%) card and as of yesterday had not received an email about upgrade, but I called the number yesterday and asked and was given the upgrade.  Straight conversion, no credit inquiry (unless I had wanted a CLI from $10k to $20k which I declined).  Was also told I would get a new card with a new number, but that within 24 hours, charges put on my current card will earn the 3%.

Chris.

rated:
cpaynter said:   Datapoint:  I had the Alliant Platinum Rewards (1%) card and as of yesterday had not received an email about upgrade, but I called the number yesterday and asked and was given the upgrade.  Straight conversion, no credit inquiry (unless I had wanted a CLI from $10k to $20k which I declined).  Was also told I would get a new card with a new number, but that within 24 hours, charges put on my current card will earn the 3%.

Chris.

I upgraded to the new Alliant card last week.  I called the card services department today  and was told only the new card when it is received and activated will earn the 3%.  The old card is canceled and unusable once you did the upgrade.

rated:
Has anyone got a into 0% on this card, I called to apply and was told no intro apr

rated:
The 0% intro APR is available on their other cards, not this one.

rated:
I just got the invitation for this and I have never had an alliant credit card, so it looks like they are branching out now.

rated:
Also just got the invite - first time here. 

Going to go for it - 3% for the first year is great. 

rated:
Damn, so if I don't have an Alliant card then I can't do this? If I get one can I upgrade later?

rated:
Any member can apply for the card and you don't need an invitation.

rated:
Argyll said:   Any member can apply for the card and you don't need an invitation.
  Thanks. I have no other card with them, nor did I get an invitation, but I was approved for a card in about 12 hours.

(I have been banking with them for several years)

rated:

rated:
Argyll said:   
cpaynter said:   Datapoint:  I had the Alliant Platinum Rewards (1%) card and as of yesterday had not received an email about upgrade, but I called the number yesterday and asked and was given the upgrade.  Straight conversion, no credit inquiry (unless I had wanted a CLI from $10k to $20k which I declined).  Was also told I would get a new card with a new number, but that within 24 hours, charges put on my current card will earn the 3%.

Chris.

I upgraded to the new Alliant card last week.  I called the card services department today  and was told only the new card when it is received and activated will earn the 3%.  The old card is canceled and unusable once you did the upgrade.

Interesting that they told you something different than me.  And indeed, my old card continued to work at least until I activated the new card when I received it.

However, I'm confused as my first statement since conversion just cut and I got only 1 point per purchase for all purchases, both those on the old card before the conversion and those on the new card.  Anyone else get a statement yet?  Am I missing something?

Chris.

rated:
When I log in, I can see the following under the account information: 0% merchandise APR, 0% cash advance APR. 

rated:
It seems like there are some glitches to be worked out. My statement printed but the cashback doesn't match the purchase amount. They are working on it. You can find the Cashback Rewards page when you click Options next to your card on the main account page.

rated:
Argyll said:   It seems like there are some glitches to be worked out. My statement printed but the cashback doesn't match the purchase amount. They are working on it. You can find the Cashback Rewards page when you click Options next to your card on the main account page.

Woo hoo! You're right. I spent $693 this statement period and the Cashback Rewards page says I have $693 of cashback available. 100% cashback! I love this card.

Yeah, there are some glitches to work out.

Chris.

Skipping 59 Messages...
rated:
No promotional statement credit for me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017