• filter:

SEE UPDATE post - Fidelity Investments 2016 1099 / Div / etc ready for download into your favorite tax software

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Fidelity Investments 2016 1099 / Div / etc. ready for download into your favorite tax software  FINALLY

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Fidelity Investments said: We have identified that you imported certain 1099-B tax data into TurboTax this tax year. We discovered that some of the information included in that import may be incomplete. We have fixed the import issue, and updated 1099-B data is now available for import into TurboTax. The data on the Fidelity-issued 1099-B form is accurate. If you used your forms to manually enter this information into your return, no action is necessary on your part.

Next Step

If you already filed your taxes and used the import function in TurboTax prior to 3/17/17, an amended return may be necessary. There is no additional fee to amend a tax return originally prepared using TurboTax unless the amended return requires an upgrade to the version originally used.

If you did not file your taxes yet, but used the 1099-B import function in TurboTax prior to 3/17/17, you should delete the previous 1099-B import from Fidelity and reimport your 1099-B from Fidelity before filing.

We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this notification, please contact a Fidelity representative at 800-544-6666.

rated:
That'll teach you for doing your taxes before mid-april!

rated:
TurboTax online doesn't work well with this situation. I tried a few times to delete and reimport from Fidelity, but always ended up with the same data that I imported on March 7th. The old data miscalculated capital gains because it didn't consider market discount on some bonds. My capital gains are $68 more than the correct amount, so I paid $17 more than necessary on Fed tax. It's not a big deal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017