• filter:

New Zealand city offers free flight+hotel to 100 talented tech jobseekers (from around the world). Apply by March 20th.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
article:

"It sounds almost too good to be true: A free trip to New Zealand to interview for a job in the tech sector.

But that's what local authorities and businesses in the capital, Wellington, are offering to 100 talented workers from around the globe as they seek to boost the city's growing tech hub.

The idea has caught fire, with 12,000 people completing applications so far and thousands more registering interest ahead of the March 20 deadline.

...Successful applicants get free flights to New Zealand and free accommodation during their four-day stay in Wellington. They also get to see some of the sights and meet tech leaders. They are expected to apply for three jobs each but aren't obliged to accept any offers."

For more information:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4300074/Free-trips-New-Z...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Where is the link to apply?

rated:

rated:
Amazing area, I would move there at a moments notice if I could get citizenship. Actually I would move to almost anywhere in NZ, except Hamilton...

rated:
jerosen said:   Link :
http://www.wellingtonnz.com/work/looksee-wellington/

jerosen, figuring that information out is the first hurdle of the application process; folks should be eager and prepared to research that kind of simple thing for themselves, if they have any gumption whatsoever!

rated:
Good luck to any and all who have decided to apply!

If it sounds interesting to you, you have 2 days left before the deadline - give it a shot, why not.

-
If anyone here gets through to the final 100, let us know on the thread, or send me a brief PM because it would make my day (I would keep it confidential).

rated:
FYI, the state of Maine also has/had a program for jobseekers where they'll pay for some of the travel expenses.
Unlike the New Zealand 100, I think there was no limit on the number of participants who could take part in the Maine program, and it sounded easier to be accepted into it.
There was a Fatwallet thread mentioning this about a year ago, and they had an official website about it, so if the program is still up and running, info on that should be easy to find online, if you are interested.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017