Any card still offering 5% rewards at warehouse clubs? or for charitable donations?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
As of April, my Chase Visa is no longer offering 5% back on warehouse-club purchases; I'm stuck with my BofA Visa (which offers 2%) unless someone can suggest a better one out there.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

First, there is a sticky thread for this https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457?showmessage=1980...
Second, there is 5% at Sams Club with Discover through the end of June.

qcumber98 said:   First, there is a sticky thread for this https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457?showmessage=19809104
Second, there is 5% at Sams Club with Discover through the end of June.

if an open new discover card ... they may still have the double your reward for 1st year ... so potential to turn it into 10%

qcumber98 said:   ...
there is 5% at Sams Club with Discover through the end of June.

You can also buy Costco gift cards with a discover card via costco.com and get 5% back

NFCU Visa is 3% back at warehouse clubs through the end of the year.

To the best of my knowledge, Chase Freedom stopped offering 5% at Warehouse clubs on 12/31/16.  I'm not sure where you got the idea that they were giving 5% at warehouse clubs at any time in Q1 2017.

Concerning charitable contributions, the USBank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa offers 3x points on charitable contributions (as well as 2x points on cell phone and grocery or airfare and 1x points on everything else).  Points are worth 1˘ per point if redeemed for cash, or up to 2˘ per point if redeemed for travel.  To me that equates to close to 6% cashback on charitable contributions, but to anyone it's at least 3% cashback on charitable contributions.  It normally has a startup bonus of 20k points (so $200 cash/$400 travel).  The best time to sign up for it is the Olympics, where they offer additional bonus points depending on how many medals the U.S wins.  Last summer I applied for the card (my wife had applied in summer 2012) and I got a total 34,800 points, so nearly $700 worth of travel.

Chris.

See also

Let's Compare - Which benefits are at 5% REBATE in the same time frame
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1530835

Discover Opens Activate SECOND Quarter 2017 5% Categories - NOT limited to Sam's Club
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1553496

cpaynter said:   To the best of my knowledge, Chase Freedom stopped offering 5% at Warehouse clubs on 12/31/16.  I'm not sure where you got the idea that they were giving 5% at warehouse clubs at any time in Q1 2017.

Concerning charitable contributions, the USBank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa offers 3x points on charitable contributions (as well as 2x points on cell phone and grocery or airfare and 1x points on everything else).  Points are worth 1˘ per point if redeemed for cash, or up to 2˘ per point if redeemed for travel.  To me that equates to close to 6% cashback on charitable contributions, but to anyone it's at least 3% cashback on charitable contributions.  It normally has a startup bonus of 20k points (so $200 cash/$400 travel).  The best time to sign up for it is the Olympics, where they offer additional bonus points depending on how many medals the U.S wins.  Last summer I applied for the card (my wife had applied in summer 2012) and I got a total 348,000 points, so nearly $700 worth of travel.

Chris.

Wouldn't that be $6960 of travel, or $7000?

Bend3r said:   cpaynter said:   To the best of my knowledge, Chase Freedom stopped offering 5% at Warehouse clubs on 12/31/16.  I'm not sure where you got the idea that they were giving 5% at warehouse clubs at any time in Q1 2017.

Concerning charitable contributions, the USBank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa offers 3x points on charitable contributions (as well as 2x points on cell phone and grocery or airfare and 1x points on everything else).  Points are worth 1˘ per point if redeemed for cash, or up to 2˘ per point if redeemed for travel.  To me that equates to close to 6% cashback on charitable contributions, but to anyone it's at least 3% cashback on charitable contributions.  It normally has a startup bonus of 20k points (so $200 cash/$400 travel).  The best time to sign up for it is the Olympics, where they offer additional bonus points depending on how many medals the U.S wins.  Last summer I applied for the card (my wife had applied in summer 2012) and I got a total 348,000 points, so nearly $700 worth of travel.

Chris.

Wouldn't that be $6960 of travel, or $7000?

It would be but alas, I mistyped. I earned 34,800 points. 😋

Chris.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017