Question about broker fee on a hard money loan on commercial property in New York

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
Anyone's expertise in this would be appreciated. In New York State, can an unlicensed mortgage broker legally take a broker commission on a hard money/private loan on commercial property? In short, does anyone know if the licensing laws for real estate brokers apply on mortgages on commercial property and do you need a license to take a commission? The mortgage amount would be approximately $500,000.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to

Thanks for visiting Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017